WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they still would have won there. At that point, Vic hadn't counter-revealed BG, and he was pretty clean at that point, imo just like AVM and JVOR. It would have been really tough to put those 3 together on the team.

The thing is, if they lynched Dan there instead of Jif and found her scum, the investigations may have gone differently (both Bleedin as cop and Runin as magic finder).

That changes things alot.

Only the WWoW had to do is survive 2 night phases and Pac had a 1 time mirror. Pac survived the 1st night and may have survived the 2nd if he didn't have to go out there in the end.

@ Slats

I'm so confused, the night you died, you didnt even try to find Magic on me but told everyone to that I was scum? Why? Or did SMC screw up the Night Action recaps?

@JiF

No, Slats never Magic find investigated you.

Honestly, I have no idea why he told everyone he thought you were scum besides tunnel vision.

@JiF

Honestly, I have no idea why he told everyone he thought you were scum besides tunnel vision.

Slats is obsessed with teh JiF. This game is living proof...lol...what a dickhead.

Thanks.. you played great as well.

I'm sure I'll get a laugh out of it all tomorrow....

Haha not great by any means. The only thing I did ok was act suuuper scummy at the end to make you think I wanted to be lynched. I must have used every cliche in the book. "I'm an asset to the town," "you all think you're so smart," "you seem very scummy to me," hehehe.

I hate being scum; I'm just incredibly lucky to have had such amazing teammates who made our QT very fun. :P

Interesting numbers on post count:

Pac2566 -- 203

Vicious89x -- 196

Lily -- 159

HessStation -- 148

Jets Voice of Reason -- 145

Bleedin' Green -- 138

Integrity28 -- 133

CTM -- 133

Sharrow -- 132

Dan X -- 126

SMC -- 126

D P R -- 113

JiF -- 103

slats -- 96

Smashmouth -- 77

AVM -- 72

Naeann -- 67

RuninOut -- 55

WWWWombat -- 48

Barmacral -- 36

Verbal -- 25

The 2 team leaders, Pac & Vicious are 1 & 2. I've never seen Pac that high before.

LOL, Integrity last 1 game day and he's 7th out of 21. He really is a high volumn poster. Same with Lily.

Nae & Barm were perfect sibling team with their numbers.

Interesting numbers on post count:

Pac2566 -- 203

Vicious89x -- 196

Lily -- 159

HessStation -- 148

Jets Voice of Reason -- 145

Bleedin' Green -- 138

Integrity28 -- 133

CTM -- 133

Sharrow -- 132

Dan X -- 126

SMC -- 126

D P R -- 113

JiF -- 103

slats -- 96

Smashmouth -- 77

AVM -- 72

Naeann -- 67

RuninOut -- 55

WWWWombat -- 48

Barmacral -- 36

Verbal -- 25

The 2 team leaders, Pac & Vicious are 1 & 2. I've never seen Pac that high before.

LOL, Integrity last 1 game day and he's 7th out of 21. He really is a high volumn poster. Same with Lily.

Nae & Barm were perfect sibling team with their numbers.

That's also got to be a new record for me. Just goes to show you how adamant I became in the end there. :P

That's also got to be a new record for me. Just goes to show you how adamant I became in the end there. :P

Very true.

Between you, Slats & Pac I thought the town was going to be the ones winning going away ESPECIALLY after you investigated Vicious N1.

I still can't understand why you guys didn't lynch DanX the first time.

2 counterclaiming cops claim the same person is scum. Lynch that person.

Pac/Runin investigates either one of you and you re-investigate Vicious.

The only thing you should have done different was reveal early. Also, Verbal as governor should have prevented the JiF lynch there.

BTW, reading through the QTs, it made me feel good to see all my dead homies were cheering me on. :-D

Not quite sure I have the time or energy to read the scum QT just yet, but I'll get there eventually.

The scum QT was a fun place. :) You may want to skip all the pseudo-cybersex, though, it got slightly out of hand.

Also if it makes anyone feel better, JVoR was our official Magic Finder, and he was the one who got the actions submitted both times. So even if he was the only person on our team who was allowed do it, he would have won both DPR and JiF for us in the showdowns. Nobody beats Mr. Ninja Fingers.

Very true.

Between you, Slats & Pac I thought the town was going to be the ones winning going away ESPECIALLY after you investigated Vicious N1.

The only thing you should have done different was reveal early. Also, Verbal as governor should have prevented the JiF lynch there.

Agreed, I was hesitant simply because I knew with that many scum left, I was hoping to push a Dan lynch without having to reveal. I figured since I already FOSed her earlier, I might be able to put together a case. Definitely a mistake.

I am OUT!

