WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

I just don't see how I can trust her. She said she got a "yes" on DPR. So if she only gets yes/no answers, then it would be tough to vet her role without exposing the cop. That is if she isn't the "cop" herself. If she does get roles as her answer and not just yes/no, then someone could probably give themself up to vet the role. But even then if she is that role, who's to say it isn't a scum role? I mean, if she's scum and we buy it and believe her, it would be the perfect situation for scum. If one of them gets heat, she could save them. I think the only way I could trust her is if she found a scum or two. And if she can't do that, then the role isn't very useful in this game without the cop confirming her innocence.

If we knew there was a traditional "cop" role in the game, then he could investigate her tonight. If she's guilty, then I think we can assume DPR is guilty as well and it will be worth it to out himself. If he investigates her tonight and gets an innocent, and doesn't say anything tomorrow, then it might be worth it to risk believing her.

I don't know, we have a lot of time to think this through, and a lot more people yet to get into the discussion.

unvote

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Sharrow, for at least considering it.

I don't need to ask SMC. What I want to say is not quoting. I'm choosing useless over dead, strictly for the body count issue. So, if you push it, I'll give you all of it, and then we're both no use anymore. What I get isn't precisely "yes/no" but if I told you the exact wording, well ....... two consequences I can see to that. One, you'd know all, and two, I'd probably be modkilled.

so you're saying dpr has no way of knowing whether you're telling the truth or not?

He knows about himself, obviously. I don't know what is in his role PM but I'd guess he doesn't know about me.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I'd forgotten on my "big reveal" post that I had this typed out, too.

uh yeah... none of this is still making any sense.

Why so secretive? I28 came right out and said he was a bomb and wasn't mod killed. Obviously there isn't a rule in place about saying what you are.

Continue the charade though...

FYI, lynching DPR tells us NOTHING as far as your reveal is concerned.

Correct. But if Lily is lynched and isn't scum we can feel confident that neither is DPR.

good to see you buy the way ya tard.

I just don't see how I can trust her. She said she got a "yes" on DPR. So if she only gets yes/no answers, then it would be tough to vet her role without exposing the cop. That is if she isn't the "cop" herself. If she does get roles as her answer and not just yes/no, then someone could probably give themself up to vet the role. But even then if she is that role, who's to say it isn't a scum role? I mean, if she's scum and we buy it and believe her, it would be the perfect situation for scum. If one of them gets heat, she could save them. I think the only way I could trust her is if she found a scum or two. And if she can't do that, then the role isn't very useful in this game without the cop confirming her innocence.

If we knew there was a traditional "cop" role in the game, then he could investigate her tonight. If she's guilty, then I think we can assume DPR is guilty as well and it will be worth it to out himself. If he investigates her tonight and gets an innocent, and doesn't say anything tomorrow, then it might be worth it to risk believing her.

I don't know, we have a lot of time to think this through, and a lot more people yet to get into the discussion.

unvote

Wow. Sharrow longest post eeeeever. Congrats on that.

It could be worth it to keep her around. I mean, she could look at pac tomorrow for example, and if his lynch runs up, she could confirm his reveal if he's innocent and then we could move off of him. What do you guys think about what I said regarding the cop investigating her tonight?

Correct. But if Lily is lynched and isn't scum we can feel confident that neither is DPR.

good to see you buy the way ya tard.

Correct. Speaking of "tard" I didn't think I had to use the "language" for people understand what I was saying but thanks for clarifying things on my behalf.

It could be worth it to keep her around. I mean, she could look at pac tomorrow for example, and if his lynch runs up, she could confirm his reveal if he's innocent and then we could move off of him. What do you guys think about what I said regarding the cop investigating her tonight?

I think it's stupid. What do you think about it?

Not true, but you'll have to learn that one for yourselves.

LOL, we've been through this before haven't we? So lets just find out and lynch you. As I said earlier I feel pretty good DPR is innocent at this point. Doesn't mean you are. Actually you as scum or town makes me think he's innocent. So why are we suppose to lynch him to find out about you again?

Ok. Let's put it this way. Assuming you don't want to lynch DPR since you're saying he's town. You don't want to lynch yourself.

What exactly are you telling us is the best course of action 22 hours before deadline?

The reason I told you anything at all was so you would have time to discuss looking elsewhere. My vote says where I would look, but y'all have to decide that for yourselves.

LOL, we've been through this before haven't we? So lets just find out and lynch you. As I said earlier I feel pretty good DPR is innocent at this point. Doesn't mean you are. Actually you as scum or town makes me think he's innocent. So why are we suppose to lynch him to find out about you again?

Actually, if you insist on lynching one of us, better me than him. Neither would be your best choice.

Actually, if you insist on lynching one of us, better me than him. Neither would be your best choice.

Cool. I'll stick with you unless Sharrow likes my new, proactive thoughts to the game.

I also like the first 3 on DPR's train. Not sure which ones in particular though.

BTW I find it interesting that you picked up on DPR as an innocent. Funny too in case the train kept going and he flipped town it would only vindicate you. Very convenient.

You've got me confused and curious, I'll give you that much. I am looking forward to what DPR has to say, and regardless doesn't look like he's going down today.

And Hess...you do realize there are ONLY 3 of us on DPR's train, right? :P

You've got me confused and curious, I'll give you that much. I am looking forward to what DPR has to say, and regardless doesn't look like he's going down today.

I believe there were more when Lily revealed with another unheard of power role.

Women were born to do that, darlin' :love0040:

I believe there were more when Lily revealed with another unheard of power role.

You have no idea how much I'd give to have not had to reveal that. Or, at this point, to have investigated someone else - anyone else.

No worries. I won't beat a dead horse this time. I'll only change my vote if Sharrow can start a train on me and get me to L1, in which I'll hammer myself.

LOL - the horse won't defend, either. ;-) It helps not to have people trying to keep me alive to make a fool out of me, too.

Why did you have to reveal that, again?

Because there were only two viable lynch trains at the time and we had a deadline. It was my investigative role or what he is - both bad choices.

Archived