WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MOD NOTE: DEATH SCENE COMING SHORTLY

BOTH VOTES WERE OFFICIALLY CAST AT 2:09 PM. The order in which they appear on the game thread in this instant is not dispositive since it may be random. Both could have pushed the "submit button" at the same time.

I can only go by the Official Time.

I think that's a little bit nuts if i28 flips town ... No offense smc unless it's going to count that way for every lynch

I think that's a little bit nuts if i28 flips town ... No offense smc unless it's going to count that way for every lynch

My guess is that it's because I28 was telling the truth and SMC has decided he's not letting us get around having someone killed, so WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWombat is going to have to pay the price. Definitely sucks, but it may just be giving some reasoning to what was ultimately going to be SMC killing off the second-to-last voter no matter what if I28 self-hammered.

Also because you have no way of knowing how slow someones Internet is, like that time I posted three times because my Internet posted things several minutes after I submitted

AND THEN THERE WERE …

“Kill Dorothy! Kill Dorothy! Kill Dorothy!” the Ozites chanted as they gathered in the dungeon of the Wicked Witch’s castle. They debated who should be the first to be lynched in the hopes of finding one of the vile Outcasts or even Dorothy herself. Many were cautious, but others were fierce, and some, such as Lily and Naeann were more concerned with fighting with each other.

But there is one candidate that stood out above the rest: the bombastic Integrity28. He grated everyone with his aggressive style which made the Ozites want to vote for him more. The higher the vote total the more aggressive he became. He proclaimed his innocence, but no one was sure what to believe.

Finally, when Integrity was close to lynch vote, CTM dared him to step onto the stool and put his own neck into the noose. “No one dares me!” Integrity growled. He snatched the dangling noose. Out of nowhere as if he had flown down from the rafters, WWWWombat pounced on Integrity and threw the noose over his head. They fought off each other. “No, I’ll do it you son of a bitch!” snapped Integrity. “No, I’ll do it, you damn dirty ape!” WWWWombat shot back

Suddenly the stool gave way under their weight. But the fall didn’t break Integrity’s neck. Instead, the noose broke as Integrity transformed into a giant tiger. He snarled and roared. WWWWombat stood in shock. “What the f—”

Integrity lunged and bit off WWWWombat’s head. The body of a winged monkey fell to the floor. Integrity prowled to the exit and said, “F--- you all, I don’t need this sh--- you morans!”

WWWWombat, the Winged Monkey (Watcher/Tracker, Townie), is dead.

FlyingMonkey.jpg

Integrity28, the Hungry Tiger (Bomb, Townie), has left the castle.

HungryTiger.jpg

SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Remember, if no Night Action is desired, please PM me that.

Once I have received all night action notifications I will open Day 2.

Wombat, how in the hell did you end up dying day one again? It's your curse. And this is the most I've ever enjoyed playing a game with you. It was good to see the old Wombat back. Are you signed up for my game on DM? <blatant plug>

My guess is that it's because I28 was telling the truth and SMC has decided he's not letting us get around having someone killed, so WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWombat is going to have to pay the price. Definitely sucks, but it may just be giving some reasoning to what was ultimately going to be SMC killing off the second-to-last voter no matter what if I28 self-hammered.

I would've accepted that a lot more cheerfully than the simultaneous voter thing. Was pretty clear to me that I28 hammered himself.

MOD NOTE: Yes, it's going to count that way for every lynch.

On my screen, Wombat's vote appeared before I28's - so I would have figured that he would have been counted as the 10th vote, and I28 as the hammer. Am I missing something?

@MOD: Does "left the castle" leave the oprion for I28 to return to the game, or is he really dead?

On my screen, Wombat's vote appeared before I28's - so I would have figured that he would have been counted as the 10th vote, and I28 as the hammer. Am I missing something?

@MOD: Does "left the castle" leave the oprion for I28 to return to the game, or is he really dead?

MOD NOTE: Integrity is out of the game. Some players die, some leave the castle. But they are all gone.

Had our fiscal year kickoff meeting off site so no access to a computer all day. As I was reading I was getting ready to call b.s. on I28's reveal but it turns out he was telling the truth... Losing someone who gets people talking in I28 and an experienced player who was our Watcher in WWWWWWombat sucks... bad.

Not sure how fair it is to have taken out wombat considering the last vote on thread was cast by I28. It may have been the same time stamp but I28's was obviously a few seconds behind since his post was AFTER wombats.

FOS all the people that find nothing wrong with Lily's play thus far... I'm not saying she's definitely scum but to not see anything odd at all? bs.

I'm pretty sure it appears that way on everyone's screen. I think SMC just wanted it to kill someone.

