Drummer Travis Barker set to release first album since plane crash...

Blackout

good for him....guy's gone through a lot the last 2 years.

__

Following two years muddled with tragedy, drummer Travis Barker is getting back to his music linking with some of hip-hop's biggest names for his upcoming solo release. In addition to the roster we previously reported, Barker has added Raekwon, Slaughterhouse and Kurupt to the untitled project.

"I'm producing and making all the music and then I'm getting all my favorite rappers and vocalist to be a part of it so it's been a dream come true," he told The BoomBox. "It's been amazing.

Everyone from like RZA, and Raekwon to Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Swizz Beatz, Slaughterhouse. "It's crazy. It's been really really fun. We just got Kurupt on a song, so I've been working my butt off. I can't wait for everyone to hear it."

In 2008, Barker and friend DJ AM were the lone survivors in a plane crash that killed the remaining four passengers. Following his recovery from the crash, Barker suffered the loss of DJ AM, who died of an accidental drug overdose last year. "After everything that happened that was my base, my kids [and] my music. When you have something so ill happen to you it's kind of a wake up call, and you're just appreciative."

Barker's new album hits stores this September.

_________

he added my favorite group (Slaughterhouse) to the roster so he's got my sale. never was a blink 182 fan lol

Archived