WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

Pac's been on lily and stuck on lily for a while now. Looking back, Lily mentions Pac in like 50% of her posts but that's mostly because he had a hankering for her dead. I honestly thought CTM was scum. I was getting a case ready too based on the last day but that's useless now.

What I meant about this also is unless the symp and mafia knew each other off the bat, which I haven't seen in game before, I feel okay about Pac.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks, but it could have been much worse. Anyone have any clue what that role does, or is it just like the flying pumpkin role?

Like we needed to be told special needs were involved...

Well that sucks.

I'd like to hear what DPR says with the first of his 3 posts for the day before voting. I'm not feeling good about him at all though.

There are a couple others out there that have been acting strange as well.

The 3 posts per day thing just doesn't seem very pro-town to me, honestly. Add in needing to be freed and something stinks. vote: DPR

Sucks, but it could have been much worse. Anyone have any clue what that role does, or is it just like the flying pumpkin role?

The 3 posts per day thing just doesn't seem very pro-town to me, honestly. Add in needing to be freed and something stinks. vote: DPR

That's a good point about the 3 post rule which is why I have no problem voting there...

Hess makes a good point about Sharrow too.

Why would you say I've been quiet? My post spawned the I28 mess and I was pretty vocal during that whole process. I stuck my neck out there and was trying to get different trains going instead of DPR and Lily. And I've been scum hunting, I28 was a victim of day reactions to a post of mine (this is how I typically operate). I got into with Runin and we got our hand slapped by SMC. My votes on Pac were because of his scummy play, which he's still at the top of my list. I've given my opinions which are typically overlooked anyway, so I dont really see how I'm playing any different. This whole JiF being JiF thing was blown way out of proportion because of my Batman craze and there was reason behind it...so...idk.

And after last night, I too want to hold off on DPR.

Vote Pac

LOL. There goes crazy JiF again. "I'm NOT crazy for God's sake!!!!".

You...Me...we're like this (two peas in a pod icon). Don't fight it. Don't fight it.

Why would you say I've been quiet? My post spawned the I28 mess and I was pretty vocal during that whole process. I stuck my neck out there and was trying to get different trains going instead of DPR and Lily. And I've been scum hunting, I28 was a victim of day reactions to a post of mine (this is how I typically operate). I got into with Runin and we got our hand slapped by SMC. My votes on Pac were because of his scummy play, which he's still at the top of my list. I've given my opinions which are typically overlooked anyway, so I dont really see how I'm playing any different. This whole JiF being JiF thing was blown way out of proportion because of my Batman craze and there was reason behind it...so...idk.

Vote Pac

What points are those. So far all I see is "He's scummy."

I'm pretty sure DPR is unlynchable. This is a strong hunch but I would bet on it.

Dear Mod,

If the town can figure out who the other wildcard is before scum is there any advantage to this? Can we get him or her on our side by doing something? Or are these wildcards strictly for the whore and her narcissistic friends to find and use?

Thanks, Your Pal,

Hess

For me, i'm looking strongly at who strongly pushed DPR over Lily that day. That was a totally wasted day.

I pushed it, and definitely thought it was the right call. I didn't expect the day to end if DPR wasn't bluffing - I thought SMC might just wipe the slate clean or something. It hurts that we allowed them to get in two NK's instead of one, but being that the Wizard is still out there, it seems safe to say that they didn't learn much from yesterday's day phase, either.

I'm pretty sure DPR is unlynchable. This is a strong hunch but I would bet on it.

Still?

Dear Mod,

If the town can figure out who the other wildcard is before scum is there any advantage to this? Can we get him or her on our side by doing something? Or are these wildcards strictly for the whore and her narcissistic friends to find and use?

Thanks, Your Pal,

Hess

lol

LOL, well it was Vic and Me for sure. There was somebody else too in particular but you'd have to look that one up.

I actually switched over to DPR when he posted his whole "Lily is innocent thing." I figured he'd flip town, and we could finally go after Lily cause she gave up an innocent life. I was so fed up with Lily just doing the whole "woe is me, I'm a poor little girl" act and everyone eating it up.

I actually rode Lily pretty hard day 1 and 2. I never liked the way she handled herself this game.

Vote Pac

I don't think that's a terrible direction, but I really want to hear from DPR.

