WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

I've been keeping up this morning, but forgot to check in. I'm here. I'm finding this whole thing really interesting. I28 seems to be defensive and other than that observation, I don't really have much to contribute. I'll switch votes if that's where the group is going to go today.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not against lynching anyone atm (and that's a nuetral thing - the same way I don't have a really strong case against anyone.), but there is something bothering me about Runin.

My original vote on him was a joke - but now I'm kind of liking it for real.

To me, he seems very chill so far. He hasn't played too much, or too little. He's posted, but not really drawn too much attention to himself. And then there is that subtle play against JiF.

Runin, you got anything to say about that?

aren't all actions done by a person in a mafia game suspicous. If I wouldn't have posted last night I would have been a mafia lurker this morning.

Anyways I read my pm from the mod and compared it to jif's game set up. Sure it was primarily a rehashment of the op but it seemed off from my pm. If anything I figured the mod probably didn't use a standard pm for everyone, or it was a tiny slip up, either wayi was going to look at jif closer.

Then he posts saying he would be ok to lynch anyone who is currently voting him. Which read like it was a joke, but if not it was an overglorified omgus.

About the part of mafia voting for someone and it is a pretty safe call. Yeah it is especially on d1 when the mafia try and havetheir votes spread out and sometimes mafia members even vote themselves. :P

All that was from my phone so don't expect anothe reply until later in the evening.

I28 please respond:

I think its either scummy or just another gross example of how big a clown he is when he doesn't read things thoroughly.

I'm not going to let myself get needlessly lynched because of JIF's lack of reading comprehension. His case has NO merit.

My initial post very clearly asked if the collective group thought it made sense to pressure the players in this game that typically would be well into discussing setup by now... not pressure them to talk setup, not suggest talking setup... but pressure them to explain why they are reluctant to do so. Remember, at the time I suggested it, NOTHING was being done to draw out scum.

JIF''s immediate summary of SMC's opening scene showed me he either didn't read what I wrote, didn't understand it, or he was posting a blatant paraphrase of the setup in order to do what he is doing now... insisting (in spite of me setting the record straight) that I was tying to talk setup.

I was not.

He however did delve into setup, and he either did it to conjure this ridiculous case.... or because he was too stupid to read, and is now trying to deflect attention from his assinine recap of SMC's opening.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, I28, Pac

CTM (1) -- AVM

Barm (2) -- Hess, Lily

JiF (1) -- Runin

Runin (1) -- DPR

I28 (7) -- CTM, JVOR, JiF, Sharrow, slats, BG, Smashmouth,

Verbal (1) -- Barm

Nae (2) -- DanX, WWWWombat

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

I28 please respond:

This is what I thought was scummy in his recap of SMC's opening.

Especially when you consider "he got the feeling" about something that SMC made perfectly clear in the opening scene.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1608337&postcount=461

Also this in red:

Unvote Verb

Vote I28

Reason being, he is trying to force set up talks when SMC clearly hashed it all out for us in the opening scene.

FOS CTM and Runnin. CTM for not recognizing my sarcasm when we've been posting together for 5 + years and he actually used the work "reeked", total scum tell. And Runnin because I couldnt figure out if he was being sarcastic by calling me scummy for recapping opening scene/set up when monkey brains was trying to force us to talk about game set ups. ;-)

I've made it very clear that the statement in red is bull****.

You idiots can't get out of your own way.

put a sock in it you filthy beast.

I'd like nothing more than to jump in on this but I can't without re-reading your exchange because I don't remember it being that outrageous.

In the meantime I kind of like my vote where it is.. I voted Lily because she was a bit overdefensive yesterday then she starts her day with this:

I've been keeping up this morning, but forgot to check in. I'm here. I'm finding this whole thing really interesting. I28 seems to be defensive and other than that observation, I don't really have much to contribute. I'll switch votes if that's where the group is going to go today.

She's got nothing to contribute but she'll happily lynch I28? Doesn't sound right to me.

I'd like nothing more than to jump in on this but I can't without re-reading your exchange because I don't remember it being that outrageous.

In the meantime I kind of like my vote where it is.. I voted Lily because she was a bit overdefensive yesterday then she starts her day with this:

She's got nothing to contribute but she'll happily lynch I28? Doesn't sound right to me.

Way to twist my words. I said I only had one thought to contribute, not no thoughts.

Which is essentially where I'm at. I think theses 2 ego's clashing early on has made enough noise for someone like Lily to just slink behind the scenes. Coming in and saying "Ho-hum, I'm ok with what you guys do." just looks to me as trying to remain non-confrontational.

Which is essentially where I'm at. I think theses 2 ego's clashing early on has made enough noise for someone like Lily to just slink behind the scenes. Coming in and saying "Ho-hum, I'm ok with what you guys do." just looks to me as trying to remain non-confrontational.

I HATE RL confrontations. I HATE that this personal issue was brought to the game. I want ONE freakin' day to recover, okay?

I'll put I28 at L-2 when one more person votes him, because I want to hear what he has to say, if we're going there. Fair enough?

I think its either scummy or just another gross example of how big a clown he is when he doesn't read things thoroughly.

I'm not going to let myself get needlessly lynched because of JIF's lack of reading comprehension. His case has NO merit.

My initial post very clearly asked if the collective group thought it made sense to pressure the players in this game that typically would be well into discussing setup by now... not pressure them to talk setup, not suggest talking setup... but pressure them to explain why they are reluctant to do so. Remember, at the time I suggested it, NOTHING was being done to draw out scum.

JIF''s immediate summary of SMC's opening scene showed me he either didn't read what I wrote, didn't understand it, or he was posting a blatant paraphrase of the setup in order to do what he is doing now... insisting (in spite of me setting the record straight) that I was tying to talk setup.

I was not.

He however did delve into setup, and he either did it to conjure this ridiculous case.... or because he was too stupid to read, and is now trying to deflect attention from his assinine recap of SMC's opening.

I-128 this is not about JIF, its about you. JIF has no influence on my vote and everyone here makes their own decision. Your focus on JIF while your heading too a lynch is not going to help your case.

I HATE RL confrontations. I HATE that this personal issue was brought to the game. I want ONE freakin' day to recover, okay?

I'll put I28 at L-2 when one more person votes him, because I want to hear what he has to say, if we're going there. Fair enough?

You bring up this issue everytime you're pressured pretty much. It's like clockwork. If it's truly a real life issue that causes you to break down, why play? So now, because I feel you skate on by with this reasoning as well as the flirting, I'm going to have to take my vote off because I'll be seen as a dick.

Saying it's interesting and not placing a vote smells like scum trying to massage a vote along.

What's ho-hum is that you said "If that's where the group is going to go today." To me that reeks of just trying to get along with everyone.

Don't change your vote based on the RL issue with Nae. That would make me feel worse, okay? I had no way of knowing this wasn't solved. We exchanged several PMs and I thought it was. I really don't want to focus on this anymore. It's personal and painful.

As for the other, I'm not one to switch my vote a lot. I tend to carefully place my vote once and leave it there. You see it as scummy. I'm sorry. I don't. At least that's a decent reason to vote for me, tho.

who is your top pick for a lynch?

Truth? I don't really have a thing except the meta reason I'm on Barm, which seems to have gotten him posting, so that's good, and I28's defensiveness. So, I guess I28. (It's d1. I did such a good job scum-hunting on d1 last game. lol But that's what I have for now.)

Archived