Classy move by the Red Sox...

NIGHT STALKER

It's a shame to see Boston make more of an effort to pay tribute than the Yankees own players. If this article tells the whole story, it's disgusting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2010/07/16/2010-07-16_yanks_fail_to_show_stripes.html

Easy there, Joe Buck. Shepphard didnt have relationships with the players from what I understand. He wasnt even a big sports fan either.

I can't go killing someone for not showing up at a funeral. Its a personal decision. I'm not going tojudge someone off of that.

Easy there, Joe Buck. Shepphard didnt have relationships with the players from what I understand. He wasnt even a big sports fan either.

I can't go killing someone for not showing up at a funeral. Its a personal decision. I'm not going tojudge someone off of that.

The man gave 58 years of his life to the Yankees and not a single one of their players could take an hour out of their day to say "thanks". I tell it like it is, and that's just hideous.

It's a shame to see Boston make more of an effort to pay tribute than the Yankees own players. If this article tells the whole story, it's disgusting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2010/07/16/2010-07-16_yanks_fail_to_show_stripes.html

It was kind of funny some fan called 1050 complaining that there were no players at the funeral and proceeded to call the Yankees and Jeter classless. In the same breath he described how he brought his camera hoping to take some pictures with the players. A camera...to a funeral and he is calling other people classless?

I'd bet he wasn't the fan who went to the funeral for reasons other than to pay respects and I'd bet thats what keeps players away.

It was kind of funny some fan called 1050 complaining that there were no players at the funeral and proceeded to call the Yankees and Jeter classless. In the same breath he described how he brought his camera hoping to take some pictures with the players. A camera...to a funeral and he is calling other people classless?

I'd bet he wasn't the fan who went to the funeral for reasons other than to pay respects and I'd bet thats what keeps players away.

The guy is a complete douce for bringing a camera to a funeral for photo ops. Still no excuse for the Yanks to send him off with a big eff you.

jets mets cuz they ryhme...

giants and yankees usually cuz there more classy teams and have more frontrunner fans

========================

That right there is a quality post from a linking spammer. I removed the links and banned your account. I appreciate you trying to stay on topic though. You are a good spammer if there is such a thing.

+1

+1
Don't understand how some guy off the street who didn't know Bob Sheppard other than from being the PA announcer thought it appropraite to do that. Really sad about Mr. Sheppard; HOW ABOUT A PICTURE AND AUTOGRAPH? And people wonder why players get jaded.

In fairness to the players, he was a guy at their place of business that few knew much beyond hi, hello. And also the funeral and wake were held during the All Star break. Many of these guys probably had plans to see their families or friends for a few days for the first time since February. It might have been classy if any showed up, but unless you go to every funeral of every employee at your place of business, doubt that's really a fair knock.

Archived