Darnell Docket Rips Kerry Rhodes

MikeJetsWord

Rotfl.

I defended Rhodes for a while but Dockett is a guy who wants to be elite and has become one of my favorite non-Jets over the past couple years. If he's calling Rhodes out then Rhodes must be really douching it up over there...

Glad he's gone, WTF happened to him?

SMH.

He's Hollywood, If he was offered some contract to do movies for millions of dollars I'm sure he'd leave football in a heartbeat.

It's such a shame, he's got the talent but no work ethic anymore.

If you put a guy like Eric Smith's drive with Kerry's talents you'd have the ultimate safety.

I.E.- Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are good examples.

Rotfl.

I defended Rhodes for a while but Dockett is a guy who wants to be elite and has become one of my favorite non-Jets over the past couple years. If he's calling Rhodes out then Rhodes must be really douching it up over there...

Oh, now that a non-Jet player or fan is criticizing Rhodes... its okay. :rolleyes:

not for nuthin' Jets fans but he was hanging out with Erik Ainge over there

The difference is... Rhodes is a starting FS, Ainge is a 4th string QB... and the only reason Ainge is in the league is cause Danny called in a favor.

The difference is... Rhodes is a starting FS, Ainge is a 4th string QB... and the only reason Ainge is in the league is cause Danny called in a favor.

and how does Dockett know if Rhodes was or was not working out in the Bahamas? Ainge talked about working out over there on Twitter last week. Look, I'm no Kerry Rhodes defender but this is kind of a BS story to me. I mean it's their time off until TC camp starts in 3+ weeks

and how does Dockett know if Rhodes was or was not working out in the Bahamas? Ainge talked about working out over there on Twitter last week. Look, I'm no Kerry Rhodes defender but this is kind of a BS story to me. I mean it's their time off until TC camp starts in 3+ weeks

This time last season Kerry Rhodes was acting as an extra in a Lady Gaga video. Then when the season came upon us it turned out that not only did Kerry not know the new defense, he didn't want to know. Now he is learning a new defense again. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Kerry Rhodes is a piece of sh!t but now he's a piece of sh!t who will be running away from contact on another team come September. Consequently, I couldn't care less what kind of ass he makes of himself globally.

This time last season Kerry Rhodes was acting as an extra in a Lady Gaga video. Then when the season came upon us it turned out that not only did Kerry not know the new defense, he didn't want to know. Now he is learning a new defense again. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Wearing eyeliner....

SO so far, Rhodes doens't fit in defenses run by Mangini, Ryan and Whisenhunt. And he cannot play for a hardass (Mangini) nor a player's coach(Ryan) and whatever Whisenhunt is. He's fast running out of teams.

He's Hollywood, If he was offered some contract to do movies for millions of dollars I'm sure he'd leave football in a heartbeat.

If you put a guy like Eric Smith's drive with Kerry's talents you'd have the ultimate safety.

Eric Smith is a 3rd round pick with better physical numbers than Rhodes - minus the vertical - and he is a considerably worse safety.

Wearing eyeliner....

SO so far, Rhodes doens't fit in defenses run by Mangini, Ryan and Whisenhunt. And he cannot play for a hardass (Mangini) nor a player's coach(Ryan) and whatever Whisenhunt is. He's fast running out of teams.

Rhodes fit fine in Mangini's defense. He fit fine with Herm/Henderson too. Remember when he was the only good thing on the D? I wouldn't write him off with the Cards just yet. I think we all started hammering him because of how much he was overrated around here. Remember when we just had to extend him for big money? Rhodes plays like a *****, but compared to Antonio Cromartie he has the testicles of a Brahma bull.

Eric Smith is a 3rd round pick with better physical numbers than Rhodes - minus the vertical - and he is a considerably worse safety.