Idk if any scum would be transparent enough to take you up on your offer ... maybe more those goading him to self vote? Yes I know that includes me too, but it makes more sense IMO

meh..last game they were pretty transpasent in taking me and smc up on our offer.... and the game before pretty transparent in lynching the jifiot when he was trying to get lynched...scum have a hard time not grabbibg the low hanging fruit more often then not

I would've accepted that a lot more cheerfully than the simultaneous voter thing. Was pretty clear to me that I28 hammered himself.

+1, however it's SMC's game. It's very upsetting that we lost a power role (especially such an entertaining one) in this fashion, but I will have to trust that SMC is not screwing us over.

meh..last game they were pretty transpasent in taking me and smc up on our offer.... and the game before pretty transparent in lynching the jifiot when he was trying to get lynched...scum have a hard time not grabbibg the low hanging fruit more often then not

That's possible. I often overestimate the scum team's power/schemes.

I think DPR is pretty scummy

QUOTE=D P R;1608560]I'm not against lynching anyone atm (and that's a nuetral thing - the same way I don't have a really strong case against anyone.), but there is something bothering me about Runin.

My original vote on him was a joke - but now I'm kind of liking it for real.

To me, he seems very chill so far. He hasn't played too much, or too little. He's posted, but not really drawn too much attention to himself. And then there is that subtle play against JiF.

Runin, you got anything to say about that?

Here is Dpr starting to push a little pressure without being too obvious. Apparantly I wasn

Interesting stuff Runnin... It didn't go unnoticed that he was an aggressive force in the I28 lynch while trying to give the impression he was an impartial observer...

also stands to reason that with his massive ego he'd think he was good enough to push the lynch along and stifle any suspicion that came his way as a result.

but for the record Lily did the exact same thing... and the timing of her vote was very important as with a deadline approaching it all but sealed the fact I28 was going to be a strong lynch candidate.

please Lily.. I implore you... don't suggest that my suspicion has anything to do with whatever personal stuff supposedly happened earlier on.. I'm oblivious to it (really). I'm on you because you and now DPR have both have done a few slight of hand tricks that are scummy in appearance.

So basically he said I am playing carefully and that makes me suspicious

Actually, I quite agree with him there. You ARE playing very differently from any other game you've played (with me anyways), and you are so not suspicious to me that in itself it makes me very suspicious.

However, I do agree with your case on DPR, and was planning to go through making my own case on him, myself.

Vote: DPR

So um... did nobody else notice there was no NK? Very interesting for sure.

I saw that... a few things could have happened but I didn't see a benefit to discussing what those might be.

I wouldn't think we're playing another game where scum have to "earn" their kill though.

Considering the events of yesterday this is HUGE for us. Perhaps our luck is turning?

Interesting case on dpr. I never like th idea of someone massaging vote or casting suspicion on multiple people. Yesterday (and today still) I thought lily was scum. I only found i28 off when he wouldn't reveal and additionally the reveal itself didn't come off well. That may be due in part to his prior refusal.

Good work runin.

A valid point, and despite all of the attention on me, an important point to the entire game.

Actually, I quite agree with him there. You ARE playing very differently from any other game you've played (with me anyways), and you are so not suspicious to me that in itself it makes me very suspicious.

However, I do agree with your case on DPR, and was planning to go through making my own case on him, myself.

Vote: DPR

Oh Barmsy, really? The impartial/partial dance? You disagree, but agree based on the fact that you disagree, but agree? Hmmm. We'll see.

And then there is Runnin.

I'll tell you what; I'm ging to go ahead and say that all of the posts I made were in earnest. I'm not trying to flair. I'm not trying to lead, and I'm not trying to do anything othe than just play.

I'll let everyone look at your post, and if people think I have somethign to explain I will. If they see it as you trying to take me out, I'll pretty much agree with them.

But just between you, me, and DM, you aren't doing it right. Don't make me pull the zipper over your face for no reason, Poncho. K?

Considering the events of yesterday this is HUGE for us. Perhaps our luck is turning?

Interesting case on dpr. I never like th idea of someone massaging vote or casting suspicion on multiple people. Yesterday (and today still) I thought lily was scum. I only found i28 off when he wouldn't reveal and additionally the reveal itself didn't come off well. That may be due in part to his prior refusal.

Good work runin.

What a scumbag post. Why is our luck turning? Because D1 was so bad, or because you needed to sound "innocent"?

All eyes are on you, so be careful...

I saw that... a few things could have happened but I didn't see a benefit to discussing what those might be.

Why mention this if you don't think we should discuss it?

What a scumbag post. Why is our luck turning? Because D1 was so bad, or because you needed to sound "innocent"?

All eyes are on you, so be careful...

Why mention this if you don't think we should discuss it?

Actually all in all, we lost two townies, but we could have expected that much with night coming we would be in D2 down another townie, so we are back on even footing.

We lost a bomb early on, as meaning as we had to lose a role we lost the best possible role. The bomb can really hurt the town later on in the games.

The only major set-back is the loss of Wombat.

Archived