WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe Lily has been the most compelling lynch candidate. I stated reasons earlier in the game.

From the begging for sympathy over this contrived spat with Nannootz, to the opportunistic voting preceded by sentiments of disdain about cases. To saying she is leaving and voting me, then redefining leaving when I called her out for continuing to post after she voted cause she was leaving. The way I see it... She knows she had heat early and is diligently monitoring this train on me as it took the heat off of her. Just like last game, she's playing the emo card to coast to the next day... and you saps are all gobbling it up.

I am a member of the town you will regret getting rid of. I am not compelled to tell any more than that at this point. Frankly, if the townies let a sketchy day one train like this go all the way to lynch without so much as a competing train... then we don't deserve to win.

I hate this crybaby ****. It's so ridiculous. If you're going to pull that crap then don't even play. We seriously go through this crap with someone every game, and it needs to stop.

The semi-reveal and "take my ball and go home" routine isn't making me feel any better about I28. My vote stays unless something better and more convincing comes along.

While I think the competing train idea is a good one, I'm not cool with Lily being the other train. With the drama from the other day, we could easily vote more on feeling than evidence. I haven't seen evidence of Lily being scum. Not leaving yet after saying she was going? If I had a penny for every time she's done that.....uh, I'd have some pennies.

I'm still thinking town for i28, but the insulting the town thing might just get him lynched anyway.

I believe I-28 is innocent and I can understand the frustration of watching a train being built on yourself, and no matter how hard you try people seem deadset to lynch you.

But the abrasive attitude is starting to get on my nerves, I am not going to vote for someone I believe innocent unless my vote is mandatory when we reach the deadline.

Also I find it interesting that DPR didn't comment on my puppet master post.

Lily's apathetic statement about voting pinged my radar, and just her whole disinterest in actual game content has me wondering. I know she has a lot going on, if anyone would know it would be me. I don't feel comfortable with the train on her, at least not yet, until things calm down for her, and she can play to her best.

The thing that sealed the deal for me with Lily was her post about not having anything to add, but she'll happily put me at L2... a few posts later she put her vote on me, and said she was leaving... then went nowhere... offering only a bull**** redefinition of what "soon" means, when she literally said she was leaving, not soon, just leaving period.

Smells like a lie to me...

I don't think Lily is the charity case these guys have chalked her up to be... and she is playing them. Especially the no-puss-eee getting guys on here don't want to go the rest of the game without her talking about crawlin up in their laps and giggling.

That might normally be the case, but I

I saw scummier reactions from Runin and CTM. Especially CTM who panicked when he saw people FOSing those who responded to Jif and then disappeared once he saw more people interested in monkey man.

i posted i'd be at a concert .. I was there, besidesthe peanut butter pirate said i had nothing to worry about earlier

I've seen a lot of day one trains get to L2 and then dissipate. I am not doing the scum any favors... if you are not satisfied with what I had to say, then I'm sorry.

Let me ask this question... what do you hope to learn from my lynch? So far, I can't see the town learning anything from it.

No competing trains and a bunch of questionable votes/plays being overlooked because I'm the loud monkey brain attracting too much attention.

You lynch me, you are out one townie and have no leads into where to look D2.

Hell, half the people in this game haven't really even contributed. Your going to let this go the distance and get nothing from it. NOTHING.

Yeah, but will we rue the day?

I'm not. But every game I have played, I have made the assertion you did that I could learn from someone's lynch (usually his) and he has responded, prove it.... as in what will you learn, and then he poops all over my response... and nobody questions him.

So... back on topic. I don't think you get anything concrete from my lynch and fail to see how its not worth at least using the time between now and the deadline to pressure a competing train.

lol.. you clown

You know what you know, no matter what anyone else tells you.

We'll get info from any lynch, and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

The question isn't whether or not you get information, it's how much and of what variety..

Monkey brain imo has a point that a single day 1 train is non optimal for the information gatherer. That being said, I have to admit being atleast partially loathe to unvote him in fear of having to listen to him pound his stupid chest about it for years if he is scum..

I see you have unvoted around these posts.. so no reason for me to.. yet

LOL

He's been so helpful. He voted me for being 3rd on a train that didnt result to lynches, when we still needed 7 more to go. What a case. :roll:

Umm.. it's a damn nice place for scum to vote considering the mechanics of thsi game, you're still under the line where you can claim townie distancing from the wwow

All this scrutiny I have been under for not "getting it" that Jif's setup summary was meant to be sarcastic, and yet nobody has questioned CTM setting the hook...

And where has he been?

you are a sad sad little simian

Er, how was the concert?

Bong.gif

Also I find it interesting that DPR didn't comment on my puppet master post.

And I find it interesting that you loft a statement like that out there, and Verbal suddenly appears for the metagame ali-oop.

Just another reason you keep tickling my nose hair.

