Lebron to announce decision Thursday Night at 9pm on ESPN

Matt39

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, do the Knicks look like ****. For 2 years, they've told everyone "we're going to suck now, but we're going to be free of the cap and we're going to land big players"... and none of the big 3 want to go to the Knicks.

This is no different than how no free agents wanted to come to the Jets a few years ago... Gotta hand it to Amare, he showed much more testicular fortitude coming to NY alone than Lefonzie did by following Wade and Bosh to Miami...

2 years of sucking on top of the 6-8 years of sucking prior to that, and they are going to be a 500 team at best...

Egg all over their faces. Better or not, they sold to their fan base landing LeBron for 2 years...

A lot of teams are left out, and most did sell the LeBron dream to the fan base. While I hate Dolan, nobody can help the fact that LeBron isn't a leader, and needs others to win.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

espn.com did a "most positive impression" poll of sportsnation, asking about lebron, kobe, wade, howard, and durant

durant won, but what was more interesting was that LeBron finished behind Kobe. LeBron got 12% of the vote. Considering how much Kobe is hated, that's amazing.

also here's Cavs owner Dan Gilbert's letter:

espn.com did a "most positive impression" poll of sportsnation, asking about lebron, kobe, wade, howard, and durant

durant won, but what was more interesting was that LeBron finished behind Kobe. LeBron got 12% of the vote. Considering how much Kobe is hated, that's amazing.

I like the letter.

LMFAo wow that letter is awesome.

Actual quotes from ESPN personalities:

"I don't think people understand the sacrifice LeBron James is making here."

"Can Cleveland really be that upset? I mean, they had him for seven years!"

"LeBron is an Ohio guy. Even if he wins elsewhere, he'll be representing Ohio."

[reacting to Gilbert's letter] "Talk about putting the 'whine' in wine-and-gold!"

No surprise that ESPN would bend over backwards to defend the indefensible when it comes to one of their guys, but their barely concealed glee at the demise of professional basketball in Cleveland is pretty repulsive even by Mothership standards.

sigh. why am i not surprised

ESPN.com sources: Miami has agree to a trade with Minnesota that will send Michael Beasley to the Wolves. Link forthcoming

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Way to go David Kahn. Your incompetency knows no limits.

Reportedly, the trade is for a 2nd round pick and swap of 1st round picks next year. I mean, yes, low risk high reward. you just basically take on his rookie salary. But holy crap, he just willingly freed up cap space for the Heat to add a decent player above the Veteran minimum.

sigh. why am i not surprised

ESPN.com sources: Miami has agree to a trade with Minnesota that will send Michael Beasley to the Wolves. Link forthcoming

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Way to go David Kahn. Your incompetency knows no limits.

Reportedly, the trade is for a 2nd round pick and swap of 1st round picks next year. I mean, yes, low risk high reward. you just basically take on his rookie salary. But holy crap, he just willingly freed up cap space for the Heat to add a decent player above the Veteran minimum.

That is amazing.

Kahn is epically bad.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

and the competitiveness of the NBA dies some more.
So the Celtics and Lakers won't be splitting up the championships on a regular basis?

The NBA has sold the cap as a panacea, but we have instead seen that good management wins out over time no matter what. And further the NBA is the least competitive league of any of the major American sports. The cap is nonsense. This ws more proof.Unless you like numerous franchises intentionally tanking several seasons for nothing. Is that "competitive balance" ?

And paying uninsurable Stoudamire that much money is going to again be a another huge Knick mistake. But the Knicks have Isiah Thomas waiting to come back, so you got that going for you.

Jim Dolan-not just a total asshat, but a rich one. For now.

Thats definitely a reason they accept less money..

And it seems totally lost on many people.

In Florida he gets everything except federal taxes on all his income.

IN NY he would pay at least an additional 10%+ to the state and city on all his inomce-salary, endorsements, appearance fees.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

I like his spirit but, not never, I'm sorry.

I'm sure there's ways around paying the taxes if he would've signed with New York. I don't buy the 'tax relief' argument.

King_James_Suitors.gif

The NBA salary cap and their exceptions are a joke.

LeBron just went from a beloved superstar to hated by millions because of this ridiculous show to announce where he's going.

What a great night. I hope he realizes how much he killed his reputation tonight.

He's been always been pos with his whinny attitude and his antics on the sideline acting like a complete child. Guy acts like he owns the NBA and he hasnt done ****. The culmination of his posness though was 2008 when they lost to Orlando and he refused to recognize losing to the better team, he refused to shake the hands of the Orlando Magic and then when he had time to redeem himself in a press conference, he stuck with his statements about how he's not going to show homage to a lesser team. ****ing punk, you dont lose to a lesser team in a 7 game series, especially when you only won 1 game and it was on a lucky banked in 3.

He's an absolute bitch. One of my least favorite players in all of sports. Cant stand him at all and this is the icing on the cake. I hope they dont win ****. I hope Cleveland wins before him...it would be epic.

His reputation to me, has been nothing but a pos for years now.

Archived