WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

Hey everyone, sorry I'm checking in so late. This event was draining, people are exhausting, and it's so gross and sticky outside! I tried checking in quick this afternoon, but my phone wasn't letting me get onto the site. Just wanted you to know I'm here, since I said I'd check in during the day. Reading now.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not bitter. Just frustrated. I am tired of being asked to repeat my actual defense, then getting accused of repeating my defense and being "over defensive."

What can I say at this point?

Dude if you're important we still got 24 hours till deadline.

Hey everyone, sorry I'm checking in so late. This event was draining, people are exhausting, and it's so gross and sticky outside! I tried checking in quick this afternoon, but my phone wasn't letting me get onto the site. Just wanted you to know I'm here, since I said I'd check in during the day. Reading now.

*waves to Dan*

I am a member of the town you will regret getting rid of. I am not compelled to tell any more than that at this point.

regret?

not compelled?

I think that if you're truly important to the town, and you want to make it beyond today in this game, that you have to do better than that.

I re-read carefully almost hoping to see a reason to hammer the ape but sadly I don't... All the uproar seems to have been centered around this rather innocuous post:

11 pages in and none of you giant ****ing geeks have speculated about setup yet... who are our usual "setup talk" advocates? It may make sense to start by kicking their tires.

Unless it will cause more emo, if that is the case, then just line up and kick me in the jimmy...

Not exactly smooth but not scummy in my estimation either. Seems like he was trying to drum up a conversation rather than prying for info. I'm fairly certain everyone knows what the game is... no need for him to do that as scum.

What I did find however during my re-read was that I'm more comfortable than ever with my vote on Lily... much of her time has been spent asking for people to not discuss some incident that I wasn't even aware took place... she's continually asked for people to bear with her and move on but again what are we moving on from?? The warm words for everyone coupled with the opportunistic vote on the ape strike me as way more scummy than anything the chimp has done.

I'm also weary of Runnin for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill a couple times but having been guilty of that myself I'm not too suspicious.

Roll digging?

You'd rather have somebody important get lynched without claiming? We've had a lot of scum trying to get by on a "trust me" You even saw it last game where Hess was getting all up in arms saying he was something important and not to lynch him. I28 is at L-2 right now, where we usually claim because people at L-1 have been ninja hammered before.

Mmm ... I don't understand how JiF's post could be read as anything other than sarcasm. I laughed a little reading it, I'll admit it. So that's the thing that weirds me out more than the other points being made about it. I would expect I28 to pick up on something like that, especially when coming from his foe from last game?

You'd rather have somebody important get lynched without claiming? We've had a lot of scum trying to get by on a "trust me" You even saw it last game where Hess was getting all up in arms saying he was something important and not to lynch him. I28 is at L-2 right now, where we usually claim because people at L-1 have been ninja hammered before.

While I get that... having him say yo.. don't lynch me I'm the healer.. could cause issues later in the game if the finder finds him/herself at l-2. The healer then has to play roulette with the mafia on who to protect. It was what I was tripping out about when I had heat as the healer in the lost game. It's never ended good that i've seen when the healer is outted.

Seriously?

The man is two votes from being lynched. If he has a role, I'd rather find out what it is before he's lynched than afterwards.

I've seen a lot of day one trains get to L2 and then dissipate. I am not doing the scum any favors... if you are not satisfied with what I had to say, then I'm sorry.

Let me ask this question... what do you hope to learn from my lynch? So far, I can't see the town learning anything from it.

No competing trains and a bunch of questionable votes/plays being overlooked because I'm the loud monkey brain attracting too much attention.

You lynch me, you are out one townie and have no leads into where to look D2.

Hell, half the people in this game haven't really even contributed. Your going to let this go the distance and get nothing from it. NOTHING.

I've seen a lot of day one trains get to L2 and then dissipate. I am not doing the scum any favors... if you are not satisfied with what I had to say, then I'm sorry.

Let me ask this question... what do you hope to learn from my lynch? So far, I can't see the town learning anything from it.

No competing trains and a bunch of questionable votes/plays being overlooked because I'm the loud monkey brain attracting too much attention.