In fact, I'll vote: DPR in an effort to get him to pinch off one of his three posts sooner rather than later.

Dear Mod,

Thanks, Your Pal,

Hess

MOD NOTE: Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to answer that question at the moment.

Still?

I do. I think they could serve a different purpose in this game. Just reading through stuff that's my hunch. I think they could possibly be converted back and forth from town to scum sort of thing and maybe that's how we win in the end. As we dwindle on both sides who has who on their side...but maybe there's a second step to this too that we haven't gotten to yet. I don't know. Just thinking out loud. IMO I don't like the chance of losing another lynch on him right now.

I pushed it, and definitely thought it was the right call. I didn't expect the day to end if DPR wasn't bluffing - I thought SMC might just wipe the slate clean or something. It hurts that we allowed them to get in two NK's instead of one, but being that the Wizard is still out there, it seems safe to say that they didn't learn much from yesterday's day phase, either.

I mean, I guess thinking about it, it could be a null tell because there was townie logic there. I just felt like Lily's train died so easily and she was acting scummy that it was bothering me at the time.

Who woulda thunk it... :rolleyes:

You led a lynch an an innocent I28 around shady reasons, tried to steer everyone away from DPR and Lily yesterday, claimed you "knew DPR was one of those wildcard roles" which was bs, and slithered around the Lily lynch chastising everyone voting her. My guess is you are scum that figured she'd flip town and wanted to come out looking purdy.... oops.

The only reason I'm not voting you YET is because I'd like to hear from DPR and everyone else. Lily was an easy call but it starts to get a bit more difficult today.

I led nothing. I28 did all the work. Wont deny trying to steer the town from Lily. Just didnt see it. And I didnt chastise anyone for their vote, where do you come up with this?

I encourage you to vote for me if you feel I'm scum. Its not like DPR is going to give you anything.

LOL. There goes crazy JiF again. "I'm NOT crazy for God's sake!!!!".

You...Me...we're like this (two peas in a pod icon). Don't fight it. Don't fight it.

I like you Hess...always have always will, you crazy SOB. :thumbup:

What points are those. So far all I see is "He's scummy."

Yep. Thats my case. He's scummy.

No way in hell. The guy is definitely lynchable. My guess, it was a one time deal...maybe to help one of the 2 find him. Thats why he decided to reveal and vote himself.

I think the 3 posts thingy is b.s. though.

I actually switched over to DPR when he posted his whole "Lily is innocent thing." I figured he'd flip town, and we could finally go after Lily cause she gave up an innocent life. I was so fed up with Lily just doing the whole "woe is me, I'm a poor little girl" act and everyone eating it up.

I actually rode Lily pretty hard day 1 and 2. I never liked the way she handled herself this game.

Yeah Lily was my first choice too but I saw the tide turning to DPR and I guess I sorta convinced myself it was the right decision. BTW, maybe it was (Probably not but) I mean, do we really know what is going on with him right now? Sounds like he's trapped, with the post restrictions and all. Makes sense he said we'd have to free him by killing the one holding him. Problem is town or scum he has to be the most untrustworthy player in this game, lol. But here's the kicker, why the hell did he vote himself, as if to martyr which now seems not the case. Truth, if I sound all over the place on DPR it's bc I am I guess.

I led nothing. I28 did all the work. Wont deny trying to steer the town from Lily. Just didnt see it. And I didnt chastise anyone for their vote, where do you come up with this?

I encourage you to vote for me if you feel I'm scum. Its not like DPR is going to give you anything.

I like you Hess...always have always will, you crazy SOB. :thumbup:

Yep. Thats my case. He's scummy.

No, seriously. I'm asking you what your case is.

No way in hell. The guy is definitely lynchable. My guess, it was a one time deal...maybe to help one of the 2 find him. Thats why he decided to reveal and vote himself.

Well at least imo it's no better than a 50/50 and not worth trying as we can't afford to lose another lynch on him. Why can't it be possible to have unlynchable players with no fixed win condition in a game?

I do. I think they could serve a different purpose in this game. Just reading through stuff that's my hunch. I think they could possibly be converted back and forth from town to scum sort of thing and maybe that's how we win in the end. As we dwindle on both sides who has who on their side...but maybe there's a second step to this too that we haven't gotten to yet. I don't know. Just thinking out loud. IMO I don't like the chance of losing another lynch on him right now.

