Lebron to announce decision Thursday Night at 9pm on ESPN

Matt39

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I CAN'T wait to play the Knicks!!!!!:P

LOL.

The Knicks suck. Everyone knows that including Knick fans.

You really are a bitch. Like someone said, pick on someone your own size like Lakers and Celtics.

I can't wait for the Heat to come through Orlando.

Meh, as a Knicks and Magic fan...this couldnt really be any worse.

Orlando will not be any where near as good as they've been next season if they dont totally revamp their team.

Vince sucks. Lewis sucks. Nelson is average. The Magic have a ton of work to do now...a ton.

LOL.

You really are a bitch. Like someone said, pick on someone your own size like Lakers and Celtics.

Can we at least wait until they fill out the roster before declaring that the Knicks suck?

If nothing else, they should be exciting to watch next year and can add more pieces next offseason.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd rather have this roster than be in cap hell and continuing to move bad contracts and draft picks for even worse contracts.

LOL.

Of the course the road to a title is through Boston int he East and LA int he Finals but the team i hate the most is the Knicks. And after 2 years of bullsh*t talk about how the King is comming to NYC it makes it that much more sweeter to see him go to the Garden in a Heat jersey and destroy the team i hate the most. Your organzation is so bad as well as fans i'm sure they will still wear King James jersey's saying "5 more years and LEbron is comming to NY!" lmao

Did somebody who jumps on and off the Miami Heat bandwagon - like most of their "fans" - just claim that the Knicks have a bad fanbase?

Yea i'm bandwagon. Born and raised here Hector. First of my family to be raised here instead of NY. Listen, knick fans stand by their team, they are not bad fans, i will retract that statement. But when you see your fanbase wearing Knick Jerseys with the oppenents name on it, thats a disgrace.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

This letter was a stupid idea by Gilbert... He acted and wrote this for no purpose other than to satisfy his emotions. As the owner of the Cavaliers...He is the CEO of a BUSINESS ENTITY. For seven years he enjoyed the luxury of being able to draft one of NBA's most elite players because his team royally sucked an an annual basis and as a result, was given the top draft pick. LBJ single-handedly turned the Cavs from the perennial jokes of the NBA to perennial contenders. Again, Gilbert and his CREW had SEVEN YEARS to draft players, make trades, and sign free agents to put a team around Lebron... He and his organization failed miserably.

Now his best player is gone, and Gilbert is being a little girl trashing him, the player that gave him SO MUCH business over the past seven years despite his own incompetence, for making a decision that the player feels is best for him.

I understand and agree with the anger towards LBJ many basketball fans have displayed... But Gilbert is being a complete hypocrite in this letter. Gilbert--You EMBRACED the "King James" mantra and such for seven years while he was on your team. You erected signs above the stadium with those words, you sold shirts with those words, you sold an infinite amount of jerseys and had more national attention than you could ever imagine because of Lebron James for seven years. Lebron left, and I understand you're upset. But as an owner, of all people... You should know best that this is a BUSINESS. Despite constant incompetence, LBJ never once bashed Gilbert or the Cavs organization... Never once called out his coach in public, never once blamed a loss on his teammates or management. He was CONSTANTLY playing hurt and would be willing to play 48 minutes if his team needed him too. He was everything Dan Gilbert could have dreamed of, and then some, for seven years!!!

Do you think Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, or any other high profile NBA player is reading this letter and thinking that this is an organization that they would want to play for?

Its no wonder the Cavs are once again bound to be the perennial jokes of the NBA for years to come. James Dolan, meet your newest best friend...He's just out-done you for worst owner in the NBA.

very well put.

I read where the NHL has jumped ahead of the NBA in average attendance the last few years..

And the avg ticket for a NHL game is a few dollars more than a NBA ticket per the article. (N.H.L. avg. $51.41, NBA is $49.47)

Has the NBA basically become nothing more than a TV spectacle for the lower class? Has the middle/upper class given up on the boring NBA game and just has no interest in attending in person?

I read where the NHL has jumped ahead of the NBA in average attendance the last few years..

And the avg ticket for a NHL game is a few dollars more than a NBA ticket per the article.

