WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

I'm typically against set up talk, but just to get things going and apease the crazy baboon, I'll give it a shot. But remember this is pure speculation.

My guess is that Dorothy and her gang are scum. And that Dorothy has disrupted the land of OZ by stealing the Wicked Witch of the East shoes. They will be known as Outcasts.

Then there will be the town, known as Ozites. They will be working with the Wicked Witch of the West to find Dorothy and her gang. I got a feeling the town knows who the Wicked Witch of the West is and they are going to need to protect her from Dorothy.

SMC strikes me as the type that would incorporate the Good Witch of the North and the Wizard as neutral players that can help either the town or the scum get closer to victory, so both Dorothy and TWWoW will be desperately searching for them.

And just to make it interesting, the Ozites will win when all the Outcasts are vanquished, unless Dorothy get assistance from a Magical power.

But again, thats just off the top of my head, pure speculation.

This is an odd post

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm typically against set up talk, but just to get things going and apease the crazy baboon, I'll give it a shot. But remember this is pure speculation.

My guess is that Dorothy and her gang are scum. And that Dorothy has disrupted the land of OZ by stealing the Wicked Witch of the East shoes. They will be known as Outcasts.

Then there will be the town, known as Ozites. They will be working with the Wicked Witch of the West to find Dorothy and her gang. I got a feeling the town knows who the Wicked Witch of the West is and they are going to need to protect her from Dorothy.

SMC strikes me as the type that would incorporate the Good Witch of the North and the Wizard as neutral players that can help either the town or the scum get closer to victory, so both Dorothy and TWWoW will be desperately searching for them.

And just to make it interesting, the Ozites will win when all the Outcasts are vanquished, unless Dorothy get assistance from a Magical power.

Okay, to set the record straight. I was NOT encouraging anyone to talk setup. I was questioning why our "setup talk" repeat offenders were not doing it in this game so far.

Who are the guys/girls that talk setup game after game?

Why aren't they doing it this time?

Is it worth investigating?

Those were the key points to my initial post... sheesh.

I haven't actually seen it, but if I understand correctly, in the play Wicked, Dorothy is the antagonist and the Wicked Witch of the West is the protagonist. Its entirely possible that SMC has modelled this game after that.

Okay, to set the record straight. I was NOT encouraging anyone to talk setup. I was questioning why our "setup talk" repeat offenders were not doing it in this game so far.

Smashmouth for one, but this line of thinking led me to lynch an innocent last game.

I got a feeling the town knows who the Wicked Witch of the West is and they are going to need to protect her from Dorothy.

This is an odd post

Especially when you consider "he got the feeling" about something that SMC made perfectly clear in the opening scene.

You all know who the Wicked Witch is and she is in danger from Dorothy, so protect her as best you can.

Mmmm-yeah. I don't get the emotional breakdown to D1, tbh. Especially since its 99% shenanigans and dooshiness.

Frankly, it only resonates with me as contrived... because this is a kid's guessing game being played by adults on the computer. No big deal. I don't get it when anyone goes emo in this game. Not you, not Crusher... nobody.

I'm sure you are a sweetie in real life, but this is a game. Gotta separate the two, especially given the "locker room" talk that goes on in-game.

I said it last game, and I'll offer it up again here - don't take offense to anything I say in these games. I'll go so far as to apologize in advance for being offensive, because I know its coming. But... Its guy time in here. I go about my business under the assumption that the women that choose to play get that.

That said, I like my vote where it is. This just seems like a routine you go through to last a couple extra days in the game to me.

Fair enough. Actually, I handle your roughness (and your douchiness) a lot better than I do women and their...... oh, I don't know what to call it that would be remotely acceptable. Sorry again about going emo. I think it's just Lily d1. It won't always be. I hate it. This is only your second game with me, so I get that you see it differently. I'm cool with that.

I agree with one thing - do NOT make the mistake of cutting me slack because I'm a girl. Anyone who has played with me will tell you that is a mistake. I just ask that you vote me on my play and not my personality. If you think I've been scummier than my apparent usual scumminess, then vote me. Please.

You came off as "I"m better than you so do what I say or **** off". Inn's won the last game so where's the problem? Us Predatards killed off each other and helped the town win the game. Flip of the coin (number out of a hat) bad luck for us good for town. Yeah, Adella, Brettlejuice, and Barm had incredible inactiveness last game but don't lord around like you are better just because you, Pac, and CTM post 5 thousand times a game. Sharrow doesn't post much but when he does he plays a wicked good game and has very good insight.

<3

unvote and vote Jif The way this read, and with things I've read and information on this game, it sounds like you are scummy.

