ESPN is insinuating Bosh and Lebron to Chicago, Johnson and Amare to NYK

Blackout

BY WEB STAFF

sportsnet.ca

The NBA free agent race for LeBron James and Chris Bosh may be over before it even begins.

According to a report in the New York Times, a team executive from one of the clubs chasing James said the soon-to-be free agent was strongly leaning towards joining the Chicago Bulls along with Chris Bosh. The source said he gathered as much from discussions with his fellow NBA executives, saying, "I think it's a done deal."

The source also told the paper that the Miami Heat, New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers would also try to lure James away from the Cleveland Cavaliers once the window for free agent discussions opens on July 1. The paper says that the Dallas Mavericks will try to arrange a meeting with James as well.

James, who has decided to remain in Ohio instead of going on a city tour, will meet with interested teams on his home turf. He has spent all seven years of his young career with his hometown Cavaliers but has failed to win an NBA championship.

The Bulls are one of many teams who have been busy trying to free up cap space in an attempt to sign some of the big-name free agents on this summer's market. In addition to James and Bosh, the free agent class also includes NBA all-stars Dwyane Wade of the Heat and Joe Johnson of the Atlanta Hawks.

Bosh, drafted fourth overall by the Raptors in 2003, has averaged 20.2 points and 9.4 rebounds over seven seasons in Toronto. He has gone on record as saying re-signing with the Raptors remains an option, but he will test the open market.

It's all speculation at this point. ESPN's reports suck and we all know this. We won't know much until Thursday.

I find it hard to believe that Bosh Wade and Lebron will all be in Miami...it's a pipe dream. But, if for some crazy reason it happened i'm getting season tix immediatley! Thursday is gona feel like christmas morning.

I find it hard to believe that Bosh Wade and Lebron will all be in Miami...it's a pipe dream. But, if for some crazy reason it happened i'm getting season tix immediatley! Thursday is gona feel like christmas morning.

Miami can afford LeBron, Bosh and Wade? I find that hard to believe.

Stephen A is saying Lebron and Bosh to Miami

Yep, I just heard it again on 790 "The Ticket" here in South Florida. Stephen A Smith was on and his exact words were..."My sources tell me that both LeBron James and Chris Bosh to Miami..."

Now, you can take that for whatever its worth because I don't know who Stephen A Smith's "sources" are.

Miami can afford LeBron, Bosh and Wade? I find that hard to believe.

yes they can. they have 45 million in cap room. each of them would be accepting 15 million a year. That would take up all 45 million in cap space. Now obviously we would have to field a team lol. There are 2 options. Option 1: It's very likely that Bosh and toronto would work a sign and trade for Michael Beasley, that would free up additional cap for the heat to round out the roster. Option 2: Heat owner Micky Arison spends over the cap entering into the luxury tax to sign some mid-level players to put around "the 3 kings". He's never been willing to do this before but i think with a monster increase in ticket sales and everything else that comes along with being the center of the NBA universe he might actually be willing to do so.

Heat fans are losing their minds down here, I seriously doubt it happens, but who knows?

**** the Heat!

Soon as i heard the news of this possibly happening i went from 6 to 12...boner city down here man. If this happens, first i get my season tix. Then i buy tix for when the heat come up to the Garden and I watch the heat beat the **** out of the Knicks and see the looks on eveyones face watching Lebron drop 50 on em in a heat Uni.

Make sure you buy your season tickets ahead of time!

i was thinking about doing it last night. they were ****ty seats in the 300 level for $1250 and you had to put 350 down. But if Lebron doesnt come here those tix are worth dick and i'm stuck wtaching bull**** again.

i was thinking about doing it last night. they were ****ty seats in the 300 level for $1250 and you had to put 350 down. But if Lebron doesnt come here those tix are worth dick and i'm stuck wtaching bull**** again.

Do it! Do it! I'm thinking it's all apart of their plan, but we'll see.

a part of me for some reason wants lebron to go ny so heat/knicks can fire up their rivalry again.

I wish, but Knicks don't play defense, so there goes that. Watch out for Joe Johnson to bring the rivalry back.............:rolleyes:

I wish, but Knicks don't play defense, so there goes that. Watch out for Joe Johnson to bring the rivalry back.............:rolleyes:

D'antoni's system is fun to watch though, but yea, no D. Heres what i think happens Rillo. Knick sign Johnson to a max contract and you guys bag either Lee or Amare. You'll be a playoff team next year. After that year Eddie Curry's bad heart contract comes off the books as well as a few other players and you can bring Mello back to NY. Mello, Johnson and Lee/Amare is prety good trio....good enough to where if we get Lebron/Wade/Bosh we can routinely meet in the eastern conference finals.

The Knicks & NETS should kill themselves. How many seasons have they sacrificed and given the fans crappy game after crappy game and crappy season after crappy season in an effort to lure LeBron here and NOTHING!

Hawks offered JJ a max deal. It's gonna be hard for him to turn down $30 mil more to stay in Atlanta. Amare is still a realistic target, same with Boozer. Lebron either goes to Chicago, Miami or stays in Cleveland.

If the Knicks sign Amare but can't get JJ I think an option is to trade for Richard Jefferson. RJ is arguably just as good as JJ and only has 1 year left on his deal. His problem is he doesn't fit in with the Spurs.

Hawks offered JJ a max deal. It's gonna be hard for him to turn down $30 mil more to stay in Atlanta. Amare is still a realistic target, same with Boozer. Lebron either goes to Chicago, Miami or stays in Cleveland.

If the Knicks sign Amare but can't get JJ I think an option is to trade for Richard Jefferson. RJ is arguably just as good as JJ and only has 1 year left on his deal. His problem is he doesn't fit in with the Spurs.

Ugh :bag:

LMAO!!! Richard Jefferson is GARBAGE!!! NAw **** that, he's hot garbage. If thats the knicks offseason thats a major failure.

Archived