WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

I re-read carefully almost hoping to see a reason to hammer the ape but sadly I don't... All the uproar seems to have been centered around this rather innocuous post.

Not really, it was the reactions to me making a silly about it.

I've never seen someone derail their own train with the "insult the town" tactic before. And God knows I've tried it.

Just happened. Its pathetic. He just you're stupid/moron/idiot-ed his way out of a lynch. Very sad indeed. He's a very stubborn person, but I'm still shocked he hasnt fallen on the sword and recognized why people get a scum vibe from him.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, I28, Pac

Barm (1) -- Hess

JiF (2) -- Runin, WWWWombat

I28 (7) -- CTM, JiF, Sharrow, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily

Nae (1) -- DanX

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, JVOR, Barm, DPR, Verbal

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

Just happened. Its pathetic. He just you're stupid/moron/idiot-ed his way out of a lynch. Very sad indeed. He's a very stubborn person, but I'm still shocked he hasnt fallen on the sword and recognized why people get a scum vibe from him.

Oh, my bad. I should have been a good townie and not protested being lynched. :rolleyes:

Sorry to have rained on your parade.

Not a big fan of revealing without revealing. It's a bs move most often perpetrated by scum.

Interested to hear what JiFruitcake has to say about this when he's done with his Dogeball game and ice cream social.

Oh, my bad. I should have been a good townie and not protested being lynched. :rolleyes:

Sorry to have rained on your parade.

Its got nothing to do with that...you just bitched like a little girl and called out everyone in the process instead of just defending and admitted you did something stupid.

Thanks Steve, I was just about to look for your last vote count.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, I28, Pac

Barm (1) -- Hess

JiF (2) -- Runin, WWWWombat

I28 (7) -- CTM, JiF, Sharrow, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily

Nae (1) -- DanX

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, JVOR, Barm, DPR, Verbal

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

Those not voting need to vote, or at the very least state their intentions. JVoR and DPR just got off of I28, not sure where AVM unvoted from.

Those of you on one or two person trains might want to think about where you might move as we get closer to the deadline tomorrow.

Not a big fan of revealing without revealing. It's a bs move most often perpetrated by scum.

Interested to hear what JiFruitcake has to say about this when he's done with his Dogeball game and ice cream social.

Its terribly weak. I've got a really important role for the town, but I'm not telling you. Whatever. :puke2:

We'll see. I just feel like this whole I28 train has been a waste of time. I didn't see why people were voting him and I don't see why people are unvoting him. I feel like everyone is just going through the motions right now.

What exactly do you propose nerdbot? Hyper lynch our way to day 5?

Its got nothing to do with that...you just bitched like a little girl and called out everyone in the process instead of just defending and admitted you did something stupid.

Wait... am I picking up on a hint of "I wanted to teach the stubborn stupid monkey a lesson about teh mafia" excuse for backing off now? How appropriate. :rolleyes:

LOL

He's been so helpful. He voted me for being 3rd on a train that didnt result to lynches, when we still needed 7 more to go. What a case. :roll:

It's not like he couldn't have put I20Ape at L1 if he was so hungry for blood.

Wait... am I picking up on a hint of "I wanted to teach the stubborn stupid monkey a lesson about teh mafia" excuse for backing off now? How appropriate. :rolleyes:

You have wild ideas and give me way too much credit. How many times do I have to say it has nothing to do with some vendetta. I have not liked your play. Plain and simple. End of story.

So the main case on monkey man is that he found it odd that there was no game set up discussion as there usually was (and with that, I take that he meant the people who usually discuss the game must not be for a reason). Valid point even if he had his usual angry way of putting it out. I don't buy the case on him, and I think like CTM/Doggin etc it's become easy to see him as scummy because of the way he plays. Add in last game, and yeah...he's an easy candidate especially when you consider "you're almost always getting town on D1."

I don't disagree with the point, but I think it makes things easier for scum to sit back and wait for the game to come to them.

Can we all agree that I28 has acted scummishly, and that's why he's the lynch leader?