Hell, half the people in this game haven't really even contributed. Your going to let this go the distance and get nothing from it. NOTHING.

My biggest issue with you is I don't see the uproar on JiF and Lily and you are pushing very very hard for it. Right now JiF and Lily are both neutral for me. What exactly has Lily done this game that is drastically different from last game? I pushed hard on Lily last game cause I didn't think she'd play like that as town but apparently she can be a little erratic.

I also have not seen you pressured as scum before and you've been acting like you've had a huge wedgie. Even more so than usual.

However,

Unvote I28

I think you're still the best thing going d1 but I see your point about the deadline and the lack of a real competing train. That is giving me pause. This last post was really the first pro-town thing i've seen from you. But i'll take my time and talk it out.

While I get that... having him say yo.. don't lynch me I'm the healer.. could cause issues later in the game if the finder finds him/herself at l-2. The healer then has to play roulette with the mafia on who to protect. It was what I was tripping out about when I had heat as the healer in the lost game. It's never ended good that i've seen when the healer is outted.

While I agree it's difficult either way, we're already here now. Obviously, you all know I have fallen for the "can't say more, I'm super important" spiel. Which is awful. However, I really don't know what's the better option for important townies to take.

My biggest issue with you is I don't see the uproar on JiF and Lily and you are pushing very very hard for it. Right now JiF and Lily are both neutral for me. What exactly has Lily done this game that is drastically different from last game? I pushed hard on Lily last game cause I didn't think she'd play like that as town but apparently she can be a little erratic.

I also have not seen you pressured as scum before and you've been acting like you've had a huge wedgie. Even more so than usual.

However,

Unvote I28

I think you're still the best thing going d1 but I see your point about the deadline and the lack of a real competing train. That is giving me pause. This last post was really the first pro-town thing i've seen from you. But i'll take my time and talk it out.

What I'm seeing on Lily is more in her recent posts on I28, where she seems to be prodding things along yet trying to show how uninvolved with it she is. The rest to me is, unfortunately, a lot of the same I saw early in the last game. It's almost like a paint-by-numbers repeat, which could mean a lot of things.

This is an odd thing to say. Why wouldn't we have leads as to where to look D2?

Look, I'm not trying to trip you up - it's only D1 - where we're statistically likely to lynch a townie, we would rather not expose power roles because of the point that Nae made, and no matter what, we get info to start building cases with.

But you have to come up with a better reason to put off your lynch than "trust me".

However,

Unvote I28

Admittedly, I have had an uproar to Jif. His stupidity makes me mad. I could play his game and call it all a joke now... but you guys probably wouldn't overlook it like you do when he pulls that ****.

The bad attitude is related to my job offers. I had 2 as I stated in the other game. 1 had the sexy title, and the other the better salary. The decision making process got exhausting for me because one of the companies got very shady. If it founds its way into the game, that is my bad.

There has been no uproar from me to Lily. Even as I have been bickering about Jif, I have had my vote on her. I feel (for reasons I have stated in a couple places now) that she is the best lynch candidate I can offer. Now... You are asking me to metagame Lily. So I will oblige. If I wasn't scum last game I would have wanted her lynched. Since I was scum I didn't press the issue because she was more of an asset to the scum team than the town, despite her being town. Now, I see her pattern of being very sketchy and opportunistic... talking out of both sides of her mouth... blatantly contradicting herself and that to me is better than lynching me because I offered snarky and redundant defense of myself.

While I agree it's difficult either way, we're already here now. Obviously, you all know I have fallen for the "can't say more, I'm super important" spiel. Which is awful. However, I really don't know what's the better option for important townies to take.

I've fallen for it too. I'm not saying he's right.. I'm just not feeling he's wrong at this time. I know I get exhasperated when I'm telling the truth and no one believes me. He's a difficult read because I didn't look closely at all at his posts in the only game I've been in with him because I already knew he was scum lol. From what other's have said I'm taking that he's pretty out there as town too. Much like Pac and Jif.

