When you were a kid, what did you aspire to be when you grew up?

gg

my four.. in no particular order :D

1. chinese princess - i had a friend when i was in kindergarten and she had the most beautiful hair.. so i thought i would combine that with being a princess. :P

2. A truck driver ( 18 Wheeler, of course) I thought it would be cool to travel the country and i thought it would be neat to be in a big truck.

3. I wanted to be the first female to hold the first down markers at JETs games ( still holding out hope for this one :D)

4. Vice President of the United States. I thought i would get to go to all the galas and wouldnt have to deal with all those tough presidential decisions ( thats not going to happen.. way to many skeletons in my closet :lol: )

ok.. tell me what yours are? ;)

An old hag math teacher.

:eek: Oh no, you didn't!!!! (look below, Thor) ;)

Had three that I can remember:

1. priest - liked the ceremony and wanted to lead it; didn't want to be a nun

2. NFL kicker - liked kicking balls around and thought it would be fun to run onto the field to kick a field goal

3. teacher - just always liked teaching, even got a chalkboard when I was little

Well, being female, bet you can't guess which one came true? :D

I became a high school math teacher -- yep, that's right Thor -- a high school math teacher!! :yahoo: And I'm older and haggier than gg, so watch out or you'll be in detention, young man. :biggrin:

1. Pro athlete (basketball or baseball)

2. Astronaut

3. Musician (I played some piano and trumpet)

4. Sports journalist/broadcaster

Never made headway on the first 3, but I am still working on the 3rd. I currently am the PA guy for UNCW men's soccer and baseball, and I've done radio for the softball team as well.

1. Musician

2. Cop, detective or FBI agent

3. Something art related

Wow! What an unusual combination.

Musician and artist frequently go together, but you don't think of someone who's primary responsibility is preserving public order as leaning heavily toward the artistic.

A good dad.

Seriously.

My father used to lift me up to slam dunk the ball in our driveway. I thought he was the biggest, strongest, greatest man in the world. It was actually really sad when I grew up and realized he was 'mere mortal'. He's still my best friend though.

Like most kids I dreamed of being a pro ball player but my dream was cut short due to my lack of athletic ability, But when I was in High School I learned when you work for an airline you fly for free well I figured that was the life for me. And thats what I do today.

Or Norway . ;)

my parents went a few years ago to visit mom's family. there was a bit of a language barrier, but they had a blast and came back with a cool story of one of the dudes who was famous in his town for killing a bear that was trying to steal his catch of fish

my family comes from a town only a few hundred miles south of the arctic circle

maybe that explains why I sweat so much :lol:

A good dad.

Seriously.

My father used to lift me up to slam dunk the ball in our driveway. I thought he was the biggest, strongest, greatest man in the world. It was actually really sad when I grew up and realized he was 'mere mortal'. He's still my best friend though.

What a sweet child you are.

1. Musician

2. Cop, detective or FBI agent

3. Something art related

Wow! What an unusual combination.

Musician and artist frequently go together, but you don't think of someone who's primary responsibility is preserving public order as leaning heavily toward the artistic.

Well, I'm a freelance commercial Illustrator now. I'll save the law enforcement for my one of my next lives! :)

A good dad.

Seriously.

This.

1. USAF Fighter Pilot

All I wanted to do as a kid was fly the F-15 in the Air Force. Instead, I tool the Army ROTC scholarship that they dangled in front of my face and have regretted that decision ever since.

Now I'm in another career field that I also regret getting into.

Archived