Welcome To JetNation

Maxman

Hello Courntey. It's your favorite Panda here. (L7Panda)

Stop being nice to Phil.

Thanks.

Phil pays my bills!

Oh I see what you are doing here. Sorry, I forgot to publicly thank you.

Thanks for putting together the video.  

:)

...Thanks Phil.  Electric bill is due the 20th.

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2005 at 1:47 PM, Maxman said:

Welcome to your new home for Jets news and discussion. The owners of Jetnation (TomShane and Maxman) ask you to follow two simple rules:

1. No cursing

2. No nudity

The rest we will make up as we go along. Thanks for stopping by. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Oh and Go Jets!

While you're in Disney World, do the 2 simple rules still apply?

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was the front man.

I mean this in all sincerity and intend it as a compliment, but this is surprising to me.  Only because the fact that ever message board "main guy" I have ever come across walks the straight and narrow and definitely tries to skew towards the positive, usually in an over the top manner.  I am impressed, not that you likely care or we're trying to impress anyone.

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I mean this in all sincerity and intend it as a compliment, but this is surprising to me.  Only because the fact that ever message board "main guy" I have ever come across walks the straight and narrow and definitely tries to skew towards the positive, usually in an over the top manner.  I am impressed, not that you likely care or we're trying to impress anyone.

He’s a loose cannon. And Senor Gato is Nick Cannon.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

A quick recap: the whole reason JetNation happened in the first place was because a group of people on JI would constantly rip on the Jets, mercilessly clowning Herm Edwards and Terry Bradway. The owner of JI was desperately trying to get “in” with the sh*thole Jets franchise and set about trying to censor the content on the site to make it more palatable to the Jets media relations douchebag (a guy named Doug Miller). Long story short, JN was built on a foundation of grievance posting and running trains on godless Jets homers. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A quick recap: the whole reason JetNation happened in the first place was because a group of people on JI would constantly rip on the Jets, mercilessly clowning Herm Edwards and Terry Bradway. The owner of JI was desperately trying to get “in” with the sh*thole Jets franchise and set about trying to censor the content on the site to make it more palatable to the Jets media relations douchebag (a guy named Doug Miller). Long story short, JN was built on a foundation of grievance posting and running trains on godless Jets homers. 

Thanks for the history lesson.  I did not know that.  Interesting.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When @Maxman sets up the blogs can you and he blog a little more in depth about the story?

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did the JI people sell their blog to the Jets (or some big company)?  And did they make a lot of money off it?

P.S.  nice use of the word "sh*thole".  Very current!  :)

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Thanks for the history lesson.  I did not know that.  Interesting.

Nor did I.  Definitely interesting stuff.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I noticed people would talk about JI and a lot of people migrated from there but had no idea that’s how it went down.. cool stuff. Yeah, i’d say the site has winded up being the most enjoyable and successful on the internet in all honesty. I came from TheGangGreen.com board .. I was banned for whatever reason ..stopped posting for awhile but felt a real need to talk Jets football so I began  looking for a new one. Came across this one. Best decision I could of made. I remember the first poster I remember seeing post here when I was scouting it out here trying to see if i wanted to sign up..his name was “Black” something ...Quagmire avatar. Wonder what happened to him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 8:17 PM, Patriot Killa said:

I noticed people would talk about JI and a lot of people migrated from there but had no idea that’s how it went down.. cool stuff. Yeah, i’d say the site has winded up being the most enjoyable and successful on the internet in all honesty. I came from TheGangGreen.com board .. I was banned for whatever reason ..stopped posting for awhile but felt a real need to talk Jets football so I began  looking for a new one. Came across this one. Best decision I could of made. I remember the first poster I remember seeing post here when I was scouting it out here trying to see if i wanted to sign up..his name was “Black” something ...Quagmire avatar. Wonder what happened to him.

Blackout?

Archived