WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

On the opposite side of that coin..

if BG thinks scum may have figured out who he is (he mentioned it in his first post this morning) then there's a good chance he is getting NK'd. With that being the case WHY NOT give us a name before he dies?

Now scum may try and set him up by not killing him tonight but I think we lynch Dan either way tomorrow... Scum would be stupid to leave BG alive but if they kill him they serve up Dan.

Sucks to be them.

That's a judgment call for BG. There is upside and downside to releasing versus withholding.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say don't reveal a confirmed townie. It just makes them an easy target for the mafia to NK, and they don't reveal as much information with that NK as they potentially would on another townie.

On the flip side, it WOULD lend credence to whatever that townie wanted to say, which I guess is why the mafia would want to knock them out.

So....I'd say we keep quiet on confirmed townies...just my 2 cents.

JiF is scum.

I'm not sure on BG vs. Dan, but lean towards BG.

Lynch JiF first is my advice.

Interesting thoughts....where are they coming from? I don't disagree with finding JiF scummy, but what makes you think BG is lying?

Interesting thoughts....where are they coming from? I don't disagree with finding JiF scummy, but what makes you think BG is lying?

Not sure. Lean towards him, but liked Dans posts last night. No way they could've thought that DPR would save themselves by naming BG, right? Could be a scummate and they're trying some sort of double gambit.

Lynch JiF first. He's scum.

That's a judgment call for BG. There is upside and downside to releasing versus withholding.

I wasn't talking about releasing the names... just my thoughts on why he'd reveal with DPR so close to a lynch.

1) I think JiF is scum as well. His play has been bothering me the entire game, especially his first couple of days this game

2) You don't view the DPR and BG action with a little skepticism? I mean, DPR waits until he's about to hammer to come up with some bullcrap story which we know is bullcrap since he's a confirmed scum/liar.

3) Now the other issue is BG if he's legit, which is certainly possible. Outting the innocent definitely helps but it also marks them for death and or narrows down some other things for scum. We have to let BG call that one.

I got an innocent result back last night on the person I investigated. Considering I wasn't roleblocked, I'm assuming there isn't one in the game and am thinking my night 1 target was the Wizard, although I can't be sure. Would be interested to hear everyone else's thoughts on that and then we can decide if you want me to reveal who that was.

Vote: Dan X

Guys, I don't want this day to get out of hand.

I am the cop. When I saw BG post he was the cop I knew exactly what he was doing. This was a gambit. BG has attempted this manuever before with CTM and pulled it off with great success. With DPR on his team, it makes sense they would try to "win spectacular or die trying."

It's clear to me that he is bussing his teammate Dan. I investigated her last night and did get a guilty on her myself. He laid WAAAAY back on Dan yesterday. Seems to me they were trying to set this up all along yesterday. Sprinkle some suspicion on Dan, have DPR claim and bus Dan to clear BG for the rest of the game.

I'm not having it. My opinion is to lynch Dan.

I am the cop. When I saw BG post he was the cop I knew exactly what he was doing. This was a gambit. BG has attempted this manuever before with CTM and pulled it off with great success. With DPR on his team, it makes sense they would try to "win spectacular or die trying."

It's clear to me that he is bussing his teammate Dan. I investigated her last night and did get a guilty on her myself. He laid WAAAAY back on Dan yesterday. Seems to me they were trying to set this up all along yesterday. Sprinkle some suspicion on Dan, have DPR claim and bus Dan to clear BG for the rest of the game.

Cluster, meet fack.

Ok for starters, how many alive reports do you have?

1) I think JiF is scum as well. His play has been bothering me the entire game, especially his first couple of days this game

2) You don't view the DPR and BG action with a little skepticism? I mean, DPR waits until he's about to hammer to come up with some bullcrap story which we know is bullcrap since he's a confirmed scum/liar.

3) Now the other issue is BG if he's legit, which is certainly possible. Outting the innocent definitely helps but it also marks them for death and or narrows down some other things for scum. We have to let BG call that one.

Unless there's an overwhelming disagreement, I plan on keeping my night 2 and 4 investigation results (both innocent) to myself for the moment. Night 3 was Dan which I already revealed and night 1 was when I got the failed investigation, and I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on that before going ahead and revealing.

yikes that sucks...

