WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, whatever I've done has obviously landed me with 7 votes, so I only have myself to blame for that.

I'll point out that several players have made an effort to push cases against me on D1 and D2. There really is no reason for this so early in the game. Look at them when I swing innocent.

I don't really have more to add, and I seem to be digging myself deeper with every post, so I'll leave it in your hands.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

DPR (8) -- Barm, Runin, Verbal, Slats, AVM, Dan, BG, Pac

Smash (2) -- JVOR, Vicious

Lily (3) -- Smash, Nae, Sharrow

JiF (1) -- CTM

Pac (3) -- JiF, Lily, DPR

THOSE NOT VOTING: Hess

With 18 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 10 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 26 HOURS, 15 MINUTES

Thoughts off the top of my head are DPR's an easy guy for scum to push as being scummy. Most likely there's your scum.

Welcome to the game, Hess. Hope everything in RL is working out for you okay. This is not in response to you, this is in response to getting two cups of coffee in me and re-reading recent events.

The train on DPR is suddenly moving very fast, and we've got enough time for me to bite on this:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is a true statement. And not because I am mafia, either. Or the cop. Or really much of a threat to the mafia. I am neither the cop, mafia, or much of a threat to the mafia. There's my lie detector statement, if there is one in this game.

With a deadline now in place, I will say it outright. The biggest trains at the moment are both no good. Neither of us is mafia. I will tell you what I am if I must, but I

Dan, just to be clear, I am explaining my ideas - I never tried to push the town into doing them, I just wanted to explain where my head was at.

Of course, every time i try to be really clear or explain myself, i get another vote. meh

As far as the Lie Detector thing goes, I've figured it was bound to pop up after the SW game discussion, and this is the perfect theme for it. It's a great role.

I do wish people would please try to understand what I am saying and not instantly think that I am mafia. Damn.

I think I'm just not clear on why you think it's a good idea to discuss the lack of NK on N1, when there are many reasons why it could have happened, instead of waiting one more night to see how it goes. Two nights without NKs would be much more striking to me, and even then, I'd be careful about how much information we share. I feel like we've seen several games where there was no NK the first night, for a variety of reasons, and to me it seems the safer move to keep as much information as possible hidden. I would also expect you to back down from the suggestion after seeing the resistance you're hitting from other players. If the majority of people don't want to discuss something, there's probably a good reason for it (that's in the best interest of the town)?

Thoughts off the top of my head are DPR's an easy guy for scum to push as being scummy. Most likely there's your scum.

Yay, Hess is back! This game is missing teh funnies since Crusher isn't here and we lynched I28 and the Wombat.

This point is the same thing that gives me pause about Lily. My dilemma is that I don't know where to draw the line between what's a normal amount of scumminess and what is a level that should concern us.

Who from DPR's train do you have in mind?

Welcome to the game, Hess. Hope everything in RL is working out for you okay. This is not in response to you, this is in response to getting two cups of coffee in me and re-reading recent events.

The train on DPR is suddenly moving very fast, and we've got enough time for me to bite on this:

unvote... for now.

So Lily, you're not, "the cop, mafia, or much of a threat to the mafia," and know 100% that DPR isn't down with Dorothy.

Explain.

To be honest, Slats, I had wondered if I stepped into an alternate universe when you didn't go there earlier. You, of all people, I expected to challenge that. I want to stress again, strongly, that my giving too much info WILL NOT HELP THE TOWN, ONLY THE MAFIA. At least that's my opinion. After yesterday, losing one investigative role, can we afford to lose another? Granted, I am severely limited, but still.

Okay, enough plea, on to what I can give you. I'm trying to be careful of my role PM, so here's what I'll say now:

My role is investigative, but not to find alignment, per se. It is more to find a role or roles. I

This is ironic deja vu, and I slightly hate SMC for doing this to me (just kidding, hon) but I have never heard of this role before, and no, I'm not stupid enough to fake something like this twice. *sigh*

unvote... for now.

So Lily, you're not, "the cop, mafia, or much of a threat to the mafia," and know 100% that DPR isn't down with Dorothy.

Explain.

I caught that as well, but was going to let it go by for now. I figured any info we got on DPR may help me get a better read on her.

unvote... for now.

Explain.

Hmmm ... the lie detector can supposedly pick any post and ask the mod if it's true or false (correct me if I'm wrong)? I was thinking of it like a cop role, where we verify the claim. Or maybe I'm getting it backwards now.

To be honest, Slats, I had wondered if I stepped into an alternate universe when you didn't go there earlier. You, of all people, I expected to challenge that. I want to stress again, strongly, that my giving too much info WILL NOT HELP THE TOWN, ONLY THE MAFIA. At least that's my opinion. After yesterday, losing one investigative role, can we afford to lose another? Granted, I am severely limited, but still.

Okay, enough plea, on to what I can give you. I'm trying to be careful of my role PM, so here's what I'll say now:

My role is investigative, but not to find alignment, per se. It is more to find a role or roles. I

Sitting in my bathing suit about to leave the house...