Rhodes fit fine in Mangini's defense. He fit fine with Herm/Henderson too. Remember when he was the only good thing on the D? I wouldn't write him off with the Cards just yet. I think we all started hammering him because of how much he was overrated around here. Remember when we just had to extend him for big money? Rhodes plays like a *****, but compared to Antonio Cromartie he has the testicles of a Brahma bull.

I was talking about his work ethic, compared to Rhodes. Rhodes is by far a more gifted athlete and Eric has the heart.

Look at Jim Leonhard, he listens to his coaches and learned every aspect of the defense.

Kerry just wants everything to come to him-

I was talking about his work ethic, compared to Rhodes. Rhodes is by far a more gifted athlete and Eric has the heart.

Look at Jim Leonhard, he listens to his coaches and learned every aspect of the defense.

Kerry just wants everything to come to him-

I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm calling bull****. Rhodes is not a more gifted athlete. We don't like what's happened with Rhodes career, but Eric Smith had some ridiculously fast short shuttle times and I'm sure he ran better than the 4.6 Rhodes ran at the combine. Rhodes is bigger and a better jumper, but Smith is faster, quicker and was drafted in a higher round. Rhodes is a big fairly slow safety that doesn't like contact. There is no reason to blame "work ethic". Is it Smith's "heart" that causes him to repeatedly trip over chalk yardlines? If you combined the best features of the two you would still only have a marginal safety.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm calling bull****. Rhodes is not a more gifted athlete. We don't like what's happened with Rhodes career, but Eric Smith had some ridiculously fast short shuttle times and I'm sure he ran better than the 4.6 Rhodes ran at the combine. Rhodes is bigger and a better jumper, but Smith is faster, quicker and was drafted in a higher round. Rhodes is a big fairly slow safety that doesn't like contact. There is no reason to blame "work ethic". Is it Smith's "heart" that causes him to repeatedly trip over chalk yardlines? If you combined the best features of the two you would still only have a marginal safety.

Rhodes has/had far greater athletic ability and he just seems not to care as much, but yeah tripping over things and being bowled over falls under athletic ability in my book.

Gotcha, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Rhodes has/had far greater athletic ability and he just seems not to care as much, but yeah tripping over things and being bowled over falls under athletic ability in my book.

Gotcha, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I can agree to disagree, but you can't shut me up!

I suppose it depends on how you define "athletic". I usually use it to mean raw numbers - strength, speed, quickness, etc. When you start breaking it down into agility and "game speed" it gets difficult to quantify. We know it when we see it. In raw numbers Smith is probably at least even with Rhodes, but Rhodes does seem a hell of a lot smoother and more "athletic" to the eye.

Gholston is a perfect example of this. Judged solely by the numbers, , he is an off the charts monster. Unfortunately it is painfully obvious that he isn't very athletic. My Dad insists the same about Braylon Edwards. Dad says he can run and jump, but that he doesn't seem that coordinated or athletic. Maybe he's right.

Oh stop. Of course he is.

You can check my post above for what I mean, but check their combine numbers. I can't find them right now, but I know Rhodes ran around 4.6 and Smith had some insanely fast short shuttle time. Bit probably has the info somewhere. There is a reason Smith went in the 3rd and Rhodes went in the 4th and it isn't because Smith hunted wild boar with a knife.

I have come to the conclusion that Kerry Rhodes simply isn't very fast. That combined with a lack of desire to mix it up makes him of questionable value.

I remember everyone saying Smith was one of the more gifted athletes in that entire draft. He surely doesnt look on the field. If you go by the numbers you've displayed...then Smith may appear to be a better athlete...but on the field Rhodes look a hell of a lot better. Rhodes is just a *****.

Eric Smith doesnt do anything like this below. Which shows range, quickness and jumping ability.

kerry_rhodes_overMoss09_412.jpg

3691_large.jpg

Takes a pretty good athlete to make those plays. Eric Smith has never been close to making a play like either of those.

