WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been awhile since I modded one.. but it seems like a break is needed and others are ahead of me... i had an idea for smaller game that was a bit different if there's interest..

I vote Slats, I28, Sharrow, or Hess. :P

I have a setup for a Goonies themed game almost done. If someone like Doggin (who said he isn't playing for a while) could give it a peak to make sure its balanced, then I would be happy to MOD the next game... if I made it a 12 player game, then I could jump into it now. It really depends on how many sign up.

I'm probably sitting the next one out if you're going next for sure. I'd be happy to give any advice.

Yeah? It sounds like a lot of people need a break... maybe I'll post a sign-up thread and hope to get a 12-15 person game. It would be great if you could help me out, just so I don't make a rookie mod mistake and waste everyone's time.

I'll run some quicker, smaller games concurrently that are less crazy than the massive setups as well. That is if people are interested in that.

Oh, I am not planning on running a big game... I want something manageable so that I can deliver a fun experience without getting overwhelmed.

It happens :confused0082:

I had AVM as 100% innocent and was pretty shocked when smc finally told me he was scum, once you make up your mind like that it's easy to get tunnel vision.. lesson learned..

As we were subscribing to the "dead is better than in Dorothy's hands", I figured lynching JiF would remove whatever power he gave Dorothy. It was a game mechanics mistake that I made, thinking that by killing the neutrals, we could remove their influence from Dorothy. I don't know if anybody else thought that, but I did.

Had I known it was permanent, I certainly would have pardoned JiF for a scum lynch on Dan. And my damn internet issues made me get off to a slower-than-usual start. I should have been in the middle/bottom section of post count, not last.

I will definitely remedy that in the next game. Btw, great game scum team! Some random thoughts:

Lily - played symp very well

Pac - stayed under the radar for a damn long time

Vic - ditto, until it was too late

AVM - Jesus Christ, I had no idea you were scum

DPR - I frikkin' KNEW you were a neutral - I even PMed SMC to vent about it. I just couldn't say something on thread to Pac, as I was afraid Dorothy would snatch him....eh. You just played like you were looking to be checked out. Metagaming worked for me, there. Heh. ;)

Everybody else - good game all around!

Ha, you guys have no clue how bad I wanted to jump in and post something a few times, but we kept talking about what would I USUALLY do, especially recently. If this was 3 or 4 games ago, low post totals would have stuck out...but the past couple games have made getting lost in the madness much, much easier.

I have a setup for a Goonies themed game almost done. If someone like Doggin (who said he isn't playing for a while) could give it a peak to make sure its balanced, then I would be happy to MOD the next game... if I made it a 12 player game, then I could jump into it now. It really depends on how many sign up.

Finger of Suspicions mafia? Count me in.

Reading through the Wicked QT, one thing I wanted to comment on:

Johnny Slats 414 pixel.gif 06-30-2010 03:09 PM ET (US) And BG and Vic, when you read this later, I don't think either of you are *******s. I'm just frustrated. Lol!

Johnny Slats 413 pixel.gif 06-30-2010 03:08 PM ET (US) If one of these *******s is really the cop, it would be a solid townie play to list you as one of his innocents.

1. Words hurt slats, words hurt.

2. I had actually thought of exactly that, and on more than one occasions had considered revealing my results with having my Night 4 investigation as Pac instead of Sharrow. However, my concern there was some people wouldn't pick up on what I was doing, and it would push them into believing my claim was BS and Vic's claim was legit. Didn't seem worth the risk under the circumstances. In hindsight, maybe it would've kept them from pinpointing Pac that last night... oh well.

Reading through the Wicked QT, one thing I wanted to comment on:

Johnny Slats 414 pixel.gif 06-30-2010 03:09 PM ET (US) And BG and Vic, when you read this later, I don't think either of you are *******s. I'm just frustrated. Lol!

Johnny Slats 413 pixel.gif 06-30-2010 03:08 PM ET (US) If one of these *******s is really the cop, it would be a solid townie play to list you as one of his innocents.

1. Words hurt slats, words hurt.

2. I had actually thought of exactly that, and on more than one occasions had considered revealing my results with having my Night 4 investigation as Pac instead of Sharrow. However, my concern there was some people wouldn't pick up on what I was doing, and it would push them into believing my claim was BS and Vic's claim was legit. Didn't seem worth the risk under the circumstances. In hindsight, maybe it would've kept them from pinpointing Pac that last night... oh well.

Next time I'm scum and you aren't i'm going to mention bleedin or bg randomly in ever single QT post i make..

Next time I'm scum and you aren't i'm going to mention bleedin or bg randomly in ever single QT post i make..

Oh pull the tampon out of your ass.

I did that on the one thread earlier while at work without much time. At this point I was actually reading through the threads.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I don't feel I did terribly well, but I appreciate the thoughts.

SMC, the setup rocked. Well done modding it, too. I'll see you guys next year, unless you decide to have Runin mod, in which case I'll give him a hand, since he's not around during the day much.

yeah man I slipped up there... slats was pretty ticked he talked himself out of investigating you.

I figured scum probably decided to send 1 player after me and see if they could get me lynched. When you wouldn't let go I just assumed everyone knew you were scum and we were leaving you alive for an easy lynch later.

I wish you would have gone after someone else! I stopped looking for clues from you after the 15th post where you named me as scum.

Pretty pissed about how poorly I read that.

LOL...thats the only reason (as CTM said in the Dead Thread) that I havent torn you a new one. I had you pegged as scum, now it makes sense the way you were playing but not knowing that you were wwow didnt make sense how different you were playing. That was really the only reason why I felt you were scum, just playing at a different pace.

I recon if I stepped back and thought about it, I could have put that together. We were both guilty of the same thing. Still dropped enough hints for you to pick up on, but it happens.

Hell the EY game we played where I went at you for days, almost cost me the game cuz JVOR and BG were using it to set me up. Good thing I came to my sorts and got us the win...but similar in a sense.

From an outsiders POV I think you and him were talking during the night phase about how you hadn't voted each other for a change, and I read it as Slats just ****ing around about that....then he ended up dead and everyone took him serious

SMC, great setup, and great game all!

True, still dont get why he would come out and proclaim me scum with no hard evidence...that is a risky move on a gut feeling.

At least you guys didn't have a lot of powers and stuff. Jaysus.

Actually, the town had all the power roles. The scum had a NK & roleblocker. The other 2 roles were trying to find magic and Toto, while Toto could find magic but was blind undercover with only knowing that Vic was Dorothy. THE TOWN WAS ABSOLUTELY STACKED!!!

TOWN POWER ROLES:

--Wicked Witch Ozite Mason Team--

Pac2566 is the Wicked Witch of the West (Townie King), ruler of the Ozites (Town). You are universally bulletproof, unless Dorothy

Vic has a scumtell (haven't read all this thread since my trial starts tomorrow, but I saw he was on the scum team). I sent SMC a PM day 1 going "OK, Lily and Vic are scum, who else"

No, I won't say what it is until next game we're both in :biggrin:

Wish I could but my trial starts tomorrow.

Vic has a scumtell (haven't read all this thread since my trial starts tomorrow, but I saw he was on the scum team). I sent SMC a PM day 1 going "OK, Lily and Vic are scum, who else"

A scum tell? He's got like 4.

Good luck on the trial.

And, yeah, Doggin pegged them. I purposely ignored the PM. :D

Archived