Has the NBA basically become nothing more than a TV spectacle for the lower class? Has the middle/upper class given up on the boring NBA game and just has no interest in attending in person?

Come on man....you're making yourself look foolish and ignorant with comments like this.

Come on man....you're making yourself look foolish and ignorant with comments like this.

isnt the biggest TV demographics in cities for most part???

I would surmise the avg salary TV demos for all major sports has NBA by far the lowest..

NFL, MLB, NHL, NFL...not even close.

Its a fair discussion point.

Agreed. Not only is the statement of trying to peg a SOCIAL class to it silly, just the whole attendance argument in itself is pointless.

1. NFL - 67,508.69 (2009 season)

2. MLB - 30,213.37 (2009 season)

3. MLS - 18,452.14 (2010 season, as of 04/11/2010)

4. NBA - 17,149.61 (2009/10 season)

5. NHL - 16,985.31 (2009/10 season)

isnt the biggest TV demographics in cities for most part???

I would surmise the avg salary TV demos for all major sports has NBA by far the lowest..

NFL, MLB, NHL, NFL...not even close.

Its a fair discussion point.

No it's not. It's called reaching.

No it's not. It's called reaching.

nah

great discussion point..u r wrong , haha

average consumer for a tv show or sport,,

some shows have lower ratings, but charge higher commercial cost cause the average viewer makes more money and spends more in marketplace,,

I think the NBA is going in the direction of average viewer not having a great buying power other than sneakers and power drinks..

as opposed to NFL, golf etc pushing TVs, cars etc...

just Marketing 101

carry on :D

nah

great discussion point..u r wrong , haha

average consumer for a tv show or sport,,

some shows have lower ratings, but charge higher commercial cost cause the average viewer makes more money and spends more in marketplace,,

I think the NBA is going in the direction of average viewer not having a great buying power other than sneakers and power drinks..

as opposed to NFL, golf etc pushing TVs, cars etc...

just Marketing 101

carry on :D

For being such an educated affluent guy that doesn't watch the boring NBA and watches the NFL, you sure can't type worth a ****.

The difference is marginal. If you look at the statistics you're talking about 2-3% variances in salary ranges. The "Marketing 101" you're talking about probably has more to do with age demographics than $$.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolphann4life

I find it hard to believe that Bosh Wade and Lebron will all be in Miami...it's a pipe dream. But, if for some crazy reason it happened i'm getting season tix immediatley! Thursday is gona feel like christmas morning.

Sounds pretty bandwagon to me.

hahaha

Hey, the way you type is the way you present yourself to people on the internet.

But for such an affluent person like yourself, I'm sure that doesn't matter,,,,, 2 u.

:rl:

priceless

ya, my abbreviated typing on JetNation does all that :bwahaharoll:

again, priceless

priceless

ya, my abbreviated typing on JetNation does all that :bwahaharoll:

again, priceless

Let me guess. You're in your what? 40's-50's? And you're probably white.

Which just happens to be one of the lowest age/race demo's for the NBA and significantly higher for the NFL. So you're obvious dislike and agenda against the game is fairly obvious. What I don't understand is you're quoting and bashing on a Miami fan for hanging out on this forum while in the mean time, you don't even like the NBA, yet you're in here trying to pontificate about the fact that it's a poor persons sport.

You're right, the typing doesn't present the kind of person you are, the baseless argument does though. :random smiley:

I don't follow.

Your the smart guy around here, what don't you understand? Knicks fans wearing an opposing players name on a Knicks Jersey is a disgrace. I'm sure the team is thrilled that their fans are rooting for the oppositions player. This alone, besides my hatred for the Knicks makes me happy that LeBron broke their hearts.

Let me guess. You're in your what? 40's-50's? And you're probably white.

Which just happens to be one of the lowest age/race demo's for the NBA and significantly higher for the NFL. So you're obvious dislike and agenda against the game is fairly obvious. What I don't understand is you're quoting and bashing on a Miami fan for hanging out on this forum while in the mean time, you don't even like the NBA, yet you're in here trying to pontificate about the fact that it's a poor persons sport.

You're right, the typing doesn't present the kind of person you are, the baseless argument does though. :random smiley:

keep it coming.

you are hilarious :D

Archived