IIRC he played a much more careful game in Predators. I doubt he would have been suspected til the end had he not gotten himself killed attacking Hess.

This is an odd thing to say. Why wouldn't we have leads as to where to look D2?

Look, I'm not trying to trip you up - it's only D1 - where we're statistically likely to lynch a townie, we would rather not expose power roles because of the point that Nae made, and no matter what, we get info to start building cases with.

But you have to come up with a better reason to put off your lynch than "trust me".

Explain to me what you learn, and about whom, with my lynch.

What I'm seeing on Lily is more in her recent posts on I28, where she seems to be prodding things along yet trying to show how uninvolved with it she is. The rest to me is, unfortunately, a lot of the same I saw early in the last game. It's almost like a paint-by-numbers repeat, which could mean a lot of things.

The thing that sealed the deal for me with Lily was her post about not having anything to add, but she'll happily put me at L2... a few posts later she put her vote on me, and said she was leaving... then went nowhere... offering only a bull**** redefinition of what "soon" means, when she literally said she was leaving, not soon, just leaving period.

Smells like a lie to me...

I don't think Lily is the charity case these guys have chalked her up to be... and she is playing them. Especially the no-puss-eee getting guys on here don't want to go the rest of the game without her talking about crawlin up in their laps and giggling.

Explain to me what you learn, and about whom, with my lynch.

1. If you have a role, it might help us to understand what other roles are in the game. Sure, the mafia will see this as well, but lynching is a part of the game, and it is a match of wits.

2. Who voted for you, and who didn't will be the foundation for beginning D2 arguments.

Biut you already know this...why say otherwise?

1. If you have a role, it might help us to understand what other roles are in the game. Sure, the mafia will see this as well, but lynching is a part of the game, and it is a match of wits.

2. Who voted for you, and who didn't will be the foundation for beginning D2 arguments.

Biut you already know this...why say otherwise?

1. I'm not discussing role until I am sure I have no choice. Right now, I have time to field questions and have lightened up, so lay 'em on me...

2. See now, every time I imply something like that, CTM says I have "monkey brains" and it proves nothing. In fact, the question "what does it prove" is right out of his playbook. I'm sure he is yucking it up right now in the QT, speaking of.

1. I'm not discussing role until I am sure I have no choice. Right now, I have time to field questions and have lightened up, so lay 'em on me...

2. See now, every time I imply something like that, CTM says I have "monkey brains" and it proves nothing. In fact, the question "what does it prove" is right out of his playbook. I'm sure he is yucking it up right now in the QT, speaking of.

Why are you listening to CTM?

Why are you listening to CTM?

I'm not. But every game I have played, I have made the assertion you did that I could learn from someone's lynch (usually his) and he has responded, prove it.... as in what will you learn, and then he poops all over my response... and nobody questions him.

So... back on topic. I don't think you get anything concrete from my lynch and fail to see how its not worth at least using the time between now and the deadline to pressure a competing train.

I'm not. But every game I have played, I have made the assertion you did that I could learn from someone's lynch (usually his) and he has responded, prove it.... as in what will you learn, and then he poops all over my response... and nobody questions him.

So... back on topic. I don't think you get anything concrete from my lynch and fail to see how its not worth at least using the time between now and the deadline to pressure a competing train.

You know what you know, no matter what anyone else tells you.

We'll get info from any lynch, and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

But, I do like that you are sticking to your guns on not revealing. It would be simple enough to just say you are roleless if you were scum.

I'll unvote for now to hear other arguments.

The thing that sealed the deal for me with Lily was her post about not having anything to add, but she'll happily put me at L2... a few posts later she put her vote on me, and said she was leaving... then went nowhere... offering only a bull**** redefinition of what "soon" means, when she literally said she was leaving, not soon, just leaving period.

Smells like a lie to me...

I don't think Lily is the charity case these guys have chalked her up to be... and she is playing them. Especially the no-puss-eee getting guys on here don't want to go the rest of the game without her talking about crawlin up in their laps and giggling.

Ironically lily is #3 on the post list. Goes to show how much hard work she's done for the town.

Archived