I re-read carefully almost hoping to see a reason to hammer the ape but sadly I don't... All the uproar seems to have been centered around this rather innocuous post:

Not exactly smooth but not scummy in my estimation either. Seems like he was trying to drum up a conversation rather than prying for info. I'm fairly certain everyone knows what the game is... no need for him to do that as scum.

What I did find however during my re-read was that I'm more comfortable than ever with my vote on Lily... much of her time has been spent asking for people to not discuss some incident that I wasn't even aware took place... she's continually asked for people to bear with her and move on but again what are we moving on from?? The warm words for everyone coupled with the opportunistic vote on the ape strike me as way more scummy than anything the chimp has done.

I'm also weary of Runnin for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill a couple times but having been guilty of that myself I'm not too suspicious.

PAC I think it was more the over all defensive posture and playa haters attitude not just ONE particular post. A weak case was made and he went ..... And yes once again JIF = buck nasty

7Dzxef1muoQ

This game is hard because of the way everyone needs to be careful about what they say. For example, we've got multiple people agreeing that we should look at competing trains, but the only option aside from I28 right now seems to be Lily. I didn't like her posts about I28, but I don't know if she's going to turn out to be one of those players where her Day 1 play always feels wrong to me. I felt iffy about many of her posts the last game and was proven to be incorrect in the end.

I agree that Runin is playing completely differently than he did in the last game, but I can also see that happening if someone was lynched Day 1 their first game here.

I have to admit being atleast partially loathe to unvote him in fear of having to listen to him pound his stupid chest about it for years if he is scum..

I admit to having a little bit of this going on with me as well. :P

I'll be on my phone today, off and on, and then home in the afternoon. I have to read back on a couple of things. With so many people in the game I have trouble keeping everyone straight. I want to reread the posts surrounding the JiF incident.

Geez, you guys do like the details. *sigh* I have to be somewhere at 4:30 and I need a bath and stuff in the meantime, okay? Soon means in the next hour or two.

Why would I say this if I was disappearing that minute?

When questioned, I explained again:

Where is the contradiction? If you

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (5) -- Vicious, Nae, I28, Pac, Barm

Barm (1) -- Hess

JiF (2) -- Runin, WWWWombat

I28 (7) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, DPR, Verbal, Sharrow, DanX

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 14 HOURS AND 36 MINUTES

I just re-read quite a bit of this mess... I am willing to concede the following:

Interpreting JIF's "sarcastic" game setup recap as a serious post was stupid on my part. I think the carry-over bickering with him from last game may have influenced my sense of humor there. Anyway, I still don't agree with his assertion that I was trying to "force setup talks" but I do agree that I should have gotten the joke, furthermore that I should have defended more tactfully and less like a beast.

CTM is most likely the creepy guy at the beer tent willing to buy $10 beers for teh mud-covered, underaged "trustafarians" at the Phish concerts. I guess everyone has their way of finding a warm place to stick it, this is yours.

I think Lily's emo will get her past D1 and more every time she plays here. Its really kind of lame. But I think I caught her in her own lie, and just posted about it. I'm not going to move my vote for now... but there are others I think that need to be looked at.

With 4, maybe 5 scum and this being the current vote situation:

Lily (5) -- Vicious, Nae, I28, Pac, Barm

Barm (1) -- Hess

I28 (7) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR

Nae (1) -- DanX

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, DPR, Verbal, Sharrow,

2-3 of them are probably voting me right now, or have at least been voting me and have unvoted with every intention of re-voting just for the theatrics of it. DPR is doing quite the Pied Piper routine with all the material I have provided the past day, his play concerns me. Something about how Smashmouth and BG joined that train, and how JVOR has been a cheerleader for it stand out to me.

1 scum is probably on Lily, even if she is also scum. She is the closest thing to a competing train and its likely they just wanted to bury one of their scum teammates there. Out of those votes Barm's seemed the most like a tag-along.

1 scum is likely on Jif - both Runin and Wombat have done a good job of making statements to distance themselves from me.

I only counted 3, not 16 ... I'll check again though, since that's a huge difference

The contradiction is evidenced by the ~16 posts you had between 4:34 and 6:50.

I called you out on your "I'm leaving soon, I vote I28 post" and you clarified that you meant "leaving soon" as in a couple hours from when you initially posted that statement, and you had to bee somewhere at 4:30... and then flagrantly made it obvious you were lying by posting pretty much all throughout the times you said you'd be gone.

So you managed to post from the bath when you said you'd be there, and to post from "being somewhere" even though you said you wouldn't be able to.

Don't come back now and say "oh, well I was posting from my phone" or something like that, because if you were going to maintain a presence in the thread even if you went somewhere (which you didn't), then you would have never said anything about leaving.

Now, I know you were lying.

See: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/search.php?searchid=238689&photoplog_searchinfo=1

I only counted 3, not 16 ... I'll check again though, since that's a huge difference

Okay, I may have effed up cause of a time zone thing. At 5:18 EST she said she had to be somewhere at 4:30. I didn't catch that. My count (~16) was based on finding 4:30 EST in her list of posts.

