Question for Yankees fans

CrazyCarl40

So what the **** does that prove? That he drank? So what...as Yogi said they all did...it evens mentions in your post about Billy and Whitey both drinking. Guess you never drank like that eh Scotty? I did when I was younger and I was far from being an alcoholic. You really went to the extremes to try and get me, but guess what? You didn't...all you did was show me the boys like to have a good time, which I already knew.

Scotty, when you call me out in a post like that again, bring it next time. Maybe you should come down to the Miami game and see who the fans that come down behave like at the Bahia bar in Ft Lauderdale...they would put Mickey to shame and I don't think you want to call them alcoholics...many of them post on Jet Nation.

you were expecting Scott to actually prove something?

lmao :rim:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what the **** does that prove? That he drank? So what...as Yogi said they all did...it evens mentions in your post about Billy and Whitey both drinking. Guess you never drank like that eh Scotty? I did when I was younger and I was far from being an alcoholic. You really went to the extremes to try and get me, but guess what? You didn't...all you did was show me the boys like to have a good time, which I already knew.

Scotty, when you call me out in a post like that again, bring it next time. Maybe you should come down to the Miami game and see who the fans that come down behave like at the Bahia bar in Ft Lauderdale...they would put Mickey to shame and I don't think you want to call them alcoholics...many of them post on Jet Nation.

Nightstalker-You are a fraud and a joke. What did YOU prove? That Mantle wasn't an alcoholic when he played? Guys trying to drink each other under the table? You don't think that is a clinical definition of an alcoholic?

Just because you are ignorant, does make your point.

Oh, and I see how you just TOTALLY stay away from my point where the Yankees DO care about individual records, ala the AROD chase.

But you just ignore that.

I am sure you are a nice guy. But incredibly myopic. You claim people have jealousy about your team. You tell us over and over again how you are such a great fan, and how your team has 27 titles. You tell us what a great fan you are. And how jealous we are of that.

You try and tell us lots of things about ourselves, and how much better you are because you follow a certain team, and that team wins, thus this makes you some kind of better person.

And we just laugh at you. Next time, YOU bring it, because you were WRONG here, and fail to address the points, or totally ignore them

NS-What is your description of an alcoholic?

Would a person who regularly "needs a drink to get going in the morning" be considered an alcoholic in your world? What did Mantle do differently AFTER he retired, than what he did while he was playing? Huh NS?

Is that what you and your friends do daily?

Maybe cc the clown should start a question for mets fans thread for scotty.

It could go something like this: Will the mets collapse down the stretch again this year? :P

Personally I'm hopping for another subway series!

Then he could start one asking will the mets cough it up to the Yanks again. :rl:

Maybe cc the clown should start a question for mets fans thread for scotty.

It could go something like this: Will the mets collapse down the stretch again this year? :P

Personally I'm hopping for another subway series!

Then he could start one asking will the mets cough it up to the Yanks again. :rl:

This really has no context to anything I have stated in this thread.

Do you have a point here?

NS-What is your description of an alcoholic?

Would a person who regularly "needs a drink to get going in the morning" be considered an alcoholic in your world? What did Mantle do differently AFTER he retired, than what he did while he was playing? Huh NS?

Is that what you and your friends do daily?

I see I really got you going to the extremes there Scotty...I pity you, I really do. If you read my original post carefully, I acknowledged that Mantle drank...as did many of his teammates. And I went on to say he became an alcoholic after his playing days. You, like the immature jerk you are, had to do a google search and copy and paste it like a little kid...see NS, you're wrong, nah, nah, nah. Grow the **** up will ya?!

And I don't need you to tell me if I'm a good or bad guy...you of all people that hides on a damn computer and types away...come to the games hot shot and tell your brethren Jets fans they are all alcoholics because they go on drinking binges...seriously, come on down to the Miami game and watch how many on this forum (guys and gals) drink from sun up to sun down and you, being the expert you are on alcoholism can tell them they are all alcoholics. But, you won't do that because you're safe in your little world of internet cyber space.

I see I really got you going to the extremes there Scotty...I pity you, I really do. If you read my original post carefully, I acknowledged that Mantle drank...as did many of his teammates. And I went on to say he became an alcoholic after his playing days. You, like the immature jerk you are, had to do a google search and copy and paste it like a little kid...see NS, you're wrong, nah, nah, nah. Grow the **** up will ya?!

And I don't need you to tell me if I'm a good or bad guy...you of all people that hides on a damn computer and types away...come to the games hot shot and tell your brethren Jets fans they are all alcoholics because they go on drinking binges...seriously, come on down to the Miami game and watch how many on this forum (guys and gals) drink from sun up to sun down and you, being the expert you are on alcoholism can them them they are all alcoholics. But, you won't do that because you're safe in your little world of internet cyber space.

