WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I know,and here's my logic for doing what I did:

SMC created a game where he told us that all of the players "disguised themselves", and I immediately thought of how useful a Lie Detector would be in a setting like that.

A Cop might only tell alignment, and how fun would it be to have a role who saw characters (which it sounds like we do...) or could tell if statements were true or not (Lie Detector), or something like that.

Rmember when I asked the mod if we would know if the Wizard or Witch would be found, and he said yes? At that point, I was pretty sure that there would be some type of information gathering role.

It also means that the mafia are packing power, btw.

So, in an effort to call a little positive attention to myself, I made a statement that any Lie Detecting role could verify.

My intention was not for that person to out themselves, but to hopefully get someone to check me out and back me up later on, if i survived the lynch.

When Lily stepped up, I was as surprised as anybody.

Now, she's a smart player, and could have set this up thinkig that I was on my way to a lynch, and knowing I would swing town, she could clear herself, and I can't tell you that she's not doing that.

But at this point, I doubt it, because she would have also known that she really made it probable that one of us would be lynched to verify the claim, and she has said that it's better to lynch her than me.

It puts a lot of pressure on me, and even more on her, and if she were mafia, all she had to do was vote for me, and I would have gone to lynch. So in the end, there is not much benefit to her for claiming this:

No one is confirming her, but she has risked herself for me. So, in my opinion, we don't lynch her.

We have time to rattle a few other cages, so if I can express another opinion, I would say to look at Pac who has caused a lot of suspicion.

Or, if people are tired of looking in that direction, Verbal, Runin, and Barm have focused their game on trying to get me lynched. There contributions outside of that have been few. That might be a good place to look as well.

I'm around for a bit for questions.

I'm back from concerts and will read up and post tonight.. Didn't have energy to post before after shows, if was 4 days of being in 95+ degree heat and consuming lots of beer and vodka and I'm wiped out... just checking to make sure I'm not dead and if so, I'll re-engauge tonight.. sorry..

I'm shocked you advocate looking at me. :rolleyes:

Considering how you have been called out for not being Pac like on D1 and taking the opportunistic route you always take....only to have done a complete 180 and jumped on both trains as momementum switched from DPR to Lily, I'd say its a good damn place to look.

You have been scumtastic this game and I think you are the person we should lynch, especially considering that our 2 points of interest feel the same way...might shed some light on the game.

I'm back from concerts and will read up and post tonight.. Didn't have energy to post before after shows, if was 4 days of being in 95+ degree heat and consuming lots of beer and vodka and I'm wiped out... just checking to make sure I'm not dead and if so, I'll re-engauge tonight.. sorry..

Stinky hippie. Have you washed of the petrulli?

Considering how you have been called out for not being Pac like on D1 and taking the opportunistic route you always take....only to have done a complete 180 and jumped on both trains as momementum switched from DPR to Lily, I'd say its a good damn place to look.

You have been scumtastic this game and I think you are the person we should lynch, especially considering that our 2 points of interest feel the same way...might shed some light on the game.

Sure... take the easy lynch. Why not right?

I can tell you now I don't have a role so if you want to fire up the train go for it.

You know what I think though... I think Lily's horrible play has just rendered DPR obsolete. It doesn't take a genius to figure out she's intimating he's one of those wild card roles and after tonight we won't know if he's been recruited by the townie witch or scum.

She should be lynched immediately and then him the next day. If you don't see that logic then go ahead and get me lynched. I've got work to do anyway.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

DPR (3) -- Runin, Verbal, AVM

Lily (7) -- Smash, Nae, Pac, JVOR, Barm, Vicious, Hess

JiF (1) -- CTM

Pac (3) -- JiF, Lily, DPR

THOSE NOT VOTING: Slats, Dan, BG, Sharrow

With 18 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 10 to lynch.

DEADLINE IN 20 HOURS, 26 MINUTES

Sure... take the easy lynch. Why not right?

I can tell you now I don't have a role so if you want to fire up the train go for it.

You know what I think though... I think Lily's horrible play has just rendered DPR obsolete. It doesn't take a genius to figure out she's intimating he's one of those wild card roles and after tonight we won't know if he's been recruited by the townie witch or scum.

She should be lynched immediately and then him the next day. If you don't see that logic then go ahead and get me lynched. I've got work to do anyway.

You are so cavalier, you are winning me over...not just in the game, but my heart as well.

If DPR is one of the wild cards, then I think Lily would be scum. Slats and I mentioned it earlier that it might be better to kill them than let Dorothy get her hands on them. And Lily saving him will only have put a bullseye on his head because even if he's not one of the 2, then he is important enough to save. From the town perspective, I would think it would be better to let him die from the lynch than be exposed to scum tonight. Would scum give one of their teammates up so they could target him tonight?

Yes, that. Maybe tree hugger flower child CTM can confirm the spelling of his favorite perfume.

FYI to all meatheads alike. There are A LOT of scummy, dirty hippie folk at Phish shows. There are also a lot of normal people who just like the music...having been to quite a few myself.