I was unhappy with all the RL you brought as a symp, too. Last year I was scum in one of these games when my mother died. I wanted to share that with my interwebz friends, but I absolutely couldn't do that with the game going on. It would've just been unfair to people who would've then been reluctant to vote me for that reason.

I'm not gonna have much tolerance for RL BS in these games in the future.

Agreed with this guy.

The scum QT was a fun place. :) You may want to skip all the pseudo-cybersex, though, it got slightly out of hand.

Also if it makes anyone feel better, JVoR was our official Magic Finder, and he was the one who got the actions submitted both times. So even if he was the only person on our team who was allowed do it, he would have won both DPR and JiF for us in the showdowns. Nobody beats Mr. Ninja Fingers.

Funny thing is I did start glancing at it, and just for ****s and giggles was just searching the thread continually for "BG" or "Bleedin" just to see what you guys thoughts of me. Definitely funny how much your thoughts changed on me over the course of a few days. It went from me being Toto (although me making fun of Vic for his feminine side was a good catch and kind of hilarious in hindsight), then possibly the Witch and then nearly getting NKed before a last second change of mind. Still more to read, but fun times so far. :P

CONGRATULATIONS TO

D P R FOR WINNING HIS

FIRST GAME OF JN MAFIA!!!!!!!

:cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

Yeah, I wasn't really any help after I got recruited...

Well done to SMC - great setup!

A lot of people really played well: hats off to Pac, Vic & JVoR, and Lily who played symp just right.

Great Game to everyone!

Funny thing is I did start glancing at it, and just for ****s and giggles was just searching the thread continually for "BG" or "Bleedin" just to see what you guys thoughts of me. Definitely funny how much your thoughts changed on me over the course of a few days. It went from me being Toto (although me making fun of Vic for his feminine side was a good catch and kind of hilarious in hindsight), then possibly the Witch and then nearly getting NKed before a last second change of mind. Still more to read, but fun times so far. :P

you insecure little bitch

A lot of people really played well: hats off to Pac, Vic & JVoR, and Lily who played symp just right.

Great Game to everyone!

I agree. Perfect play there.

im surprised you guys didnt see that, btw. I mean there were 3 players going after you more than anyone else, Lily, DPR and JiF. Like I said, I don't think scum would go hard after anyone in case they were going after the wwow.

Exactly... told ya'll Sharrow knows his ****.;)

A COUPLE OF POINTS...

The Race to the Neutrals

As Slats mentioned, he thought that if both the WWoW and Dorothy found the same Neutral at night then that Neutral should die, but I strongly disagreed.

1. This game was part Treasure Hunt. Both sides' chances at victory improve if they got the Neutrals.

WWoW becomes a 1-time Vigilante by finding the Wizard & can Cancel 1 Nightphase by finding the Good Witch.

Dorothy can kill the WWoW (who is bulletproof) if she finds the Wizard & becomes unlynchable by finding the Good Witch.

2. As a Treasure Hunt, it completely undermines the spirit of the game to be able to destroy the treasure so that someon else can't get it.

3. The Neutrals were 1-time bulletproof & 1-time lynchproof to prevent the town from killing them so that Team Dorothy couldn't get them. That power is lost once found by either side.

4. It would have been unfair to DPR and JiF if they could die if both sides had found them the same day. I didn't want to do that to them after giving them such good roles.

5. The Neutrals came up Ozite on investigation before found because only a Magic Finder could be able to find out their true nature.

6. The Neutrals were true wildcards. They didn't have a separate win condition. They win with whatever side found them.

7. Both Team Dorothy and WWoW had QT threads, so I was able to use the official time stamp to decide who submitted a Magic Find request first. The earliest one to do so after the lynch scene gets priority.

Balance

The Town was uber stacked. Seriously. This rivaled JVOR's Superhero game.

1. Every single townie had a special ability or role.

2. The WWoW had his own Mason Team which made things easier and gave the town the benefit of having its most important player coordinate with someone else.

3. In a standard 20 person game, 5 are scum and 15 are towns. Here, while there were 5 scum, they were split up 4 and 1.

4. There was a Backup Finder (Runin) and Backup Magic Finder (CTM the Munchkin was the designee but died).

5. Pac & Slats had more information that townies would normally get so they were able to maneuver in ways townies normally can't.

WWWWombat

1. It is unfortunate what happened, but I wanted to keep the spirit of a bomb in tack. As I know it, if the bomb self votes then he kills the second to last vote. I couldn't explain that at the time because of the exceptions.

Pac, Vicious, DPR and JiF couldn't die from the bomb if they had hammered. The next person on the list would. That nature had to be hidden.

The timing was fortuitous in both voting at the same time. I apologize for the confusion.