Very simple here, because you don't seem to be able to answer questions, without skirting issues:

1. Have the Yankees rewarded individual statistics ever, contrary to your point that they ONLY care about championships?

2. What is the definition of an alcoholic?

3. How have you proven that Mantle was not an alcoholic during his drinking days.

Let's start there, because you are all over the place.

LOL-Using a search function to show where you are wrong is childish?

Very simple here, because you don't seem to be able to answer questions, without skirting issues:

1. Have the Yankees rewarded individual statistics ever, contrary to your point that they ONLY care about championships?

2. What is the definition of an alcoholic?

3. How have you proven that Mantle was not an alcoholic during his drinking days.

Let's start there, because you are all over the place.

LOL-Using a search function to show where you are wrong is childish?

Seriously, I am done with you and you didn't show me I was wrong, you never do...you call me a fraud, but you use the invisible feature to respond to posts. Take a good, long look at yourself and again, come on down, but you won't. I noticed you ignored that as well...three times now. I am done responding to a poster that has to hide when he's online...

Seriously, I am done with you and you didn't show me I was wrong, you never do...you call me a fraud, but you use the invisible feature to respond to posts. Take a good, long look at yourself and again, come on down, but you won't. I noticed you ignored that as well...three times now. I am done responding to a poster that has to hide when he's online...

Your failure to answer direct questions, shows you for what you are.

I don't see what my coming down to Miami will do anything to tell us how Mantle either was or wasn't an alcoholic during his playing days. That is a very strange disconnect.

You absolutely FAILED to respond to my AROD example, numerous times, as it did show you were wrong. If I am wrong there, at least point it out and respond. Your ignorance of it just shows what we all know, your initial pom pon waving statement was wrong. At times, the Yankees have rewarded individual achievement.

No big deal to me, I get it and AROD serves as a marketing piece for them , should he ever chase the record. But you can't man up and admit to something that is in your face.

You are done with me? Fine No skin off my nose, as it grows tired of having someone be totally obtuse to what is presented them.

Go to sleep tightly, in your Yogi Berra Pajamas, Whitey Ford wallpaper, and Mickey shot glass, comforted in the thought that your teams 27 championships somehow make you better than all of us.

Here, I can copy and paste too...and now I'm done on the topic of Mickey Mantle.

"After he retired, his celebrity status continued, and he drew large crowds to autograph shows and his baseball camps and appeared on TV talk shows and even music videos. But as a Yankees superstar, he had developed a taste for high living and good liquor that only accelerated after his playing days ended, and he eventually became a chronic alcoholic. He was treated for alcoholism, and his damaged liver eventually was ravaged by cirrhosis, hepatitis C and the cancer that led to his death."

Read it carefully and comprehend...after his playing days ended

Here, I can copy and paste too...and now I'm done on the topic of Mickey Mantle.

"After he retired, his celebrity status continued, and he drew large crowds to autograph shows and his baseball camps and appeared on TV talk shows and even music videos. But as a Yankees superstar, he had developed a taste for high living and good liquor that only accelerated after his playing days ended, and he eventually became a chronic alcoholic. He was treated for alcoholism, and his damaged liver eventually was ravaged by cirrhosis, hepatitis C and the cancer that led to his death."

Read it carefully and comprehend...after his playing days ended

Yes he became chronic, but was he a functioning alcoholic during his playing days? There is a difference between a chronic alcoholic and a functioning alcoholic. The definition of "chronic alcoholic" is that you have been doing it for a long time. LOL-defeats your little premise.

What you still ignoring my AROD premise? lol.

This really has no context to anything I have stated in this thread.

Do you have a point here?

Nah, I'll leave the point making to you two.

P.S. Maybe the Yankees see the home run milestones as important to A-Rod, and the incentives as a way to motivate him.

Nah, I'll leave the point making to you two.

P.S. Maybe the Yankees see the home run milestones as important to A-Rod, and the incentives as a way to motivate him.

Brooklyn-absolutely. The personal record will bring in lost of money to the Yankee franchise, should a chase happen.

But, NS told us the Yankees do not care about individual acclaim or records, it is ONLY about championships. Not true.

Again, I have no problem with it. Just calling it as it is

Brooklyn-absolutely. The personal record will bring in lost of money to the Yankee franchise, should a chase happen.

But, NS told us the Yankees do not care about individual acclaim or records, it is ONLY about championships. Not true.