I'm hoping this is the Dorothy we're looking for:

zooey_deschanel_as_dg_in_tin_man1.jpg

I think JiF explained it pretty well. What's left to discuss? Town roles?

I think setup talk can often be beneficial to the town. In this one, I think it's only beneficial to scum.

Fair enough. Actually, I handle your roughness (and your douchiness) a lot better than I do women and their...... oh, I don't know what to call it that would be remotely acceptable. Sorry again about going emo. I think it's just Lily d1. It won't always be. I hate it. This is only your second game with me, so I get that you see it differently. I'm cool with that.

I agree with one thing - do NOT make the mistake of cutting me slack because I'm a girl. Anyone who has played with me will tell you that is a mistake. I just ask that you vote me on my play and not my personality. If you think I've been scummier than my apparent usual scumminess, then vote me. Please.

I am voting you based on your play.

In this game, personality is part of play. Do you think I act like an ill-mannered beast in real life? Not a chance. The beast that is I20-Ape, was born out of this game, and way too much time spent on Jets message boards.

I think we all have a "game personality" and yours is to talk out of both sides of your mouth more often than not.

On one hand its "poor Lily, I'm emo, or blonde, or whatever and hey sugar, flirt, wink, darlin, sit in your lap, i have boobies" and on the other hand its "don't take it easy on poor old me - oh and i killed slats."

Your play gets you a free pass and all of a sudden you are either scum that found your way to end-game, or detrimental townie killing off obvious townies like slats and jvor.

You were asking if we wanted one extreme or the other. I don't care if you flirt but saying over the top stuff like your usual commentary at DPR is a bit much. Sorry but I agree with Integrity that I don't really wanna see the gross sexual innuendoes all game. Don't go all emo saying I'm telling you that you have to act like a nun and be all pious. I'm ASKING for a happy medium. Turning it around like I'm telling you to stop or gtfo is bull****. That's what YOU did to Barm.. which is what pissed me off more than the over the top sex stuff. Yeah he needs to play more but you coulda put it a hell of alot better than telling him do what you say or hang.

As far as what Dan said.. I'm not asking her to change her playstyle either. SHE changed it when she came here. She does the happy medium with the flirting over there.

Yeah. We don't want to hear/read it. We want to see it. Get with the program.

I'm hoping this is the Dorothy we're looking for:

zooey_deschanel_as_dg_in_tin_man1.jpg

I think JiF explained it pretty well. What's left to discuss? Town roles?

I think setup talk can often be beneficial to the town. In this one, I think it's only beneficial to scum.

Agreed on Zooey.

I have now made it clear now that I am NOT trying to discuss setup, but instead asking who typically discusses it. I think its a little shady for you to disregard that clarification of this point, and insinuate that I was trying to talk setup.

11 pages in and none of you giant ****ing geeks have speculated about setup yet... who are our usual "setup talk" advocates? It may make sense to start by kicking their tires.

Unless it will cause more emo, if that is the case, then just line up and kick me in the jimmy...

5 scum, 2 wild cards, and the rest townies, how's that sound?

Agreed on Zooey.

I have now made it clear now that I am NOT trying to discuss setup, but instead asking who typically discusses it. I think its a little shady for you to disregard that clarification of this point, and insinuate that I was trying to talk setup.

No insinuation.

I'm one of the people who really enjoys talking setup. In this game, I'm purposely not talking setup because I do not see it as beneficial to the town at all. SMC spelled out the basics pretty clearly. If anything, I'm defending a little bit.

Your raised back hairs have, however, been noted.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

JVOR (2) -- Pac, WWWWombat

Lily (3) -- Vicious, Nae, I28

CTM (1) -- AVM

Barm (2) -- Hess, Lily

JiF (2) -- Smashmouth, Runin

Runin (1) -- DPR

I28 (2) -- CTM, JVOR

Verbal (4) -- BG, Slats, JiF, Barm

Nae (1) -- DanX

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

No insinuation.

I'm one of the people who really enjoys talking setup. In this game, I'm purposely not talking setup because I do not see it as beneficial to the town at all. SMC spelled out the basics pretty clearly. If anything, I'm defending a little bit.

Your raised back hairs have, however, been noted.

I'm just doing damage control - because the minute I made the comment it seemed like some people were trying to frame it like I was jumping into setup talk. Which was not the case.

So I28, we are discussing not discussing the discussion of game set-up?

Apparently.

All I wanted to know was which players typically discuss setup, to make the simple observation that for some reason they were not this time around.

Grasping at straws to be honest, but the opportunists are coming out of the woodwork doing a good job of "accidentally" thinking I meant something other than what I said.

Archived