[url=http://www.newyorkjets.com/image_assets/5770/092307_baker_highlights.jpg]

I remember everyone saying Smith was one of the more gifted athletes in that entire draft. He surely doesnt look on the field. If you go by the numbers you've displayed...then Smith may appear to be a better athlete...but on the field Rhodes look a hell of a lot better. Rhodes is just a *****.

Eric Smith doesnt do anything like this below. Which shows range, quickness and jumping ability.

kerry_rhodes_overMoss09_412.jpg

3691_large.jpg

Takes a pretty good athlete to make those plays. Eric Smith has never been close to making a play like either of those.

Rhodes one outstanding measured physical attribute is leaping. He had a 42" vertical and he's already 6'4". I'm mainly taking this stance because we all treat him like an underachiever, but he is in fact a fairly slow safety despite all the jibber jabber about his range.

Rhodes one outstanding measured physical attribute is leaping. He had a 42" vertical and he's already 6'4". I'm mainly taking this stance because we all treat him like an underachiever, but he is in fact a fairly slow safety despite all the jibber jabber about his range.

I'm not saying he's fast...but he had to to do something to put himself in position to make plays like that. Whether its because he's a better athlete than Smith or a better Football player than Smith...I dont know, but Smith falls over himself and Rhodes has made some spectular plays in his days despite being an utter *****.

You can check my post above for what I mean, but check their combine numbers. I can't find them right now, but I know Rhodes ran around 4.6 and Smith had some insanely fast short shuttle time. Bit probably has the info somewhere. There is a reason Smith went in the 3rd and Rhodes went in the 4th and it isn't because Smith hunted wild boar with a knife.

I have come to the conclusion that Kerry Rhodes simply isn't very fast. That combined with a lack of desire to mix it up makes him of questionable value.

Combine numbers:

Rhodes/Smith

40yd: 4.6/4.68

20yd: 2.72/2.64

10yd: 1.67/1.64

20yd shuttle: 4.12/4.10

60yd shuttle: 11.21/10.94

3-cone: 6.94/6.89

Bench: 12/21

Vertical: 42/40

Broad: 10'3"/10'7"

I think I define athleticism in the NFL just by looking at the pics above as Rhodes.

Just because you can run fast in a straight line does not make you athletic, or jump high, it's how you combine all those things together in a nice package.

Hand-eye coordination, balance, and in the NFL being a athlete is also overall toughness. Which Kerry lost-

When we first got him I was psyched to see him progress, but he seemed to regress.

Combine numbers:

Rhodes/Smith

40yd: 4.6/4.68

20yd: 2.72/2.64

10yd: 1.67/1.64

20yd shuttle: 4.12/4.10

60yd shuttle: 11.21/10.94

3-cone: 6.94/6.89

Bench: 12/21

Vertical: 42/40

Broad: 10'3"/10'7"

Thanks. I'm surprised that Smith is so dog slow in the 40. That's Donovan Warren slow! By these numbers I'd rank them fairly even.

I think I define athleticism in the NFL just by looking at the pics above as Rhodes.

Just because you can run fast in a straight line does not make you athletic, or jump high, it's how you combine all those things together in a nice package.

Hand-eye coordination, balance, and in the NFL being a athlete is also overall toughness. Which Kerry lost-

When we first got him I was psyched to see him progress, but he seemed to regress.

Right. That's basically what I'm saying. I'm was referring to "numbers" athleticism. I think I'm less likely to forgive a guy for being a shameless doof than slow in a nice package. Nice package, now that is gay enough to be a JN slogan!

I wanted to see him progress too. As for toughness, I'm not sure Rhodes ever had any. Most of the draft profiles I saw (looking for the combine numbers Hector posted) said he was a ***** in college. We cut him slack as a young bright spot on a bad team, he just didn't get better and I think he played it too safe for this D.

And you wouldn't?

Hmmm... Get paid millions and millions to look pretty in front of a camera and bang whichever actress I want... Or... Take a **** load of physical pain for significantly less money and have no guarantee of a job tomorrow.

Tough decision to me.

Archived