The classless organization that the fins are, it wouldn't surprise me...

NIGHT STALKER

Under NFL rules they are banned from all of the stadiums. Of course this won't stop independent vendors from selling them outside the stadium.

The enforcement of the universal ban on bringing noise makers into the stadium is inconsistent as it is in the best interest of the home team for security to be lax in enforcement. The Colts are notorious for there almost complete lack of enforcement.

There is a rarely if ever invoked rule that allows the refs to penalize the home team if the crowd noise is exessive. I can't recall a single time the rule was actually used but it is in the rule book which allows for either the home team to lose a time out of have a 5 yard penality.

When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing

Would not shock me if we see that rule invoked at a stadium in which a large number of fans in the stadium had these things. Of course that will be followed by much bitching and moaning on the message boards by the home teams fans that there were treated unfairly and much debate on the MB, ESPN, etc.

Should be interesting.

I love the Vuvuzela's.

The buzz adds to the build up of the game. For soccer anyway, don't think they'd add anything to an NFL game.

They remind me of the tense parts of Batman: The Dark Knight, that buzz noise that would get louder.

Under NFL rules they are banned from all of the stadiums. Of course this won't stop independent vendors from selling them outside the stadium.

The enforcement of the universal ban on bringing noise makers into the stadium is inconsistent as it is in the best interest of the home team for security to be lax in enforcement. The Colts are notorious for there almost complete lack of enforcement.

There is a rarely if ever invoked rule that allows the refs to penalize the home team if the crowd noise is exessive. I can't recall a single time the rule was actually used but it is in the rule book which allows for either the home team to lose a time out of have a 5 yard penality.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing

Would not shock me if we see that rule invoked at a stadium in which a large number of fans in the stadium had these things. Of course that will be followed by much bitching and moaning on the message boards by the home teams fans that there were treated unfairly and much debate on the MB, ESPN, etc.

Should be interesting.

I can - the Jets-Lions game, the Leon Johnson halfback pass game, O'Donnell asked the refs to quiet the crowd and the Refs announced that if the crowd didn't get quieter the team would be assessed a 5 yard penalty . . . crowd quieted down for 2 plays, which was what the Jets needed to get out of their own endzone

I swear, I think if I was sitting next to one of these clowns, I would take it from him and beat him with it...one of the most annoying things ever invented...but, someone is making millions from it.

Then you'd be scalped.

Archived