Having said that, he's far from a sure thing, and it might be worth letting a few other people talk befoe we do him in?

I unvoted him to take the immediate pressure off, but I don't think anyone else should unless we choose a more likely candidate.

I also agree with Slats in that non-voters, and those with votes on people that have no train could go ahead and let us know that they are in the game.

So the main case on monkey man is that he found it odd that there was no game set up discussion as there usually was (and with that, I take that he meant the people who usually discuss the game must not be for a reason). Valid point even if he had his usual angry way of putting it out. I don't buy the case on him, and I think like CTM/Doggin etc it's become easy to see him as scummy because of the way he plays. Add in last game, and yeah...he's an easy candidate especially when you consider "you're almost always getting town on D1."

I don't disagree with the point, but I think it makes things easier for scum to sit back and wait for the game to come to them.

This.

Thank you.

Who the heck would you prefer then?

What exactly do you propose nerdbot? Hyper lynch our way to day 5?

I don't know, I kinda liked your idea of all the scum raising their hands. Most of the games I play in, the majority of people are a lot less cautious and a lot less skilled so I would be more confident in my suspicions.

I believe Lily has been the most compelling lynch candidate. I stated reasons earlier in the game.

From the begging for sympathy over this contrived spat with Nannootz, to the opportunistic voting preceded by sentiments of disdain about cases. To saying she is leaving and voting me, then redefining leaving when I called her out for continuing to post after she voted cause she was leaving. The way I see it... She knows she had heat early and is diligently monitoring this train on me as it took the heat off of her. Just like last game, she's playing the emo card to coast to the next day... and you saps are all gobbling it up.

I am a member of the town you will regret getting rid of. I am not compelled to tell any more than that at this point. Frankly, if the townies let a sketchy day one train like this go all the way to lynch without so much as a competing train... then we don't deserve to win.

So you're claiming you have a role that you don't want to share...not exactly screaming don't lynch me, monkey man.

This is an odd post

Exactly..

Jif post reeked

All this scrutiny I have been under for not "getting it" that Jif's setup summary was meant to be sarcastic, and yet nobody has questioned CTM setting the hook...

And where has he been?

So you're claiming you have a role that you don't want to share...not exactly screaming don't lynch me, monkey man.

I never said I have a role. The word role is not in that post... I said you will regret getting rid of me. That is all I said. Interpret it how you want... with 7 votes I will not provide any more detail than that.

All this scrutiny I have been under for not "getting it" that Jif's setup summary was meant to be sarcastic, and yet nobody has questioned CTM setting the hook...

And where has he been?

For me, the difference is that setting traps is CTM's thing. He likes to bait scum as town. That does make it a little tricky because I have to figure out whether he has good or bad reasons for being sneaky. :P But I would buy CTM trying to bait someone like that as a townie.

I'm not seeing much of a case on anyone right now. Lily has been very dramatic but hasn't actually done much game-wise to warrant a vote on her, and frankly, not knowing JiF very well, his post did not read to me as being a straight up sarcastic joke post, so I sorta understand why I28 read it as he did.

As of right now, I'm going to vote Lily because, as has been noted, there has not been competing trains or a lot of pressure in this game beyond the JiF / I28 spat. I think other players have provided enough reasons for her to defend herself.

I never said I have a role. The word role is not in that post... I said you will regret getting rid of me. That is all I said. Interpret it how you want... with 7 votes I will not provide any more detail than that.

Now this starts to worry me again - if you are anything other than a roleless townie, you have a role. You've implied you have a role important to the town.

I really don't think you want to play the "intepret what I say however you want to" game, 'cause I'm pretty sure everyone will interpret you lynched.

I'm not asking for info, but don't confuse things more.

LOL

He's been so helpful. He voted me for being 3rd on a train that didnt result to lynches, when we still needed 7 more to go. What a case. :roll:

I'd like to point this post out again. It screams scum to me. It is an overreaction that is meant to look nonchalant. When I28 dismissed me he seemed genuinely indifferent. JiF's dismissal, however, seems to me to be one of someone who is sweating bullets because he picked up one vote.

Archived