Slats' last couple posts weren't his normal style.. looks like he knew he was dead. He was a finder so I'm thinking he was trying to help us out before the scene was put up.. since JiF has been shady all game I'll

Vote JiF

I still think we need to lynch Dan but Slats was emphatic for some reason about JiF.

****... and this is what I get for waiting. They beat me to the punch on this one, and I'm going to get a lot of **** for it and deservedly so. My night one investigation who I received a failed investigation on? Well that would of course be Vicious. I'm sure they figured that out since they know they don't have a roleblocker and obviously they found him last night as the Wizard. I shouldn't have hesitated and mentioned this earlier, sorry guys.

Here's the good news, either way we can lynch Dan first, then you can decide which of us you believe.

We've got 2 investigative rolls telling us to lynch Dan and JiF...

Since Slats was definitely rolled I'm inclined to believe him for today and lynch JiF then hyper lynch Dan tomorrow.

One of our 2 cops is lying... and both want Dan dead today for some reason.. I say we kill JiF first and Dan tomorrow.. If we have a Vig they can take a shot at either Vic or BG (whoever they believe less)... we'll then know if the other one is lying and can lynch accordingly.

****... and this is what I get for waiting. They beat me to the punch on this one, and I'm going to get a lot of **** for it and deservedly so. My night one investigation who I received a failed investigation on? Well that would of course be Vicious. I'm sure they figured that out since they know they don't have a roleblocker and obviously they found him last night as the Wizard. I shouldn't have hesitated and mentioned this earlier, sorry guys.

Here's the good news, either way we can lynch Dan first, then you can decide which of us you believe.

Of course I was your result. How else are you going to defend yourself. If there's a roleblocker why wouldn't they keep blocking you? They certainly would've gotten a positive result night 1 from you.

yikes that sucks...

Slats' last couple posts weren't his normal style.. looks like he knew he was dead. He was a finder so I'm thinking he was trying to help us out before the scene was put up.. since JiF has been shady all game I'll

Vote JiF

I still think we need to lynch Dan but Slats was emphatic for some reason about JiF.

ok. I'm down with that too. Dan or JiF is my lynch today. No one else. Lynching between cops is patently DUMB unless we need a crucial decision to make. Mafia are hot under the collar trying to kill them too and we've had about 50 games where town lynch their own finder when they don't have to.

Especially with how the claims are made. Slats is confirmed townie and was adamant on JiF. Dan is BOTH cop's guilty. She's as sure of a pick.

ok. I'm down with that too. Dan or JiF is my lynch today. No one else. Lynching between cops is patently DUMB unless we need a crucial decision to make. Mafia are hot under the collar trying to kill them too and we've had about 50 games where town lynch their own finder when they don't have to.

Especially with how the claims are made. Slats is confirmed townie and was adamant on JiF. Dan is BOTH cop's guilty. She's as sure of a pick.

lynching JiF today also gives us more time to question BG and Vic... Dan is guaranteed scum but Slats dying wish was that we kill JiF... maybe JiF has an important scum role?

I know slats was pushing for JiF, but consider he was a magic finder and just because JiF is magical doesn't necessarily make him scum does it? I have a definitive answer of Dan absolutely being scum, and I think we have to go this way.

Oh, and another thought, if I'm the liar here, then why would Vicious not say so sooner and instead investigate Dan and push for us to go that way today? There's only one reason, and that's because he knows if I get lynched I'll flip cop and him and Dan will get speed lynched back to back. The longer he keeps me alive, the longer he stays alive. We can deal with JiF another day, for the time being you know at least 2 out of the 3 of me, Dan and Vicious are scum, right? So why not start there?

Oh and keep in mind, while it may seem convenient giving the investigation results on Vic right after his bull**** reveal, I've mentioned the non-result on night 1 from the very beginning and if you look back at my earlier posts, Dan and Vicious were two people who I both mentioned having questions about earlier in the game, so is it really that crazy to think they were two of my first three investigation targets? Just reminding you all of that. Plus, if the scum team didn't roleblock me night one they knew it and so would've known Vic was the guy I targeted night one, so it's not like this garbage reveal of his wouldn't be a perfect play if he was the Wizard. Especially considering this reveal of his only came after the Wizard was found.

I believe slats over twiddle dee and oh wait wrong film again. I was hoping if we had a vig he would have shot Dan last night. Actually I was hoping scum would think I was the vig, lol. Funny JiF bit on that post btw. I say we lynch Jif, Dan and Vic in that order. And than of course BG if nessesary.

