WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

Problem is she first said something like, "lynch DPR first to find out about me" (paraphrasing) and than later sorta retracted by saying "lynch me first, DPR is more important" (paraphrasing).

Noooooo. What I said was that if you lynch either of us to prove my claim you will screw yourselves because it will expose the other one. You're doing a really fine job of that without lynching one of us.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, just climb into laps and then say trust me. Seems to work great.

Pac think of this- what other scum would try and come out this publicly and decry INVESTIGATE ME!!! If you're a townie you mostly just say "yea, I'm town and I'm this role/roleless." And that's that. When someone is jumping up and down INVESTIGATE!!! It just screams godfather to me.

Oh I here you perfectly and agree. Just Sharrow makes a good point about not letting them get their filthy hands on DPR.

My guess is they figured who he was as a result of some investigation last night and are hell bent on keeping him alive so they can get a crack at recruting him. For all we know they have 100% guaranteed chance of doing just that.

I think we lynch DPR to take that out of the equation then set a record for fastest lynch tomorrow on Lily.

Oh I here you perfectly and agree. Just Sharrow makes a good point about not letting them get their filthy hands on DPR.

My guess is they figured who he was as a result of some investigation last night and are hell bent on keeping him alive so they can get a crack at recruting him. For all we know they have 100% guaranteed chance of doing just that.

I think we lynch DPR to take that out of the equation then set a record for fastest lynch tomorrow on Lily.

I'm fine with that as long as we don't have our cop wasting an investigation on Lily. She's going to come back innocent, she's not bold enough to do that and not be able to flip innocent. If it's 2 for 2 then honestly, this is the best case scenario for us.

I'm just fed up with her weaseling her way out of these situations with nothing but "Trust me".

If the town agrees on DPR, I'll go there as long as we are agreed upon lynching her IMMEDIATELY tomorrow.

Either way is fine with me, I guess, since you're hell bent on doing this. I'm pretty much useless at this point, anyway. I'm not roleless like the self-sacrificing Pac, but I might as well be at this point.

Glad I read thru first, these posts will save me some typing:

If DPR is one of the wild cards, then I think Lily would be scum. Slats and I mentioned it earlier that it might be better to kill them than let Dorothy get her hands on them. And Lily saving him will only have put a bullseye on his head because even if he's not one of the 2, then he is important enough to save. From the town perspective, I would think it would be better to let him die from the lynch than be exposed to scum tonight. Would scum give one of their teammates up so they could target him tonight?

This is my biggest concern. I think DPR's one of the wildcards, and it's very possible that the scum have made a tactical decision that it's better for them to lose one of their teammates than to let DPR thru their fingers.

Could also explain why DPR knew that scum knew why there was no NK last night. Recruitment could be a two-part process, and they could be halfway there already.

Or DPR could be signaling to them.

Sorry to meta-game old chap, but we know from the lost game that you were the cop hoping to be converted to win with scum. I have little doubt that if you have a powerful neutral role that you'd prefer to help them with it.

Gotta go with my scummate here.

I'm not 100% on Lily, but I'm very concerned about either of the wildcards winding up with Dorothy. Better to lynch them than allow that.

This is my biggest concern. I think DPR's one of the wildcards, and it's very possible that the scum have made a tactical decision that it's better for them to lose one of their teammates than to let DPR thru their fingers.

Could also explain why DPR knew that scum knew why there was no NK last night. Recruitment could be a two-part process, and they could be halfway there already.

Sorry to meta-game old chap, but we know from the lost game that you were the cop hoping to be converted to win with scum. I have little doubt that if you have a powerful neutral role that you'd prefer to help them with it .

I'm not 100% on Lily, but I'm very concerned about either of the wildcards winding up with Dorothy. Better to lynch them than allow that.

great point there, and definitely possible vote: DPR

At this point, I'm totally dumbfounded. *shakes head* Do what you want, guys. I'm going to help my daughter fix her computer now.

Dumbfounded by your complete inability to realize that making up another crazy role would back fire on you?

Yes, clearly, we're dumb.

You know what I think though... I think Lily's horrible play has just rendered DPR obsolete. It doesn't take a genius to figure out she's intimating he's one of those wild card roles and after tonight we won't know if he's been recruited by the townie witch or scum.

@MOD: Can you confirm that the game will be notified if the With or Wizard are found/recruited?

While we are waiting for our confirmation, I'd like to go ahead and invite everyone to lynch me.

Before you ask, It's not drama. Nor is it self sacrifice. You see, I ain't gonna die.

But it will be a good move for the town, because you won't lose another Townie. And for the record, I'm pretty sure that Lily is Town.

When I lynch, I will not die. I'll be back for the next day to scum hunt with you. I obviously can't say much more, but hell, I don't think much more needs to be said.

Doc, if you are out there, stay silent on who you cover tonight, and make the mafia sweat who to NK, should they choose to NK at all.