4:34

4:37

4:41

4:48

4:51

4:54

4:56

5:07

5:09

5:16

5:18 (This is where she said she had to be somewhere at 4:30)

5:34

5:42

5:44

6:50

I forgot we aren't all East Coasters.

The contradiction is evidenced by the ~16 posts you had between 4:34 and 6:50.

I called you out on your "I'm leaving soon, I vote I28 post" and you clarified that you meant "leaving soon" as in a couple hours from when you initially posted that statement, and you had to bee somewhere at 4:30... and then flagrantly made it obvious you were lying by posting pretty much all throughout the times you said you'd be gone.

So you managed to post from the bath when you said you'd be there, and to post from "being somewhere" even though you said you wouldn't be able to.

Don't come back now and say "oh, well I was posting from my phone" or something like that, because if you were going to maintain a presence in the thread even if you went somewhere (which you didn't), then you would have never said anything about leaving.

Now, I know you were lying.

See: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/search.php?searchid=238689&photoplog_searchinfo=1

Ugh.

"Gotcha!" FAIL

yeah I think I hhad been counting after the post where she said she had to leave

Okay, I may have effed up cause of a time zone thing. At 5:18 EST she said she had to be somewhere at 4:30. I didn't catch that. My count (~16) was based on finding 4:30 EST in her list of posts.

4:34

4:37

4:48

4:51

4:54

4:56

5:07

5:09

5:16

5:18 (This is where she said she had to be somewhere at 4:30)

5:34

5:42

5:44

6:50

I forgot we aren't all East Coasters.

And I find it interesting that you loft a statement like that out there, and Verbal suddenly appears for the metagame ali-oop.

Just another reason you keep tickling my nose hair.

I feel good about 1 of the 2 voters on JIF right now being scum... it makes sense for them to hide out there. They are outwardly saying they think I am town, and I am. If I do get lynched, they come away looking pretty good.

Unvote Lily

Vote Runnin

Right now, between him and Wombat, he has seemed less genuine.

DPR is doing quite the Pied Piper routine with all the material I have provided the past day, his play concerns me. Something about how Smashmouth and BG joined that train, and how JVOR has been a cheerleader for it stand out to me.

I salute Runin for sticking me with the PP label - well done, sir.

It was an OMGUS move, but you managed to slip it in and have I28 pick it up and carry it.

Which brings me back to I28 - you post like you are on a sugar high, but you really have not introduced anythign new. You've been gunning for Lily, and still are, which makes sense in a preservation kind of way, but your argument about the times she's posted is weak, and you spent way too much time on it.

And all of that is fine and good - no big deal - but now you pick up Pete's meta-argument about me leading the game along, and that sets my alarms off.

So far, Pete and Verbal have tried to push me as the PP - and mostly because I'm playing a calm game, but whatever, I'm open to the comment - but to see I28 pick it up and run with it after I was the one that unvoted him, and pretty much stopped sweating him? That looks alot like someone is talking behind the scenes to me.

vote I28

He may or may not be guilty, but this is the most damning evidence I've seen yet and it is deadline day.

I feel good about 1 of the 2 voters on JIF right now being scum... it makes sense for them to hide out there. They are outwardly saying they think I am town, and I am. If I do get lynched, they come away looking pretty good.

Unvote Lily

Vote Runnin

Right now, between him and Wombat, he has seemed less genuine.

Ahhh, that just made it all the sweeter - seperating yourselves before you even saw my post. I like my vote. heh

I salute Runin for sticking me with the PP label - well done, sir.

It was an OMGUS move, but you managed to slip it in and have I28 pick it up and carry it.

Which brings me back to I28 - you post like you are on a sugar high, but you really have not introduced anythign new. You've been gunning for Lily, and still are, which makes sense in a preservation kind of way, but your argument about the times she's posted is weak, and you spent way too much time on it.

And all of that is fine and good - no big deal - but now you pick up Pete's meta-argument about me leading the game along, and that sets my alarms off.

So far, Pete and Verbal have tried to push me as the PP - and mostly because I'm playing a calm game, but whatever, I'm open to the comment - but to see I28 pick it up and run with it after I was the one that unvoted him, and pretty much stopped sweating him? That looks alot like someone is talking behind the scenes to me.

vote I28

He may or may not be guilty, but this is the most damning evidence I've seen yet and it is deadline day.

Pete is Runnin right?

The same Runnin I just voted for?

Just checking... cause if we are going to call things "damning evidence" I wanted to know... evidence of what?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

Lily (4) -- Vicious, Nae, Pac, Barm

Barm (1) -- Hess

I28 (8) -- CTM, JiF, slats, BG, Smashmouth, Lily, JVOR, DPR

Runnin (1) -- I28

THOSE NOT VOTING: AVM, Verbal, Sharrow, DanX

With 20 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 11 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 13 HOURS AND 28 MINUTES

Archived