My suggestion would be to turn your focus elsewhere today, and have the cop investigate me tonight. There are a few problems with that idea, but as a group, we may be able to sort them out. Otherwise you have to either trust me, or I basically give up my usefulness, or you kill us and end up worse off then yesterday's lynch. None of those options look very good, imo. (Well I like the trust me one, but I can see where others wouldn't.)

You and DPR have been the primary focus, where do you suggest the town goes with a deadline approaching?

With that, see you later!

Hmmm ... the lie detector can supposedly pick any post and ask the mod if it's true or false (correct me if I'm wrong)? I was thinking of it like a cop role, where we verify the claim. Or maybe I'm getting it backwards now.

I'm not a lie detector, Dan. I just made a statement that if there is one (which is fairly common elsewhere - not here, I guess) they could use. I am something else.

DPR (6) -- Barm, Runin, Verbal, AVM, BG, Pac

JiF (1) -- CTM

THOSE NOT VOTING: Hess, Slats, Dan

DEADLINE IN 24 HOURS, 57 MINUTES

Sitting in my bathing suit about to leave the house...

You and DPR have been the primary focus, where do you suggest the town goes with a deadline approaching?

With that, see you later!

Have a great time, Slats! I wouldn't mind pics of you in that bathing suit......

Wait, mafia game......

Focus, Lily.

Seriously, that is the very reason I said what I said as early as I did. I don't know where to turn the focus. That's a group decision. I still have my list of those who I feel are innocent, but not a real scum list. Obviously, I'm not thrilled with Pac, but I'm not sure he's scummy. Nae's play is bothering me, but it's just a gut feeling that she's "off." I'm interested in looking at DPR's train, personally. But I haven't really done that very much yet. I'd like to see what the others who have talked about that come up with, too. There are some quiet ones there that are hard to get a read on so far. If I was forced to pick one off the train, I'd look at Verbal.

Hmm... need to think about this, but for the time being will unvote.

I know you don't want to say too much and that's fine, but are you absolutely certain you can be clear that DPR is indeed innocent based on the information? Obviously you're not getting into too much detail, but I feel as though it sounds like it's a role that will give you info about players, but not necessarily definitive info on the person's actual alignment.

Yes, I am 100% sure. The roles in question are not scum.

DPR (5) -- Barm, Runin, Verbal, AVM, Pac

JiF (1) -- CTM

Barm (1) -- Hess

THOSE NOT VOTING: Slats, Dan, BG

DEADLINE IN 24 HOURS, 29 MINUTES

NOTE: There's 10 members watching this thread besides me, but no one is posting. I may consider moving up the deadline as mentioned above

Huh? I didn't get a word of that hun.

Ha, I was starting to feel really stupid, I've read it 6-7 times now. She says that giving more information won't help us, though, so I'm not really sure what questions to ask/avoid asking. I think this is the kind of game where the town's information would be incredibly, incredibly valuable to the mafia, more so than normal games. I think I might be okay with having a cop investigation on her tonight.

I have no idea on that JVoR. We are not masons, if that's what you're thinking.

Nae, if I could quote you my role PM, I would. Think about I28. If he had told us he was the tiger, would that have helped? Not to mention that we are prohibited from doing that. I'm doing the best I can on 4 hours sleep.

SMC, my computer will stay on the page, even when I close it and put it in the closet. So, there's one of your 10.

I seriously need a nap now. I'll be back. I'll PM SMC with some specific "Can I say this?" questions once I'm coherent enough - after more sleep.

Ha, I was starting to feel really stupid, I've read it 6-7 times now. She says that giving more information won't help us, though, so I'm not really sure what questions to ask/avoid asking. I think this is the kind of game where the town's information would be incredibly, incredibly valuable to the mafia, more so than normal games. I think I might be okay with having a cop investigation on her tonight.

Dan, ask anything. I'll answer what I feel I can.

What if there isn't a cop?

What if she's claiming one of those 2 wildcard roles and has just put a huge bullseye on herself to be recruited by scum tonight?

Whether or not she's innocent now is irrelevant. She's made it impossible to know what team she's playing for after tonights night phase. and that's a fact.

That's why early reveals not close to a lynch are dumb.

Glad I'm not the only one who sat and read it over and over. All I got was she got a "yes" on DPR.. for what I have no idea. Yes he's an ozite.. yes he's a little green man? *shrugs*

You do realize that suspecting anything just because it's new to you, even though it's documented, is pretty narrow minded, right?

Can't wait to mod here! ;-)

Suspecting because it's new? Way to flat out make that up...

I said point blank, the fact that the person coming to his defense big time was yet another person I didn't feel good about was far from a shinning endorsement to me.

Dan, ask anything. I'll answer what I feel I can.

In case you're telling the truth, it's probably best to stay as vague as possible. But just to clarify, you are positive that DPR is innocent? I'm probably the only person here lame enough to watch the Bachelor, haha, but this distinction comes up whenever there's rumors about who the Bachelor chose in the end. As in, knowing he didn't choose one person doesn't mean he definitely chose the other person.

Wow- I just got through reading this entire thread. My head hurts. For now I will unvote Smash as no one seems to give a damn that he's barely playing.

Unvote.

Lily- So you say giving up the information is beneficial to scum, fine. Please explain to us how your role is beneficial to the town if all you're getting is a "yes" on role.

Archived