5 best starting pitchers?

SenorGato

Carlos Silva probably blows 'em out during games. Other heavy farters might be John Lackey, Jamie Moyer (his farts have that aged smell to 'em), Jon Rauch, Rodrigo Lopez (big fan of beans), and Zach Duke (pitching for Pittsburgh and sucking = probably lets out a lot of nervous gas during games).

Carlos Silva probably blows 'em out during games. Other heavy farters might be John Lackey, Jamie Moyer (his farts have that aged smell to 'em), Jon Rauch, Rodrigo Lopez (big fan of beans), and Zach Duke (pitching for Pittsburgh and sucking = probably lets out a lot of nervous gas during games).

Of all time?

1. Rich Garces

2. David Wells

3. Fernando Valenzuela

4. Goose Gossage

5. Anel Hershiser

Of all time?

1. Rich Garces

2. David Wells

3. Fernando Valenzuela

4. Goose Gossage

5. Anel Hershiser

You forgot a few:

Jumbo Brown (had his best year weighing in at 295 pounds)

59521.jpg

Luis Tiant (fat AND hispanic)

aaey024~Luis-Tiant-Pitching-Posters.jpg

C.C. Sabathia (come on now, just look at the fatness)

sb-sabathia-r.jpg

And of course, the guy in my signature.....

Rex Ryan

Are we talking just this season? Are we talking 5 best pitchers in baseball? I'm curious to see how Ubaldo will do against the best offense in baseball tonight.

You can't be f-ing serious

Besides Youk, there is not 1 person in that lineup that scares anyone

You can't be f-ing serious

Besides Youk, there is not 1 person in that lineup that scares anyone

The Red Sox lead the majors in runs scored. They are 2nd in homeruns. They are first in OPS. That pretty much sums it up right there.

No one else scares you? Adrian Beltre is having an All-Star season. Victor Martinez is reverting to his hitting form. Pedroia says his knee is bothering him less and he's starting to hit a lot more. Papi is hitting very well since a sluggish start. And they haven't even had their leadoff guy for the majority of the season.

Does it hurt to be wrong all the time?

The Red Sox lead the majors in runs scored. They are 2nd in homeruns. They are first in OPS. That pretty much sums it up right there.

No one else scares you? Adrian Beltre is having an All-Star season. Victor Martinez is reverting to his hitting form. Pedroia says his knee is bothering him less and he's starting to hit a lot more. Papi is hitting very well since a sluggish start. And they haven't even had their leadoff guy for the majority of the season.

Does it hurt to be wrong all the time?

The reason why the Sawx score runs is because

ca005-cartoon-shoebox.jpg

They play in a Shoebox

Lincecum

King Felix

Halladay

Johan

Lester - Yeah I said Lester.

Lester's entirely worthy...He's the most dominant lefty in the league with Lee right now.

I have no clue how there's anyone better than Halladay though.

Also, Sox fans are in extreme denial if they think that lineup scares anyone. They really could use a trade for a bat. Their starting pitching is scary talented so it's possible that they'll carry the lineup. Still, this is the Red Sox we're talking about and I don't think their FO is happy to have a lineup that doesn't intimidate anyone.

Lester's entirely worthy...He's the most dominant lefty in the league with Lee right now.

I have no clue how there's anyone better than Halladay though.

Also, Sox fans are in extreme denial if they think that lineup scares anyone. They really could use a trade for a bat. Their starting pitching is scary talented so it's possible that they'll carry the lineup. Still, this is the Red Sox we're talking about and I don't think their FO is happy to have a lineup that doesn't intimidate anyone.

The Sox offense is the Volvo of offenses. Not sexy, but efficient. Whether you buy into it or not, Theo's sabermetric method can be effective.

Lincecum, Halladay, and Lee are the top three. I would probably round it out with Sabathia and Lester. Going by this year's performance alone, Ubaldo and Josh Johnson would definitely deserve spots and if you ignore this season, then Greinke would be indisputedly in there, but taking the past 3 or so years as a whole, I like those 5.

Archived