NYPD Douche files Counter Suit against Sean Bell's Estate

Vudu

The unexpectedness of it was great, but IIRC a lot of anthropologists still refer to them as "Negro spirituals." And Banner gets extra points because his entire sentence was just terrific.

Yeah yeah, and the UNCF isn't technically an offensive title as well, still doesn't mean it's fun writing it in full when I cut them a check.

"Spirituals" are songs that were created by slaves in the American South. "Them" is a personal pronoun used to refer to the plural objects of a sentence. If that's not enough for you, go get yourself a copy of Strunk & White because I really don't have time to fill in the rest of the blanks for you.

No, but you have time to try and I mean half ass try to explain your poor use of "them" in this thread which is sensitive driven.

Spin it again. That is if you have the time.

Im not surprised, this isnt the first time Bruce Banner has posted racist sh!t on here. I find ignoring him to be a better option than being baited in some lame race argument.

Not looking to start a fight---

But opposed to calling them what?

I don't see anything racist with the term "negro spirituals".

Neither do I, it's the term for the songs the slaves used to sing.

No, but you have time to try and I mean half ass try to explain your poor use of "them" in this thread which is sensitive driven.

Spin it again. That is if you have the time.

Sorry. Strunk & White it is.

Its not that serious gentlemen. Sometimes people can half ass explain things that could be considered sensitive to others. And some people dont need Strunk and white to know whats going on. If we talk to one another we'll find out alot more than what some book said.

To be fair. We're all slaves to this.

dollar.jpg

If Rutgers didnt cut a check to the UNCF no telling what condition I'd be in lol, though Id rather him and others just cut some time in their schedule instead of their bank accounts, but thats completely off subject cuz money cures everything!

This has nothing to do with race or anything like that. This guy was a criminal who tried to run over a cop. Anyone who thinks the world isn't a better place because this scum is gone can just leave. 50 bullets IS overreacting, but is was NOT the policeman's actions that caused this.

Look, the cops who shot Sean Bell *****ed up. Did they intend to go out to kill a black guy? No they just choked and acted stupidly. It was a horrible incident and we should all feel sorry for both the cops involved and Sean Bell's family.

I feel bad for the family, but not Bell.

Yes, I was 10-13yrs old when Dinkins was in office, and given the violence of NYC at the time you had to grow up VERY QUICKLY because your surroundings wouldnt let up on you because you were young. I'll admit, I wasnt as engrossed with the issues of society at that age, however, I had eyes to see and the impact of drugs, and police brutality were very close to me. Dont want to act like every person is a saint and the police are just out of pocket every single time. That wouldnt be true. But I remember the cops just snatching guys up whether right or wrong and driving them out to the bronx piers and beating their asses to a pulp so they didnt have to do paper work. Thats not right. I remember when the 41st precinct was called "Fort Apace" before they relocated from under the train station and they used to sell drugs in the community and call it "under cover work". Thats not right. I remember playing with water from the Johnny pumps and accidently wetting a cop driving pass in his car. He slammed on the brakes, got out the car and began to shout and intimidate me as if I was an adult. I mean this thick neck cop was furious and I had to be only like 6 or 7 years old. Luckily my father was on the corner and intervened.

I notice my pops arguing with this cop trying to tell him that it was a mistake from a child and because my pops was arguing with him the cop got into a position with his hand on his gun. I noticed my pops face, he seemed like he was pissed by the cops gesture, especially over water, yet had to swallow his pride and let the cop just run off at the mouth because for one I was there and this cop was obviously ready for some bullet to flesh action. You dont forget **** like that when you're a child. Cops intimidated people in the cities, as well as assumed that you were always doing something you werent supposed to which was later called "racial profiling". I never sold drugs in my life, I seen the catastrophe it had on my family and my friends family first hand, yet I could tell you numerous times how cops would just stop me with not reasonable cause just to search me, run my I.D. find no drugs, weapons or warrants and then tell "ME" to have a good day.

Depending on where you grew up will define the outlook you have for cops. I didnt really experience suburb living until I got to college and I can tell you that the cops out in suburbs are some of the most polite people you could meet, they speak "to" you not "at" you and they are rarely in the area too. You'll see more cops in a day on the boulevard than in a month in some of these suburbs. But thats when you notice that you dont see projects either, and the monetary situation is much different in these areas. As I grew up I began to notice the game being played its not a racial thing its a monetary control thing. I never been a racist as me hating white people but when you're young and the only interaction you have with white people are cops that will beat on you or shoot you or sell drugs in your area yet point fingers to us like we're the only drug dealers here kinda gave you a false point of view about the relationship between black and white people. Being able to go away for college showed me that there were alot of white people that knew what was going on in areas like mine. I was very grateful for that, because I knew that racial situations were some of the stupidest **** around yet I thought that I was the only one to understand that.

Anyway, the point of view of Cops whether good or bad is deserving because they provide enough info to back up either view.

Very interesting read and perspective. I hated cops when I was in HS and in my early 20s because I was a knucklehead and getting in trouble often. Stupid stuff like fights, drunken disorderly, weed, etc. Some of it was in sleepy suburbs, some in cities (although Providence, RI is not exactly the South Bronx :biggrin:). Sometimes cops were cool, sometimes it seemed like they invented douchebaggery.

For people who really have had consistent harrassment from cops over the years, it's easy to see why they hav esuch a negative opinion. Me, I believe I deserved most of what I got. Now that I'm not acting the fool anymore, at least not in terms of the law, I have no issue with law enforcement.

Look, the cops who shot Sean Bell *****ed up. Did they intend to go out to kill a black guy? No they just choked and acted stupidly. It was a horrible incident and we should all feel sorry for both the cops involved and Sean Bell's family.

I always get a kick out of the "I didn't know they were cops".

Of course you didn't, they were sitting in a bar for hours NOT DRINKING.

"The blacks"? lmao. You might as well have just said "colored people" or something lol. That was so 1950 just now.

To my point though, how do you know that black people said nothing? did you speak to any black people during that time? To say that shows me two things, one that you havent spoken to all black people during that time because you certainly missed me, and two you think that black people are represented through a small group of black people called "the blacks" that go on tv and speak on behalf of all black people or something. It doesnt quite work like that bro.

Question, did YOU say anything on the killings? Figuring that its not a pigmentation thing, you should have been appalled by the mistreatment from the department toward these people. Or am I wrong and it was just politics for you too?

You never challenged the claim that more civilians were killed per year under Dinkins than under Giuliani.

Lots of arm waving, but you never said anything that mattered.

The real issue is whether or not all cultures are equally successful. That is the real issue.

Best unintentional semi-racist statement of June; Banner's 'The Black's' post or bitonti's 'Negro spirituals' post? Gotta be the latter right? At least that one came out of nowhere.

Nothing I said was racist. The truth is that the NYPD killed more people per year under Dinkins than under Giuliani.

If you disagree than back it up.

Im not surprised, this isnt the first time Bruce Banner has posted racist sh!t on here. I find ignoring him to be a better option than being baited in some lame race argument.

I have never posted one racist thing in my entire life. If you disagree post the evidence.

I consider this stuff to be political. I didn't read much in this thread. But I see people talking Dinkins, Guiliani etc and that is political.

We want to avoid this stuff. All of it. Jets fans fighting with Jets fans, this is not the place for it.

Thanks.

Archived