More questionable police behavior

CTM

No link.. Witnessed first hand at a concert in Camden in Friday. Cops were in a van driving through lots and people we're walking around. Van pulls into thisheavily congested area and the cop starts in with this loud siren like noise intended to clear the path, except the cop is extremely pissed off and hitting it over and over and over.

Kid, must of been early 20's yells out something to the effect "Easy on the horn, it's killing our f'ing ears".. A sentiment that i agreed with at the time. Cops stops the trunk, jumps out of the front seat "says who the **** said that", kid who did it trying to sneak away back into the crowd, cop spots him barrels through people, grabs kid, throws him to ground, plants his face in pavement with elbow at back of neck and puts all his weight on him as he cuffs him.

It was definitely very aggressive, and didn't look like fun at all (kid was in serious pain), but my broader question is that was the cop justified in taking that action based on someone yelling at them to go easy on the horn?

I really don't know the law here, but it didn't seem justified..

I mean come on then, what's the point of being a cop in ****ing Camden if you can't Rock-bottom a few hippies from time to time?

I applaud the guy for roughing up a dirty hippie...wish it was CTM, but seems like this might be a bit overboard.

No, of course cops can't rough up people for yelling out. Can't arrest, or ticket either. The only possible justification is if the cop felt the hippie was inciting a riot as he was in a crowd. Sounds like a numskull move either way, especially if he kneeled on the kids back. Thats not allowed and no police academy teaches it since people have been asphyxiated by having their lungs compressed in this manner.

No, of course cops can't rough up people for yelling out. Can't arrest, or ticket either. The only possible justification is if the cop felt the hippie was inciting a riot as he was in a crowd. Sounds like a numskull move either way, especially if he kneeled on the kids back. Thats not allowed and no police academy teaches it since people have been asphyxiated by having their lungs compressed in this manner.

He kneeled at first and eventually was laying on top of him with forearm at back of neck.. this went on for a bit before cuffing him... i took a bunch of pictures but forgot my phone doesn't save them automatically so lost them all

He kneeled at first and eventually was laying on top of him with forearm at back of neck.. this went on for a bit before cuffing him... i took a bunch of pictures but forgot my phone doesn't save them automatically so lost them all

That's standard operating procedure down here....you're lucky they didn't catch you taking pics.

Archived