My FOS list, in order of most suspicious:

1. Pac - Or as I like to think of him, Flip-Flop. His cases are weak, but he's hot to see a lynch. Why?

2. Vic - He seems uncomfortable and pushy to me. He's aid before he does not have an easy time playing mafia.

3. Verbal - Just keeps coming after me and doing little else.

4. Runin - See Verbal.

5. Barm - See Runin.

6. Slats - I had cooled on you, but now that speculation has cme back around to me, and you switch your vote, I know you are on the wrong road.You are either mafia, or just bad for the town.

I'm still looking at the rest of the players.

So remember, my greatest contribution to the town today will be to get lynched, and preserve an innocent while confirming myself, and I imagine, Lily.

While we are waiting for our confirmation, I'd like to go ahead and invite everyone to lynch me.

Before you ask, It's not drama. Nor is it self sacrifice. You see, I ain't gonna die.

The town should not hesitate to test this claim, IMHO. There's nothing to lose.

Sorry to meta-game old chap, but we know from the lost game that you were the cop hoping to be converted to win with scum. I have little doubt that if you have a powerful neutral role that you'd prefer to help them with it.

No worries - I most always would rather play as scum. But, this game deosn't work like that, which should either relieve you, or put a bee in your bonnet. There's nothing I can do either way.

@MOD: Can you confirm that the game will be notified if the With or Wizard are found/recruited?

But it will be a good move for the town, because you won't lose another Townie. And for the record, I'm pretty sure that Lily is Town.

When I lynch, I will not die. I'll be back for the next day to scum hunt with you. I obviously can't say much more, but hell, I don't think much more needs to be said.

Doc, if you are out there, stay silent on who you cover tonight, and make the mafia sweat who to NK, should they choose to NK at all.

My FOS list, in order of most suspicious:

1. Pac - Or as I like to think of him, Flip-Flop. His cases are weak, but he's hot to see a lynch. Why?

2. Vic - He seems uncomfortable and pushy to me. He's aid before he does not have an easy time playing mafia.

3. Verbal - Just keeps coming after me and doing little else.

4. Runin - See Verbal.

5. Barm - See Runin.

6. Slats - I had cooled on you, but now that speculation has cme back around to me, and you switch your vote, I know you are on the wrong road.You are either mafia, or just bad for the town.

I'm still looking at the rest of the players.

So remember, my greatest contribution to the town today will be to get lynched, and preserve an innocent while confirming myself, and I imagine, Lily.

Hey look everyone- DPR trying to claim HE KNOWS OF lily's innocence. Again. Worked out great last time right?

Unvote

Vote: DPR

This might be a dumb question, but why is everyone just assuming DPR = wildcard? I'm not following the logic.

That's not what I said, is it? I do hope that I can confirm it in the future though. I also hope that I can nail your scummy behind to the wall. *wink*

Hey- Not a bad list considering you got two of the more "fun" players to lynch up there. Keep up the good work. You continue to be scums best friend. I'm "uncomfortable" and "pushy". Ok.

Right now, I'm just irritated that Lily can consistently play the same cards with the town and continually live. It's irritating that when you gotta work your ass off as town when you garner a rep to try and stay alive and she just does the same thing and everyone eats it up. It's bull****.

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to sound pissy. I'm usually a good sport. Both my special needs kids are having melt downs. I'll be back when it calms down. I expect to find myself dead and I'm okay with that. It's just a game. Have fun, okay? :love0040:

Dumbfounded by your complete inability to realize that making up another crazy role would back fire on you?

Yes, clearly, we're dumb.

Hey look everyone- DPR trying to claim HE KNOWS OF lily's innocence. Again. Worked out great last time right?

Unvote

Vote: DPR

Wow Vic this only took you 11 minutes.

Who do we vote for the girl who cried "ROLE" or the goof ball who backs her up ?

Vote stays on Lily.

This might be a dumb question, but why is everyone just assuming DPR = wildcard? I'm not following the logic.

DPR's "lie detector" statement was "I'm not mafia." Not, "I'm town." But that's just semantics.

Lily's claiming to have some sort of investigative role that can detect roles. Both are saying DPR's important, and both are being purposely vague. Which is silly at this point. If they're not scum, they have the scum's full attention. Might as well come clean.

The fact that DPR seemed to have some inside info on why there was no NK last night also plays into the idea. Maybe he knows he was detected last night. maybe they shot at him, and got some message back like, "you can't kill the this character."

In the meantime he says he's unlynchable. That should be put to the test. If that's true, I think only the primary characters in this game could potentially have such power: the WWoW, Dorothy, The Wizard, and the Good Witch. And the town knows that he's not our beloved Wicked Witch.

Wow Vic this only took you 11 minutes.

Who do we vote for the girl who cried "ROLE" or the goof ball who backs her up ?

Vote stays on Lily.

Smash- Simply, I feel that once DPR flips who I feel he is, it will HOPEFULLY be enough to convince the town to finally lynch Lily.

-Made up role

-Reacted poorly to pressure

-Begged for investigation

I sincerely believe she's the godfather. Sharrow has a great point about the game mechanics and what could happen with those roles. If DPR is giving himself up and he's one of them, what's the downside?

