any body notice that baseball got wrong

FoxJet

the Mets get a day off so they can travel all way to Queens meanwhile the Yankees have to travel to Phoenix AZ no day off baseball should have Mets play mon thru Weds. and Yankees tues thu thurday :soapbox:

To be fair, the Mets are coming off a 9-game road trip (6-games if you only want to count Baltimore and Cleveland). The Yankees have been home for a bit, no?

If this game had been flexed to Sunday night, I'd agree with you. But flying to AZ after a Sunday afternoon game isn't all that bad.

There are 3 games today. 3! Thats it! There should never be that few games on any day.

With this Interleague schedule, they need to do things that way.

If weather were to interrupt an InterLeague Series, they have to have the flexibility to fit that in right away, because doing it later would be near impossible, and hard on the teams.

Today is one of those buffer days.

Fixed.

Unfair advantage to AL.

AL rosters are made up of a bench that considers the DH (meaning one pure hitter).

NL rosters don't have that luxury and have to have players who can fit a multitude of roles on the team (utility), and most just can't afford to carry a "slugger" only.

The Beer League softball rules of the AL give them a slight advantage in the match-ups.

Unfair advantage to AL.

AL rosters are made up of a bench that considers the DH (meaning one pure hitter).

NL rosters don't have that luxury and have to have players who can fit a multitude of roles on the team (utility), and most just can't afford to carry a "slugger" only.

The Beer League softball rules of the AL give them a slight advantage in the match-ups.

In Sharrow's world, apparently, fairness is gained by forcing pitchers who never hit to do so. NL teams can just grab their best hitter who's not playing that day off the bench to DH. If there's an advantage to the AL in that scenario, it's VERY slight.

Unfair advantage to AL.

And how are AL teams not disadvantaged by having a slugger who can't field when they play in NL parks? They either have to miss his bat or put up with his horrible defense. NL teams are optimized around not having a DH and AL teams are optimized around having one so either team is going to be at a disadvantage when playing by the other league's rules.

Interleague should all be NL rules (no DH). Only way to keep it fair. Either that or get rid of IL play.

yeah let's watch all the AL pitchers get hurt from having to try to hit while the better hitters are on the bench

the Mets get a day off so they can travel all way to Queens meanwhile the Yankees have to travel to Phoenix AZ no day off baseball should have Mets play mon thru Weds. and Yankees tues thu thurday :soapbox:

So do you think the Yanks landed before the sun set in Az yesterday?

And how are AL teams not disadvantaged by having a slugger who can't field when they play in NL parks? They either have to miss his bat or put up with his horrible defense. NL teams are optimized around not having a DH and AL teams are optimized around having one so either team is going to be at a disadvantage when playing by the other league's rules.

My point was that the AL is advantaged when the DH is in the game (AL parks)

Don't they have any athletes in that League over there?

You guys sound like a bunch of old men.

My point was that the AL is advantaged when the DH is in the game (AL parks)

Don't they have any athletes in that League over there?

You guys sound like a bunch of old men.

And my point is that the NL is advantaged when when there is no DH so it's pretty much a wash the way things are. I have no problem with you objecting to the DH on other grounds. I myself have mixed feelings about it. I would like to see more pitchers hit.

Of Mans First Disobedience, and the Fruit

Of that Forbidden Tree, whose mortal tast

Brought Death into the World, and all our woe,

With loss of EDEN, till one greater Man

Restore us, and regain the blissful Seat,

Sing Heav'nly Muse, that on the secret top

Of OREB, or of SINAI, didst inspire

That Shepherd, who first taught the chosen Seed,

In the Beginning how the Heav'ns and Earth

Rose out of CHAOS: Or if SION Hill

Delight thee more, and SILOA'S Brook that flow'd

Fast by the Oracle of God; I thence

Invoke thy aid to my adventrous Song,

That with no middle flight intends to soar

Above th' AONIAN Mount, while it pursues

Things unattempted yet in Prose or Rhime.

And chiefly Thou O Spirit, that dost prefer

Before all Temples th' upright heart and pure,

Instruct me, for Thou know'st; Thou from the first

Wast present, and with mighty wings outspread

Dove-like satst brooding on the vast Abyss

And mad'st it pregnant: What in me is dark

Illumine, what is low raise and support;

Yeah. When AL teams play in an NL park, they get a starter coming off the bench. When they play in an AL park, the NL has to use a bench player as a starter. That's a clear advantage.

And if you're trying to say that NL pitchers are such great hitters that they give a big advantage or even an equal advantage to NL teams, then you've already lost the argument. If there's any advantage there, it would be that NL teams put more resources into building a better bench than AL teams.

And if you can't swing a bat or run the bases without getting hurt, then you shouldn't be at the top level of the game in which those should be essential factors.

Archived