WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

I mean I got upset and frustrated at Lily last game so I understand where frustration comes from. But I feel like whether she's scum or town she seems a little hurt by attacks on her personality. You guys can stand to be a little less harsh about that it's just a game.

You're a very sweet boy.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Dan and JiF. I'm not changing who I am, but I can certainly change behavior that is clearlyl bothering some people. They could have said something the other day, but I guess this way is more fun for them. Whatever. I'm here to play not to squabble over that nonsense.

You were asking if we wanted one extreme or the other. I don't care if you flirt but saying over the top stuff like your usual commentary at DPR is a bit much. Sorry but I agree with Integrity that I don't really wanna see the gross sexual innuendoes all game. Don't go all emo saying I'm telling you that you have to act like a nun and be all pious. I'm ASKING for a happy medium. Turning it around like I'm telling you to stop or gtfo is bull****. That's what YOU did to Barm.. which is what pissed me off more than the over the top sex stuff. Yeah he needs to play more but you coulda put it a hell of alot better than telling him do what you say or hang.

As far as what Dan said.. I'm not asking her to change her playstyle either. SHE changed it when she came here. She does the happy medium with the flirting over there.

I mean I got upset and frustrated at Lily last game so I understand where frustration comes from. But I feel like whether she's scum or town she seems a little hurt by attacks on her personality. You guys can stand to be a little less harsh about that it's just a game.

That was so nice that you just have to be scum.

unvote

vote: JVoR

He's far from L-2 right now, and I believe the only player who hasn't checked in. It doesn't give us any info, and as such almost certainly won't be the lynch for today. It does, however, put some pressure on him to actually play.

This is my take. If he plans on playing, when he shows up with a couple votes on him he should feel a little more compelled to contribute. That's really all I'm looking for from him right now.

I'm done here for tonight. I don't want to fight with anybody over anything. And I think it would be refreshing to get attacked for my game play, rather than my personality. Let's try it that way for a change.

If I were to change my vote to you, it would be because I thought you were overly defensive with just a couple of votes. I'd consider that gameplay more than personality.

And I prefer you stick to your personality. It's fun for me, and it should be fun for you, too.

Why does this always flip from complete D1 nonsense to someone having their feelings hurt?

I'm going under the assumption that everybody is kidding util somebody makes an actual gamepoint - which I don't believe I've seen yet. Well, except for the one about CTM being a dandelion for drinking 2 Bartles and James Fuzzy Navel wine coolers and pretending like he knocked back a bottle of Skyy Wodka. I think that one probably did happen.

In light of recent posts I am going to unvote and Vote Nae.

Nae you seem a little guns blazing for Lily and it is just day 1. You seem like you are determined to be pissed at her and find what she does out of line. We love the flirty Lily, it takes a little seriousness out of the game.

I think we are dealing with an inebriated pirate. :D

Also Verb's internet has been so-so. He is getting work done on his house and the company working in his basement has messed up some lines and one of them happened to be the internet.

I'm not liking this post. I mean the part about CTM is accurate...but the rest of it is opportunistic to me on an easy lynch and the reasoning is echoed sentiment from Naeann.

Unvote

Vote I28

I think you are over-selling the "opportunistic" aspect of my vote.

She did play like doodie last game. I didn't really push a lynch on her hard last game because she was doing the scum's work for them and I was obviously scum... this game, I don't need to bite my tongue. I think given her play style, she is a perfect early lynch candidate... for me it makes sense to at least get an early impression on her.

Nae you seem a little guns blazing for Lily and it is just day 1. You seem like you are determined to be pissed at her and find what she does out of line. We love the flirty Lily, it takes a little seriousness out of the game.

Yep, I was actually thinking the same thing.

And I thought that right after I saw Lily explode for no reason.

At which point I thought to myself, "Myself? What would a Nae/Lily gambit look like?" and myself answered "Look at the thread, myself, look at the thread", and I said to myself "Hmmmmm".

FOS on Nae and Lily.

I think it's funny, but frankly, it is what keeps her alive generally. Everyone has their own unique play style but it doesn't entitle you to rise above suspicion.