This.

I'm still limitedto three posts per game day, and the stingy mod won't give me rollover posts.

I still don't know who captured me.

I don't know if I'm unlynchable anymore or not. I asked the mod, but he wouldn't tell me.

I could not use my nightaction last night, and won't get it back until my captor dies and I am freed.

At this point, I'm guessing that Lily checked me for magic on N1, got her result, and in a very anti-town move, outed me. She probably got noticed by the mafia and recruited for it on N2.

Other than that, I only have my suspicions.

Interesting. This post throws me a bit.

Unvote

Vote DPR

I mean, I guess thinking about it, it could be a null tell because there was townie logic there. I just felt like Lily's train died so easily and she was acting scummy that it was bothering me at the time.

I hear you. Two thoughts.

One, scum may not've known that the Good Witch was lynchproof, and would've preferred to lynch Lily and keep DPR alive.

Two, scum would've preferred to keep them both alive, and only jumped on DPR once he announced that he was lynchproof. We know Lily the symp jumped on late, scum might be found in there after DPR voted himself.

OFFICIAL FINAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

DPR (10) -- Runin, Verbal, AVM, Pac, Slats, DPR, Vicious, Hess, Lily, BG

Lily (4) -- Smash, Nae, JVOR, Barm

JiF (1) -- CTM

Pac (3) -- JiF

THOSE NOT VOTING: Dan, Sharrow

What do you think?

Ok, so here's my thoughts. I'm at a point where personally I want to go a completely different direction than stuck with the same group of people that keep getting looked at. There's way too many outliers out there not even getting looked at and I'm seriously willing to bet that it's where most of our scum are hanging out.

That said, I want to go back to an earlier suspicion I voiced and have been watching since. I have to be honest, I have not liked Dan's play at all. I called her out on it earlier and pointed out the similarity to her play in the Star Wars game. She actually even conceded to it and moved on and I've noticed she's clearly made an effort to really avoid some of the things I pointed out that she was doing (e.g., way too much justification of her not being around). That said, she's one person in this game I feel like is being WAAAY too careful, which always catches my eye and is something I knew she even admitted to doing herself last time she was scum. She's playing the "unsure" card very heavily and is avoiding getting herself too entangled in any definitive position on anyone.

I feel like she's just trying to make sure not to upset anyone and it's something I recognize easily because frankly, it's a move I've certainly used myself as scum before. Perhaps I should've done the same last game so I didn't get double vig-killed. :-P But for now, I think we've got scum hiding out and need to start trying to find them, and she's my best guess.

Vote: Dan X

I hear you. Two thoughts.

One, scum may not've known that the Good Witch was lynchproof, and would've preferred to lynch Lily and keep DPR alive.

Two, scum would've preferred to keep them both alive, and only jumped on DPR once he announced that he was lynchproof. We know Lily the symp jumped on late, scum might be found in there after DPR voted himself.

What do you think?

That's actually a more refined focus of what I wanted to look at. I definitely think the momentum shift was apparent and felt like a mafia play to me.

If they knew about Lily, they probably went into full bus mode and when DPR revealed as unlynchable decided "hey, we can make ends meet"

If they didn't know about Lily, I would see them sticking with the major lynch candidate and would try to avoid the switch to an alternate player.

I think the more liklihood is that they knew about Lily that day.

That's actually a more refined focus of what I wanted to look at. I definitely think the momentum shift was apparent and felt like a mafia play to me.

If they knew about Lily, they probably went into full bus mode and when DPR revealed as unlynchable decided "hey, we can make ends meet"

The way the unvoted from Lily towards DPR is very much worth looking at, IMHO.

If they didn't know about Lily, I would see them sticking with the major lynch candidate and would try to avoid the switch to an alternate player.

I think the more liklihood is that they knew about Lily that day.

I think, given Lily's role, that they knew exactly who she was:

Lily, also known as Toto (Mafia Spy, aka Symp, Magic Finder), is dead.

That's not an ordinary symp. That's a roled symp who had to be passing info along to Dorothy. Even if she wasn't involved in their QT, they had to at least know who she was to pick up signals for them.

Archived