WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work those that spotted her early and pushed.. Can't wait to get an explanation as to why she claimed to save dpr..

If she's a symp, I'm guessing not in QT as she wasn't part of the scum team..

@mod.. can you confirm is she was a regular member of mafia or just a symp?

If she's jsut a symp, her claim makes a lot more sense

MOD NOTE: Please read her full description in lynch scene. Thank you.

MOD NOTE: Please read her full description in lynch scene. Thank you.

lol... ok, so she was a symp and revealing to signal to scum who the good witch was. Scum most likely knew of her existance, knew her role and would be the ones most anxious to lynch her for bonafides.. i reckon..

also, symps often turn up innocent hence the request to waste the cop investigation

@mod.. can you confirm is she was a regular member of mafia or just a symp?

If she's jsut a symp, her claim makes a lot more sense

and if she's just a symp people who tried to slow down the lynch might have been hollywooding trying to make themselves look good thinking she was going to flip town..

hello JiF, Dan, Sharrow, and Smash with that strange post just a couple minutes ago.

lol... ok, so she was a symp and revealing to signal to scum who the good witch was. Scum most likely knew of her existance, knew her role and would be the ones most anxious to lynch her for bonafides.. i reckon..

also, symps often turn up innocent hence the request to waste the cop investigation

I disagree.. I was a symp a few games ago and scum didn't know anything about me.

and if she's just a symp people who tried to slow down the lynch might have been hollywooding trying to make themselves look good thinking she was going to flip town..

hello JiF, Dan, Sharrow, and Smash with that strange post just a couple minutes ago.

scum usually know there's a symp and in this case I'd imagine they new she was this "magic finder"..

now it's time to look through lily's posts and see who she defended.. Unfortunately, we may not have pressured scum yet..

Nice work those that spotted her early and pushed.. Can't wait to get an explanation as to why she claimed to save dpr..

If she's a symp, I'm guessing not in QT as she wasn't part of the scum team..

I think you nailed it right there. She was a symp, and apparently found one of the unaligned roles, so the only way to tell her teammates about it was to do so in-thread.

She probably figured her best course of action was to save DPR, let her teammates do whatever they did to him and worst case scenario for her she dies as symp while helping out her team. All the more reason not to feel too good about DPR right now.

On this board? This is honestly the first game I've ever recall having a symp in so I'm not really aware of the mechanics.

I was a symp in an alt game... I think it was for your team when you were John Rooney... You guys didn't know about me but I knew who all of you were.

I disagree.. I was a symp a few games ago and scum didn't know anything about me.

You were also half a good guy on alternate days, remember?..

Norway was a symp in a game awhile back and I'm pretty sure scum new it..

wait.. actually.. you were part of that scum team and we're whining that he kept outing you guys in thread.. so nans to you, lying sack of ****

On this board? This is honestly the first game I've ever recall having a symp in so I'm not really aware of the mechanics.

I think I was the only other person to run a game with a symp on this board. It was the NY Jets mafia game I ran last year. The general idea is it's essentially another scum member who can't communicate with their teammates, and the team has no idea who that person is and most often doesn't even know if they exist. Generally the symp knows who members of the scum team are, but not always.

wait.. actually.. you were part of that scum team and we're whining that he kept outing you guys in thread.. so nans to you, lying sack of ****

Why so angry? strange reaction....

You made it sound like scum definitely knew who she was and I disagreed.

I think you nailed it right there. She was a symp, and apparently found one of the unaligned roles, so the only way to tell her teammates about it was to do so in-thread.

She probably figured her best course of action was to save DPR, let her teammates do whatever they did to him and worst case scenario for her she dies as symp while helping out her team. All the more reason not to feel too good about DPR right now.

My guess is that scum knew it and pushed her hard once she served the purpose for bonafides.. need to look at vic's voting history right now, but he's jumping off the screen at the moment to me.. I'm wondering how he voted earlier and if he avoided votes in the middle of trains..

I was a symp in an alt game... I think it was for your team when you were John Rooney... You guys didn't know about me but I knew who all of you were.

Ah right. That game ended so quickly I didn't even remember that aspect. CTM did just mention it was weird where you were only scum half the time though right?

I think I was the only other person to run a game with a symp on this board. It was the NY Jets mafia game I ran last year. The general idea is it's essentially another scum member who can't communicate with their teammates, and the team has no idea who that person is and most often doesn't even know if they exist. Generally the symp knows who members of the scum team are, but not always.

Interesting. So in this case she had investigative abilities but her team had no idea who she was? I honestly don't remember the Jets mafia game much at all, I did play it I believe.

We've had symps in a few games. The Jets/All Star Game stands out, where (I think) Norway was calling out the scum members by their character names in thread, and the mod had to give him access to their communication to shut him up.

This is the first time I've seen a symp with a role, though. With the Wizard still out there, this lynch is potentially very good news for the town.

Actually, they were completely originally unaware of Norway's existence in that game, and that's how I've understood it to typically be done. The scum was only eventually told about it because while trying to signal them, Norway outed every last one of them as the scum characters that they were and they were all about to quit because they thought there was a townie who knew all of them.

Interesting. So in this case she had investigative abilities but her team had no idea who she was? I honestly don't remember the Jets mafia game much at all, I did play it I believe.

you were the real cop that nobody believed, pac was the fake one

My guess is that scum knew it and pushed her hard once she served the purpose for bonafides.. need to look at vic's voting history right now, but he's jumping off the screen at the moment to me.. I'm wondering how he voted earlier and if he avoided votes in the middle of trains..

Of course I'm JUMPING off the page to you. I = easy. Nice move. I can give you my voting history.

LILY

LILY

DPR

LILY

That's a definite possibility. I'm searching through Lily's posts now but...it might take a while. I might have to take several breaks..lol.

Actually, they were completely originally unaware of Norway's existence in that game, and that's how I've understood it to typically be done. The scum was only eventually told about it because while trying to signal them, Norway outed every last one of them as the scum characters that they were and they were all about to quit because they thought there was a townie who knew all of them.

Voting all scum members and only scum members was one thing.

Hey JVOR...You dance like Jason Taylor!

Yeah... *smashes head on desk*

Lol. Well done JiF. Tbh I didn't really read your posts defending lilly for the last two days....they were too long. (High 5z Dead I28). Chan, I suggest you let him sink like Sharrow is doing.

Meh, how many times do we get it right that early. I just thought we were being led down a path with no alternate routes. I was gladly wrong.

And I dont really see how me suggesting looking a different direction is a bad idea and dont see how me suggesting that makes me scum.

Archived