I think we are dealing with an inebriated pirate. :D

In my defense, the sun is past the yard arm, so to speak. The real question is, can you handle an indebriated pirate?

Well...that was a totally un-fun part to read. :(

Here's my tidbit of thought: We can all get frustrated/annoyed with one another from time to time through playing this game. Heck, the people on this site that AREN'T mass-posting together get annoyed with each other from time to time. That's ok. Doesn't make anyone a bad dude/chick or anything, just the way things work. We're a bunch of very different people from very different parts of the country, and in some cases a completely different time and species. We're gonna fight.

I'm not sure where I was going with this, because I started this post like 30 minutes ago before a HIMYM repeat, and got really distracted. But yeah...there's that.

In my defense, the sun is past the yard arm, so to speak. The real question is, can you handle an indebriated pirate?

I go to East Carolina University. Dealing with inebriated, and yes even inDebriated pirates is a requirement for graduation.

At which point I thought to myself, "Myself? What would a Nae/Lily gambit look like?" and myself answered "Look at the thread, myself, look at the thread", and I said to myself "Hmmmmm".

FOS on Nae and Lily.

I'll allow it.

Well...that was a totally un-fun part to read. :(

Here's my tidbit of thought: We can all get frustrated/annoyed with one another from time to time through playing this game. Heck, the people on this site that AREN'T mass-posting together get annoyed with each other from time to time. That's ok. Doesn't make anyone a bad dude/chick or anything, just the way things work. We're a bunch of very different people from very different parts of the country, and in some cases a completely different time and species. We're gonna fight.

I'm not sure where I was going with this, because I started this post like 30 minutes ago before a HIMYM repeat, and got really distracted. But yeah...there's that.

Sounds like you were running for Miss America

FOS on Nae and Lily.

I also had this sense at the beginning, but it sounded less fake to me as it went on.

I was going to ask if they're really friends over at DM. :P Last two games they've been up in each other's grill a little bit. But of course, last two games each one of them has taken a turn as scum. Could be they just read each other pretty well.

It's worth noting.

Also Verb's internet has been so-so. He is getting work done on his house and the company working in his basement has messed up some lines and one of them happened to be the internet.

Noted.

FOS on Nae and Lily.

HAAARRRRRRRRRR

/drunk pirate sound

I was going to ask if they're really friends over at DM. :P Last two games they've been up in each other's grill a little bit. But of course, last two games each one of them has taken a turn as scum. Could be they just read each other pretty well.

Actually it is basic knowledge, you put two strong, independent women who are used to getting what they want, you end up with either an epic cat fight, or some poor man somewhere being mentally and verbally abused just dying to crawl in a hole and drink something

Actually it is basic knowledge, you put two strong, independent women who are used to getting what they want, you end up with either an epic cat fight, or some poor man somewhere being mentally and verbally abused just dying to crawl in a hole and drink something

I think I am just surprised by lilys hyper-defensiveness.

If I were a judge I'd pick you.

You're so, so, kind! I do it for all the starving children of the world

How do your looks compare to Miss Ethiopia's? 'Cause if you can't win Miss Universe, what's the point?

...I have a GREAT personality...

Popping back in really quick......I felt the need to explain - you know me.

Guys this is personal. I thought we had settled it. I was wrong. Sorry it's affecting y'all. That's the last thing I want. There's no point in trying to hide it when some of you are seeing through it. I won

Is that your Getting ready to drink face, or your face when you run out of martinis?

That's my warface! That's how I look before I take a driving test, cut the grass, or make love.

When I run out of martinis, well, I don't even want to talk about that.

Ok, so lily and pac relentless flirt with D P R.. i20 ape and naeann don't like it prolly cause they both want D P R for themselves, jif is still gay, hess and verbal missing and dan and jvor are in fact the gender confused peeps we thought they were, except there's only 1 of them.

Now that i'm caught up, can we lynch the great ape?

That's my warface! That's how I look before I take a driving test, cut the grass, or make love.

When I run out of martinis, well, I don't even want to talk about that.

Is that what caused the oil spill? Or is it like Crusher getting locked in a healthy foods grocery store?

Archived