Lebron to announce decision Thursday Night at 9pm on ESPN

Matt39

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They should have David Stern open envelopes to eliminate teams from contention like the draft lottery special.

Gotta be staying in Cleveland right? I don't even think Lebron's got balls big enough to host a 1-hour special about ripping the heart out of an entire city.

When I first read about it I couldn't help but think 'what a tool,' but the fact that he's using all the hubbub to raise some dough for charity is actually pretty cool of him.

I'm actually rescinding this comment. After sitting on the news for the past hour, I'm back to thinking he's a tool. Stay in Cleveland and go **** yourself dude, because the Garden has absolutely zero tolerance for this primadonna sh-t.

Take it for what it's worth, but Jared Dudley tweeted the following half an hour ago:

"Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!"

"That's what I'm hearing.. I don't care where he goes lol.. I personally thought he would stay in Cleveland.. "

http://twitter.com/JaredDudley619

I can't wait for this to be over...

Take it for what it's worth, but Jared Dudley tweeted the following half an hour ago:

"Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!"

"That's what I'm hearing.. I don't care where he goes lol.. I personally thought he would stay in Cleveland.. "

http://twitter.com/JaredDudley619

I can't wait for this to be over...

Ochocinco said the same thing. That's all the proof I need.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/

By Chris Alvino on Jul 07, 2010, 3:46 pm

ESPN Radio’s Jon Rothstein received a text from a member of Chicago’s front office that said the Bulls believe LeBron will be a Knick, and that the Bulls will focus on signing forward Carlos Boozer (which is a great move for them).

Take that for what it is worth… Sounds good to me.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/

Decision to Come Quickly Tomorrow

Tommy Dee on Jul 07, 2010, 5:25 pm

Via AP

An ESPN executive says
LeBron James
will announce his future NBA plans within the first 10 minutes of Thursday night’s hourlong broadcast.

ESPN says Gray and James will be in one location.
A person familiar with the plans, however, tells The Associated Press the interview will take place at the Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich, Conn.

The broadcast also will include a long-form interview with
ESPN personality Mike Wilbon
and others via satellite from ESPN’s studios in Bristol, Conn.

@mikeplugh
: So #LeBron announces in 1st 10 minutes of his show...not NYC=19+ million tuning out. He's either leaving or not smart about TV. You decide.

it has to be the knicks, right ?

why fly everyone out to greenwich if you are staying in cleveland ?

or going anywhere but the nyk ?

does anyone know if the charity is based out of greenwich ?

does his agent have a huge house there ?

cuz if there is no other tie in it almost has to be the nyk

it has to be the knicks, right ?

why fly everyone out to greenwich if you are staying in cleveland ?

or going anywhere but the nyk ?

does anyone know if the charity is based out of greenwich ?

does his agent have a huge house there ?

cuz if there is no other tie in it almost has to be the nyk

It is a main branch, and he is not stupid enough to let location tip his hand after being so secretive.

It is a main branch, and he is not stupid enough to let location tip his hand after being so secretive.

a main branch ? the HQ is atlanta, and the northeast HQ is NYC. the midwest HQ is Illinois, so why not go there ?

meh, not really a good reason to make everyone fly out there

if he comes to the nyk backyard and announces he is staying in cleveland, he will instantly become the biggest

douche-bag-glow.jpg

in pro sports for wasting everyones time and money

Not so fast

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

All indications are that LeBron James is leaning toward signing with the Miami Heat on Thursday night, according to several sources with knowledge of the situation.

Barring a late change of heart, sources say James has decided to join fellow All-Stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to form a potential NBA powerhouse

'The Decision' Is Coming

Where will LeBron James' basketball future take him? The NBA's two-time defending MVP will reveal his destination on "The Decision" on ESPN (Thursday, 9 p.m. ET). Stuart Scott, Jon Barry and Michael Wilbon will host the hourlong special.

James will make his announcement from the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, Conn., during an hourlong special called "The Decision" on ESPN at 9 p.m. ET Thursday. Sales of sponsorship for the program will go to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

Chris Paul, one of James' best friends, has urged him to stay in Cleveland and let new Cavaliers coach Byron Scott coach him, according to sources. With such strong sentiment around him to not go to Miami, it's possible James could alter his decision.

James' family and friends are divided over his decision to play in Miami, according to sources. Opinions range from understanding his desire to play with All-Star teammates, to feeling he is selling himself short by joining Wade's team, to concerns that playing on such a power-packed squad will hurt his brand even if he wins championships.

James worked hard to help the Cavaliers improve their roster, sources said. He tried to sell Bosh on the idea of going to Cleveland, but the 6-foot-11 forward was adamant he did not want to play in northeast Ohio.

While sources close to James insist his heart is in Cleveland and remaining with the Cavaliers was his preferred choice, they say he had concerns about signing a six-year deal there and ending up "31 years old, with bad knees and no title."

ESPN.com reported June 28 that James, Wade and Bosh held a scaled-down version of the free-agent summit originally suggest

Windhorst: LeBron's last stand?

If LeBron James is concerned about his choice, he is hiding it well. The free agent appeared worry free the day before his made-for-TV special. Story

Archived