If anything I feel the opposite of DPR, his death and result will = lily's death tomorrow.

I'M not convinced of lily's innocence in fact I'm leaning towards her not being innocent. She put a bright red bow on dpr, who isn't innocent either from his above post and what I can preice together from lily. Dpr is most likely the wizard or the good witch. So it would be in our best I terest to get him out of the game. He is willing to be lynched and I think he should he. At this time if we let him go into night the scum may get the benefits or the town may get them but that isn't something we can leave to chance.

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to sound pissy. I'm usually a good sport. Both my special needs kids are having melt downs. I'll be back when it calms down. I expect to find myself dead and I'm okay with that. It's just a game. Have fun, okay? :love0040:

I hope all is ok Lily.

Lynch her.

We're in the heat of it and I'm letting everyone know I am out of here. Going to the gym, might be able to log on after and check in, then gotta give the kid a bath, cook dinner, and have a softball game tonight. I won't be on until late.

I'm ok with either DPR or Lily. Personally, I'd like it if we can all agree that if DPR flips what we think he is (neutral) we lynch Lily.

Lily didn't want you to lynch either of them and lynch an innocent so she could get her grubby godfathery hands on DPR during night phase. That's the way I see it. In the mean time, she begged for an investigation cause she'd flip innocent.

DPR's "lie detector" statement was "I'm not mafia." Not, "I'm town." But that's just semantics.

Lily's claiming to have some sort of investigative role that can detect roles. Both are saying DPR's important, and both are being purposely vague. Which is silly at this point. If they're not scum, they have the scum's full attention. Might as well come clean.

The fact that DPR seemed to have some inside info on why there was no NK last night also plays into the idea. Maybe he knows he was detected last night. maybe they shot at him, and got some message back like, "you can't kill the this character."

In the meantime he says he's unlynchable. That should be put to the test. If that's true, I think only the primary characters in this game could potentially have such power: the WWoW, Dorothy, The Wizard, and the Good Witch. And the town knows that he's not our beloved Wicked Witch.

A lot has happened since I've been reading back ... stupid colored fonts AGAIN.

Does anyone remember what DPR has been like as a townie when close to lynch? One thing that stood out to me reading back was his completely calm attitude at L-2. I think I would believe him that he can't be lynched.

I don't think I see any downside to testing DPR's claim. If he is one of those roles and unlynchable, that could be potentially disastrous for us, though. I just don't see any way around it, unless somebody else does. Let's hope you're wrong about the scum being half-way there on him already.

That's actually a good point about the lie detector. It's a subtle difference but a big one.

If DPR is a wild card and DPR is neutral doesn't that make him a little hard to kill? That seems like a huge power to have. Though it does fit into your "primary character" theory.

I have to think about this. My gut still thinks Lily is the right lynch but it's risky if DPR is indeed neutral. I just am worried this push on DPR is to protect Lily. I mean, she's begging for investigation, and is incredibly cryptic and vague and yet maintaining that DPR and her should not get lynched. I just don't like it.

A lot has happened since I've been reading back ... stupid colored fonts AGAIN.

Does anyone remember what DPR has been like as a townie when close to lynch? One thing that stood out to me reading back was his completely calm attitude at L-2. I think I would believe him that he can't be lynched.

I don't think I see any downside to testing DPR's claim. If he is one of those roles and unlynchable, that could be potentially disastrous for us, though. I just don't see any way around it, unless somebody else does. Let's hope you're wrong about the scum being half-way there on him already.

We would just have to hope that we win out when both sides try to convert him or whatever you want to call it. I would think we would since we have to assume it would be harder for us to find them than it would for scum. Either that or maybe both sides can "convert" him and we hope we get the better benefits.

I'M not convinced of lily's innocence in fact I'm leaning towards her not being innocent. She put a bright red bow on dpr, who isn't innocent either from his above post and what I can preice together from lily. Dpr is most likely the wizard or the good witch. So it would be in our best I terest to get him out of the game. He is willing to be lynched and I think he should he. At this time if we let him go into night the scum may get the benefits or the town may get them but that isn't something we can leave to chance.

I'm confused. Are we thinking DPR is neutral and pushing for his own lynch just because? I thought we were thinking he might actually be unlynchable and would make it until the night phase anyway.

I'm confused. Are we thinking DPR is neutral and pushing for his own lynch just because? I thought we were thinking he might actually be unlynchable and would make it until the night phase anyway.

Crazy theory time..

What if he is neutral now but will lose his magic if he's lynched? He said he'll be here scumhunting with us tomorrow.. that reads to me like a lynch will transform him into a townie.

He's already said he's one of the wildcard roles and unlynchable... what is the harm of doing just that?

We would just have to hope that we win out when both sides try to convert him or whatever you want to call it. I would think we would since we have to assume it would be harder for us to find them than it would for scum. Either that or maybe both sides can "convert" him and we hope we get the better benefits.

Okay. So we think the best option is to test his claim, then?

Archived