Of course I was your result. How else are you going to defend yourself. If there's a roleblocker why wouldn't they keep blocking you? They certainly would've gotten a positive result night 1 from you.

There is no roleblocker, it's just that you're the Wizard. Just as I speculated from since yesterday's day phase. You know, back when you said nothing about my reveal and only revealed as cop after the Wizard was found (aka, you became scum). How convenient for you, right?

I know slats was pushing for JiF, but consider he was a magic finder and just because JiF is magical doesn't necessarily make him scum does it? I have a definitive answer of Dan absolutely being scum, and I think we have to go this way.

Oh, and another thought, if I'm the liar here, then why would Vicious not say so sooner and instead investigate Dan and push for us to go that way today? There's only one reason, and that's because he knows if I get lynched I'll flip cop and him and Dan will get speed lynched back to back. The longer he keeps me alive, the longer he stays alive. We can deal with JiF another day, for the time being you know at least 2 out of the 3 of me, Dan and Vicious are scum, right? So why not start there?

Oh and keep in mind, while it may seem convenient giving the investigation results on Vic right after his bull**** reveal, I've mentioned the non-result on night 1 from the very beginning and if you look back at my earlier posts, Dan and Vicious were two people who I both mentioned having questions about earlier in the game, so is it really that crazy to think they were two of my first three investigation targets? Just reminding you all of that. Plus, if the scum team didn't roleblock me night one they knew it and so would've known Vic was the guy I targeted night one, so it's not like this garbage reveal of his wouldn't be a perfect play if he was the Wizard. Especially considering this reveal of his only came after the Wizard was found.

Maybe we should kill you before Vic. I'm not sure yet. But I suggest you vote JiF instead of all this long windedness.

Remember when I was talking about YOUR Jets game BG? It made me remember how terribly I played my hand with Pac as a cop. I went on a RAMPAGE against him and the town believed him over me. This time, I knew I needed to play it this way. I made the mistake once of calling bull**** too fast. Investigating Dan proves to me that you knew in giving up one of your teammates it would vet you. If I investigated her I knew me confirming it would nullify that effect.

Something else I just realized, as I have more fun tearing apart Vic's bull**** reveal. If Vic really was the cop, he would know I was scum. If was scum, he would know Dan was scum too. You know why? Because if Dan was innocent, after I got her lynched (which I tried to do yesterday), I would've been killed immediately after her. In what world does a scum player trade themselves one for one with a townie? Never! So with two confirmed scum in his pocket yesterday he says nothing? And then he wastes an investigation on one of them, instead of trying to find more scum? Come on, you guys can't possibly believe that makes ANY sense whatsoever.

On the opposite side of that coin..

if BG thinks scum may have figured out who he is (he mentioned it in his first post this morning) then there's a good chance he is getting NK'd. With that being the case WHY NOT give us a name before he dies?

Now scum may try and set him up by not killing him tonight but I think we lynch Dan either way tomorrow... Scum would be stupid to leave BG alive but if they kill him they serve up Dan.

Sucks to be them.

Lol, poor Dan. Sold out by everyone possible :P

I say don't reveal a confirmed townie. It just makes them an easy target for the mafia to NK, and they don't reveal as much information with that NK as they potentially would on another townie.

On the flip side, it WOULD lend credence to whatever that townie wanted to say, which I guess is why the mafia would want to knock them out.

So....I'd say we keep quiet on confirmed townies...just my 2 cents.

Don't forget, it also narrows down scums hunt for the WWoW

Dunno if anyone is interested... but DPR is about to start up his 4th(I think) Suras game on Dragonmount. They are epic and lots of twists and suprises. He said he'd take as many as wanted to sign up so ya'll should come play.. especially those of us who already died. >.<

It will start on 4th of July.

There is no roleblocker, it's just that you're the Wizard. Just as I speculated from since yesterday's day phase. You know, back when you said nothing about my reveal and only revealed as cop after the Wizard was found (aka, you became scum). How convenient for you, right?

Horrible post imo. I don't see why Mod wouldnt show you who the Wizard, Good Witch are as the cop. Especially since Lilly got it as Scum tracker. Your retardation knows no bounds. You can keep digging a hole for yourself or respect a dying old mans wishes and vote JiF like a good boy.

O RLY? That's bull****. ZOMG YER TEH WIZERD. So let me ask you this. When did you "figure out" I was the Wizard?

Archived