LaDainian is LaDone

flgreen

So it's like throwing darts predicting who is going to suck or not? Right.

all im saying is there is a possibility several of these pickups were duds. many are assuming they will all be "ok-to-good" if not great additions. It doesn't usually work out that way.

all im saying is there is a possibility several of these pickups were duds. many are assuming they will all be "ok-to-good" if not great additions. It doesn't usually work out that way.

I'm just hoping that Santonio and Antonio work out. They're the only ones that -right now- I'd like to see back with the team in 2011.

so this is all about this no name dbags personal assesment based on a minicamp ?

:face:

I am so tired of these writers. Jones was not an exceptional running back, despite his numbers. He usually did nothing in the first half of games when defenses were fresh. He was a guy who was perfectly conditioned, did not fumble, and had perfect attendance. He also ran behind a steamroller. Thank you, TJ. You are a good guy. The next tackle you break will be your first.

I can't believe all the ass-kissing of the Jets F.O. in this thread. Ladanian Tomlinson=Brett Favre=Art Monk=Ronnie Lott. Someday, the Jets will understand this. Maybe.

You have a point with those names until you get to LT. Brett Favre, Art Monk, throw in Steve A****er (At-water) and Ronnie Lott all came to the Jets as starters.

LT is riding the bench, He's here as a Mentor for Greene and McKnight. Greene will have been mentored in his first two years by one of the most consistent runners in the league in TJ and one of the most explosive backs in history in LT.

LT will play a limited role unless Greene is hurt for the season. With that said we still have an aged LT, however with the best line in football, so we're still at an advantage in that area. Having Edwards, Holmes and Cotch on the field is going to help as well because there will be no stacking the box.

Tomlinson will provide more in the locker room and in practice for the development of Greene then he could ever do physically on the field for us this year. And I think he'll be getting his ring this year because of that.

QUESTION. Max, why cant you say At-water on your thread? It changes it as if I typed a curse.

QUESTION. Max, why cant you say At-water on your thread? It changes it as if I typed a curse.

Must be the filter is sensitive to the word t-w-a-t?

What I don't get is when TJ broke open a decent run, the O-line got the credit. When TJ ran into a wall of pack mules for a lousy 2-yard gain, TJ got the blame.

LT will broaden the playbook better than TJ, and his presence will be priceless for the young guys especially.

Must be the filter is sensitive to the word t-w-a-t?

What I don't get is when TJ broke open a decent run, the O-line got the credit. When TJ ran into a wall of pack mules for a lousy 2-yard gain, TJ got the blame.

LT will broaden the playbook better than TJ, and his presence will be priceless for the young guys especially.

Completely agree with you. I certainly wont say that the Chargers had the worst line in football, but they surely havent had the best. LT will be fine because he'll have the help. Its cool for him not to be the LT of old, a runner that no matter how horrible the line is he was still able to get things done. He need help now, what better team than the Jets?

LT is going to be used with such versatility, that he'll get the yardage and more importantly scores that the Jets hoped for out of him.

I can't believe all the ass-kissing of the Jets F.O. in this thread. Ladanian Tomlinson=Brett Favre=Art Monk=Ronnie Lott. Someday, the Jets will understand this. Maybe.

Except that we aren't asking Tomlinson to be a savior. Just the # 2/3rd down back.

Precisely. Nobody is assuming Tomlinson is the same great player he was, which is why we signed him for a reduced role-third down back. Even relatively slow RB's with no elusiveness can do well there if they can catch the ball, and we don't know that ALL of Ladainian's slipperiness is gone once he gathers the ball in.

It's easier to make a great move when the ball is delivered to you in relatively open space than when running from scrimmage.

Archived