Unlynchables

Bleedin asked how many people were unlynchable.

Only 1 was unlynchable: Pac. Later it was Vicious once he found DPR. DPR & JiF had 1-time lynchproof ability.

Wish we had known Pac was unlynchable. :P

Well done Vic and the scum team. I was suspicious of Dan but not at all of AVM or Vic.

As strongly as Jif kept going after Pac I wondered if he was the other neutral but didn't think much on it before I was killed.

Awesome job with setup and game SMC!! Thanks.

Now.. why for did you pick me to kill? Lol!! (SMC told us it was down to me or BG..:P)

Very true.

You know we had a plan to go that way but needed our new recruit Runnin's help... you PM'd him twice and went on thread to tell everyone to check their PM's but by the time he realized he was recruited it was too late... he voted JiF which made me have to go on thread and unvote him... I tried to tell townies to unvote JiF but minutes later Dan swooped in and hammered...

I'm not saying it's his fault but if Runnin was around last evening we might have had it. His computer was screwed though and playing on a phone must suck so definitely not his fault.

Great Game to everyone!

"arguing" with you was the most fun I had all game. ;)

I figured you were ready to snap lol.

It wouldnt have been if you didnt ALWAYS assume I was scum. If you recruited me, it would have been a totally different ball game. Especially considering you were 1 of the 3 on my list. With your name cleared, we could have had gone hard after Vic and JVOR and with BG having a confirmed on Dan...it would have changed the whoole game.

That said, I feel your pain. When I was Cult Leader in the JI/JN game and Doggin put all those percentage restraints on me...I thought he was literally setting up the game just to piss me off. I found my love on N1, homoctmfag on N2 and that was it...I had to play duck and run for the entire game.

yeah man I slipped up there... slats was pretty ticked he talked himself out of investigating you.

I figured scum probably decided to send 1 player after me and see if they could get me lynched. When you wouldn't let go I just assumed everyone knew you were scum and we were leaving you alive for an easy lynch later.

I wish you would have gone after someone else! I stopped looking for clues from you after the 15th post where you named me as scum.

Pretty pissed about how poorly I read that.

yeah man I slipped up there... slats was pretty ticked he talked himself out of investigating you.

I figured scum probably decided to send 1 player after me and see if they could get me lynched. When you wouldn't let go I just assumed everyone knew you were scum and we were leaving you alive for an easy lynch later.

I wish you would have gone after someone else! I stopped looking for clues from you after the 15th post where you named me as scum.

Pretty pissed about how poorly I read that.

It happens :confused0082:

I had AVM as 100% innocent and was pretty shocked when smc finally told me he was scum, once you make up your mind like that it's easy to get tunnel vision.. lesson learned..

Very true.

As we were subscribing to the "dead is better than in Dorothy's hands", I figured lynching JiF would remove whatever power he gave Dorothy. It was a game mechanics mistake that I made, thinking that by killing the neutrals, we could remove their influence from Dorothy. I don't know if anybody else thought that, but I did.

Had I known it was permanent, I certainly would have pardoned JiF for a scum lynch on Dan. And my damn internet issues made me get off to a slower-than-usual start. I should have been in the middle/bottom section of post count, not last.

I will definitely remedy that in the next game. Btw, great game scum team! Some random thoughts:

Lily - played symp very well

Pac - stayed under the radar for a damn long time

Vic - ditto, until it was too late

AVM - Jesus Christ, I had no idea you were scum

DPR - I frikkin' KNEW you were a neutral - I even PMed SMC to vent about it. I just couldn't say something on thread to Pac, as I was afraid Dorothy would snatch him....eh. You just played like you were looking to be checked out. Metagaming worked for me, there. Heh. ;)

Everybody else - good game all around!

@ Slats

I'm so confused, the night you died, you didnt even try to find Magic on me but told everyone to that I was scum? Why? Or did SMC screw up the Night Action recaps?

@JiF

Slats is obsessed with teh JiF. This game is living proof...lol...what a dickhead.

From an outsiders POV I think you and him were talking during the night phase about how you hadn't voted each other for a change, and I read it as Slats just ****ing around about that....then he ended up dead and everyone took him serious

SMC, great setup, and great game all!

THANKS TO ...

DPR, Vicious, JiF, Slats, DanX, JVOR, Bleedin' Green, Lily, Pac2566, Runin, Smashmouth, CTM, Integrity28, Verbal, WWWWombat, AVM, Barmacral, HessStation, Naeann, and Sharrow

FOR PLAYING!!!

Thanks Hess for a fantastic game idea.

I had great time creating this, modding it, and watching you guys play it out. I'm saddened that it didn't last longer, but you can't control how things work out. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

Archived