If DPR is one of the wild cards, then I think Lily would be scum. Slats and I mentioned it earlier that it might be better to kill them than let Dorothy get her hands on them. And Lily saving him will only have put a bullseye on his head because even if he's not one of the 2, then he is important enough to save. From the town perspective, I would think it would be better to let him die from the lynch than be exposed to scum tonight. Would scum give one of their teammates up so they could target him tonight?

This is a good point.. reverse the order but those 2 have to go. Makes sense Lily was willing to let herself get lynched if she's scum in order to get their hands on DPR. Him first, then her.

unvote

Vote DPR

Yes, that. Maybe tree hugger flower child CTM can confirm the spelling of his favorite perfume.

FYI again. There is no such thing as tree hugger flower child anymore, just confused filthy, white mongrel disguised as tree hugger flower child. I don't think Chan fits in this category.

FYI again. There is no such thing as tree hugger flower child anymore, just confused filthy, white mongrel disguised as tree hugger flower child. I don't think Chan fits in this category.

I think it sums him up perfectly.

Hmm this could be a very good point. In that case, it would make sense to lynch DPR first, depending how high the risk is that the scum would claim him instead of the town. My only confusion is why she would so obviously go out of her way to protect him. If she wanted herself lynched instead of DPR I feel like she could have done it in a more subtle way?? If she's scum and her teammates orchestrated this in order to get DPR off the hook, it seems like sloppiest way possible to do it. I just got home, though, so I have time to reread everything more carefully.

Pac, have you ever been compared to a bulldog before? I am not mafia, and I've suggested how that can be proven. You, however, seem almost panicked that your choice lynches might live another day. Why would that be, exactly?

This is a good point.. reverse the order but those 2 have to go. Makes sense Lily was willing to let herself get lynched if she's scum in order to get their hands on DPR. Him first, then her.

unvote

Vote DPR

Problem is she first said something like, "lynch DPR first to find out about me" (paraphrasing) and than later sorta retracted by saying "lynch me first, DPR is more important" (paraphrasing).

Hmm this could be a very good point. In that case, it would make sense to lynch DPR first, depending how high the risk is that the scum would claim him instead of the town. My only confusion is why she would so obviously go out of her way to protect him. If she wanted herself lynched instead of DPR I feel like she could have done it in a more subtle way?? If she's scum and her teammates orchestrated this in order to get DPR off the hook, it seems like sloppiest way possible to do it. I just got home, though, so I have time to reread everything more carefully.

Exactly. Even if you think I'm that dumb, and obviously some of you do, do you really think I'm on a whole team of dummies?

Pac, have you ever been compared to a bulldog before? I am not mafia, and I've suggested how that can be proven. You, however, seem almost panicked that your choice lynches might live another day. Why would that be, exactly?

Frankly I think you're the godfather.

Who else would beg for an investigation so publicly with a completely invented role? I'd rather get you tonight rather than have you get to a night phase and have someone vet you.

I'm not sure. I honestly think Sharrow has it right, one of the two of them is the way to go. If DPR is who Sharrow thinks he might be, it'd be best to see him or Lily off with this lynch.

Who else would beg for an investigation so publicly with a completely invented role? I'd rather get you tonight rather than have you get to a night phase and have someone vet you.

OFF WITH HER HEADDD. Oops wrong story.

Just got home and still have a lot of reading to do, but I think the town is ****ing up here.

vote DPR

I have about three long pages to read thru. I'll post up my reasoning after I see what everyone's saying.

That is actually a good point. She was pleading for an investigation to vet herself. I still don't think lynching dpr over lily solves as much for us as lily does. Dpr could always be a fall guy since he's not the one verifying lily. My vote stays.

Nice try darlin'.

This is how I play love it or leave it. If you are town, which is HIGHLY unlikely, you've put the town in a rather precarious position.

You've outed one of the roles that could help scum kill the WWoW thus ending the game. How you can call yourself a seasoned player and not see that simple fact boggles my mind.

I don't mind you guys lynching me as unlike you I'm a team player and will die for the greater good of the team.

Nice try darlin'.

This is how I play love it or leave it. If you are town, which is HIGHLY unlikely, you've put the town in a rather precarious position.

You've outed one of the roles that could help scum kill the WWoW thus ending the game. How you can call yourself a seasoned player and not see that simple fact boggles my mind.

I don't mind you guys lynching me as unlike you I'm a team player and will die for the greater good of the team.

Dude, just climb into laps and then say trust me. Seems to work great.

Pac think of this- what other scum would try and come out this publicly and decry INVESTIGATE ME!!! If you're a townie you mostly just say "yea, I'm town and I'm this role/roleless." And that's that. When someone is jumping up and down INVESTIGATE!!! It just screams godfather to me.

Nice try darlin'.

Can we lynch you for the lols?

Dude, just climb into laps and then say trust me. Seems to work great.

Pac think of this- what other scum would try and come out this publicly and decry INVESTIGATE ME!!! If you're a townie you mostly just say "yea, I'm town and I'm this role/roleless." And that's that. When someone is jumping up and down INVESTIGATE!!! It just screams godfather to me.

When i was doing the admiral ackbar in star wars, you and crusher acreaming investigate me and dpr resisting made me want to choose him more. Lily doesn't strike me as the bluffing type.

Archived