Besides being an idiot, you have reading comprehension problems. NS didn't post that it is ONLY about championships. That is your spin...read or maybe you just can't. Here's what I posted in my original post about responding to Hughes and the Cy Young...

Yanks are more interested in resting their young guns in their quest for their 28th...yeah, you heard it right, 28th World Series Championship and if one of their pitchers happens to win the Cy Young award with that, so be it.

So what that means is, their preference is winning championships and if personal awards come along, fine. Nothing about ONLY winning championships...please, change your handle from Scott Dierking to Scott Jerking because you truly are a jerk. But then again, most posters on this board already know you are.

Besides being an idiot, you have reading comprehension problems. NS didn't post that it is ONLY about championships. That is your spin...read or maybe you just can't. Here's what I posted in my original post about responding to Hughes and the Cy Young...

Yanks are more interested in resting their young guns in their quest for their 28th...yeah, you heard it right, 28th World Series Championship and if one of their pitchers happens to win the Cy Young award with that, so be it.

So what that means is, their preference is winning championships and if personal awards come along, fine. Nothing about ONLY winning championships...please, change your handle from Scott Dierking to Scott Jerking because you truly are a jerk. But then again, most posters on this board already know you are.

Your words here, not mine:"So Scotty, we all know how much you hate the Yankees, but their MO throughout the years is winning titles more than individual accomplishments."

It would seem to me like they are focused on an individual accomplishment with AROD, no?

Your words here, not mine:"So Scotty, we all know how much you hate the Yankees, but their MO throughout the years is winning titles more than individual accomplishments."

It would seem to me like they are focused on an individual accomplishment with AROD, no?

Why? I have no doubt they considered the HR record when they re-signed ARod, but it's kind of silly to act like bringing back an all-time great at 3rd base is supposed to hurt them in an attempt to win championships. Is there some 3rd baseman that isn't going for a record that would be more likely to bring a title? Or did I miss something during the 3rd grade slap-fest?

Why? I have no doubt they considered the HR record when they re-signed ARod, but it's kind of silly to act like bringing back an all-time great at 3rd base is supposed to hurt them in an attempt to win championships. Is there some 3rd baseman that isn't going for a record that would be more likely to bring a title? Or did I miss something during the 3rd grade slap-fest?

I never suggested that they did not consider AROD a vital piece to wining a championship.

I am only illustrating that the Yankees the Yankees DO in fact consider personal achievements (as providing AROD incentive for reaching milestones). It was stated in this thread that they do not.

I have no problem with it. It is when NS comes off in his pompous attitude of "We have 27 championships, every other fan should be jealous of us, the Yankees only worry about championships" that I will point out his inaccuracy.

Of course the Yankees want their players to achieve individual awards. Of course they want to win championships. But, they are not unlike any of the other clubs who want the same exact things. The Yankees are no different here, and that is ok.

I never suggested that they did not consider AROD a vital piece to wining a championship.

I am only illustrating that the Yankees the Yankees DO in fact consider personal achievements (as providing AROD incentive for reaching milestones). It was stated in this thread that they do not.

I have no problem with it. It is when NS comes off in his pompous attitude of "We have 27 championships, every other fan should be jealous of us, the Yankees only worry about championships" that I will point out his inaccuracy.

Of course the Yankees want their players to achieve individual awards. Of course they want to win championships. But, they are not unlike any of the other clubs who want the same exact things. The Yankees are no different here, and that is ok.

I'll let you fight it out with NS, but he said "more than". Not that individual accomplishments aren't considered only that they consider the title first. I'd say that's still true, but as per your last paragraph, that's also what everybody else wants. Even the ****ing Red Sox!

I'll let you fight it out with NS, but he said "more than". Not that individual accomplishments aren't considered only that they consider the title first. I'd say that's still true, but as per your last paragraph, that's also what everybody else wants. Even the ****ing Red Sox!

Agreed. NS went to the trouble of being snide such as:

This is what fans of other teams don't get about the Yankees. The Yanks don't care as much about individual records as they do about the overall goal. Thats why we have 27 titles.

and

So Scotty, we all know how much you hate the Yankees, but their MO throughout the years is winning titles more than individual accomplishments. Maybe some teams (how ya doing Mets?) should take notice.

I gave it right back to him and he could not stand that.

Wow bro that is a reach. Of epic proportions.

Two different things. The Yankees factored ARod's worth with the home run record against the contract they gave him.

That being said any way that you slice it he is the greatest 3b of all time. So it isn't like they said let's bring in a washed up guy to make money. They said let's stick with a guy that can hit 50 home runs in any given year.

