Lidge will win Series MVP

Ryno the Jet

No, not for the white sox. Seriously, I am a huge Stros fan, and I have backed this team all year. Yes, it has been a wild ride, but there is one slogan Astros fans world wide have hung their hats on:

LIGHTS OUT LIDGE!

Many of you may laugh, but this kid is tuff as nails. I have seen this from him before, but I promise this always happens to him in twos. He struggles twice in a row, always. I don't know what it is, but after two poor outings this guy rekindles the slogan: LIGHTS OUT LIDGE!

I will not give up on this team, how could I after the adversity they have overcome. So write it down, take picture, I don't give a fu(k! LIGHTS OUT LIDGE FOR MVP!

No reason to give up on the Astros at this point. They have the horses to comeback. Oswalt has to come up big and hopefully Roger is fine on short rest (he didn't work much so it shouldn't be an issue).

This series is far from over.

Lidge has had two straight solid seasons as Astros closer- these things happen to all late closers-

Astros are very good at home- one of the best records in all of baseball at home- I expect this to be a long series

I can't believe Lidge has coughed up yard balls to his last 2 batters. Every time that rat bastard throws against the Cubs he's lights out. I respect the hell out of him but don't think he has a big enough shovel to dig the Stroh's out. It aint over yet - but the fat lady is rehearsing.

I'm sure he'll be receiving more than just a fruit basket from the city of Chicago today.

He was toast after Pujols raped him.

Amazing, simply amazing. There is a lot of youth on this Houston team, Lidge included, but I do not know if he will be able to recover from this, nor do I think a manager could trust him in the closing role for another World Series. I am truely upset by the outcome, but hats off to chi-town, those cats deserve it. Ozzie is one hell of a manager, I don't care what anyone says. Every game was close, and the Stros had a shot late in all of them, but, alas, due to several factors they could not manufacture ONE MUTHA FUKIN RUN TO KEEP THE SERIES ALIVE AFTER BACKE WORKED HIS ASS OFF TO KEEP THE GAME AT ZEROS!!!!

UN-FREAKIN-REAL!!!

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Lidge had a post season similar to what Mr. Kim had a few years back. Kim never recovered from that. I wonder about Lidge, although I beleive that he is made out of sterner stuff.

All this just goes to prove how great Mo really is. Especially in the post-season, 2004 not-with-standing.

Lidge had a post season similar to what Mr. Kim had a few years back. Kim never recovered from that. I wonder about Lidge, although I beleive that he is made out of sterner stuff.

All this just goes to prove how great Mo really is. Especially in the post-season, 2004 not-with-standing.

Easy there, sure it has SOME resemblence, but Kim is NOWAY near Lidge or was he ever near him. Lidge was a K machine that was lights out.

However, Garner overused him this postseason and that Pujols blast couple by the White Sox treating him like their b!tch, may see the end of his best closing days. I know I ain't drafting him high next year in my fantasy leagues.

Easy there, sure it has SOME resemblence, but Kim is NOWAY near Lidge or was he ever near him. Lidge was a K machine that was lights out.

However, Garner overused him this postseason and that Pujols blast couple by the White Sox treating him like their b!tch, may see the end of his best closing days. I know I ain't drafting him high next year in my fantasy leagues.

Kim was actually really effective in 2002 after the Yankees raped him

36 saves, all-star appearance, 2.04 ERA, 216 OPS+

Kim was actually really effective in 2002 after the Yankees raped him

36 saves, all-star appearance, 2.04 ERA, 216 OPS+

True enough.

But for someone his age at that time, he rapidly fell off the cliff as a closer.

I doubt this will happen with Lidge, although he bears watching. He's just too dominant to suffer any serious long term effects. He won't turn into Matt Anderson after a bad 2005 post-season.

Archived