Two different things. The Yankees factored ARod's worth with the home run record against the contract they gave him.

That being said any way that you slice it he is the greatest 3b of all time. So it isn't like they said let's bring in a washed up guy to make money. They said let's stick with a guy that can hit 50 home runs in any given year.

Max-Are the Yankees rewarding AROD for INDIVIDUAL achievement? That is my point, not whether he is a valuable contributor.

Baseball is all about individual accomplishments- why wouldn't the Yankees celebrate it?

How do you think baseball became relevant again after the strike? They let guys take steroids to hit home runs to break a 40 year old "sacred" record.

I'm not saying the Yankees do not care at all about individual acclaim or records, nor am I disagreeing with you on the money that would be generated by a home run record chase.

But in the scenario I gave, where the Yankees felt the home run milestones were important to A-Rod and the incentives given were to motivate him.

Then they would also be considering it would improve their chances at another championship, which is the most important thing to them and should be for all teams in my opinion.

Further more, the contract has allot to do with it as well. If they decided they were going to offer him that much money, having the incentives in there is good business sense.

I think Mike Schmidt would argue this point, but I digress.

The Yankees were bidding against them selves when they signed A-Rod to his contract.

IMHO the incentives are not so much to fuel A-Rod to the inevitable, but to ensure the homerun record is a Yankee record again.

I'm not saying the Yankees do not care at all about individual acclaim or records, nor am I disagreeing with you on the money that would be generated by a home run record chase.

But in the scenario I gave, where the Yankees felt the home run milestones were important to A-Rod and the incentives given were to motivate him.

Then they would also be considering it would improve their chances at another championship, which is the most important thing to them and should be for all teams in my opinion.

Further more, the contract has allot to do with it as well. If they decided they were going to offer him that much money, having the incentives in there is good business sense.

I never said I had a problem with that.

But in the same breath, don't tell me the Yankees have no regard for personal accomplishments. Part of them coming to agreement with AROD on a new contract was the opportunity of having a Yankee involved in the all-time HR chase.

An individual accomplishment, which they wanted to tag along for the ride.

No problem with that and a smart business approach.

Here is what we may ultimately find out about the Yankees and that chase- Say that AROD is limping towards the record (he will get it, but it is going to take time, and he is hurting the team). Do they take him out of the line-up?

Not saying that is what will transpire, but it would test the commitment to team.

I think Mike Schmidt would argue this point, but I digress.

The Yankees were bidding against them selves when they signed A-Rod to his contract.

IMHO the incentives are not so much to fuel A-Rod to the inevitable, but to ensure the homerun record is a Yankee record again.

The contract was about the record, but the choice of 3rd baseman is about the title.

But in the same breath, don't tell me the Yankees have no regard for personal accomplishments. Part of them coming to agreement with AROD on a new contract was the opportunity of having a Yankee involved in the all-time HR chase.

Here is what we may ultimately find out about the Yankees and that chase- Say that AROD is limping towards the record (he will get it, but it is going to take time, and he is hurting the team). Do they take him out of the line-up?

Not saying that is what will transpire, but it would test the commitment to team.

I'm not sure why the first part was even necessary, as I said:
I'm not saying the Yankees do not care at all about individual acclaim or records
As for the second part, allot of that will depend on who is running the Yankees at the time, if A-Rod even makes it a chase.

I might retract my statement. Are we sure he is a lock for the record?

He is a 168 short right now. Seems doable.

He turns 35 next month and will be 42 when his contract runs out in 2017. That is only an average of 22. For him, it would seem to be a slam dunk.

However, he hit 35 HRs two years ago. 30, last year. He is on pace for 25 this season. Is this regression due to his litany of nagging injuries?

I think he will get it, but I am not as sure as I was 3 years ago when he launched over 50 homeruns.

The contract was about the record, but the choice of 3rd baseman is about the title.

Obviously.

Still going at it. Isn't there a Mets thread you can start? Unlike you who is obsessed with anything Yankees, I promise to stay out of it.

I might retract my statement. Are we sure he is a lock for the record?

He is a 168 short right now. Seems doable.

He turns 35 next month and will be 42 when his contract runs out in 2017. That is only an average of 22. For him, it would seem to be a slam dunk.

However, he hit 35 HRs two years ago. 30, last year. He is on pace for 25 this season. Is this regression due to his litany of nagging injuries?

I think he will get it, but I am not as sure as I was 3 years ago when he launched over 50 homeruns.

Maybe he is just trying to win the title, instead of break records. ;)

If what I said was so obvious, then why did Dierking use A-Rod as an example of the Yankees choosing records over titles?

Archived