The Official ****Keep Joe Namath on the JN Banner Petition****

i remember shea

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
egads, 500? I was thinking more along the lines of 50. i take it that by your post you are therefore on the bandwagon.

+4 with Nightstalker

c'mon people!

Make it a poll and let he posters vote -- better than sifting through a crap load of messages. Max will hear our cries - JOW WILLIE JOE WILLIE JOE WILLIE:p

All we have is history. Im tired of Joe. Time for new blood on the banner for a championship season. Time for new Jet heroes to emerge.

Bang.

I'd throw Rex up there but there'd be no room. For the first time in a LONG time the New York Jets look like an elite team in the NFL, let's focus on the present.

i dont consider 35 young.

:)

And I appreciate our history, but Im tired of Joe being our history. He sold his soul to the devil and he is the reason why we havent won jack schit since.

Time for some new blood. Time for the Sanchize!

I'm old enough to be your father, so you're young to me. It's fine if you want to put up Sanchez (even though he hasn't done squat yet), all I'm saying is to include a "part" of Jets history...it's not like this franchise is rich in it.

I'm old enough to be your father, so you're young to me. It's fine if you want to put up Sanchez (even though he hasn't done squat yet), all I'm saying is to include a "part" of Jets history...it's not like this franchise is rich in it.

Hold your ground Night Stalker. I think the older crowd's point is that we don't necessarily want Broadway Joe instead of some young faces...just that he will always be remembered as the face of this franchise (through thick and thin....jimminy crickets there has been so much thin) and it would be nice to keep him up there in addition to the new blood.

Hold your ground Night Stalker. I think the older crowd's point is that we don't necessarily want Broadway Joe instead of some young faces...just that he will always be remembered as the face of this franchise (through thick and thin....jimminy crickets there has been so much thin) and it would be nice to keep him up there in addition to the new blood.

It's really tough when some in our own fan base don't want the SB MVP of our only SB appearance and win as part of the banner...tough times for sure.

Why does it have to be limited to 4?

Put the four best players of our past on the left (Namath, Maynard, Klecko, Martin).

Put the 4 best current players on the right (Sanchez, Revis, Mangold, Harris).

Separate them with the JN logo in the middle.

Just a suggestion...

Honestly I think it should be JETS fans in the header, not players.

This is a fan site, rotate a bunch of them and keep people looking to see if theirs gets up there.

You can send money right to my paypal account for the awesome idea max.

It's really tough when some in our own fan base don't want the SB MVP of our only SB appearance and win as part of the banner...tough times for sure.

Maybe people are sick of the same ol' same ol'

Maybe people are sick of the same ol' same ol'

Until we win another, he stays. I'm not sick of the fact that he won SB3, I'm sick of the fact that the rest of the jets teams in history haven't! OUR ONE SIGN OF SUCCESS our ONE BRILLIANT MOMENT he stays!!!!

+1

P.S. I wasn't born until decades after SBIII but I think you've got to show love to the only team that did it for us

Honestly I think it should be JETS fans in the header, not players.

This is a fan site, rotate a bunch of them and keep people looking to see if theirs gets up there.

You can send money right to my paypal account for the awesome idea max.

Honestly, this is a GREAT idea. Have like a "Featured Fans" section with all the past and present winners. Each week, the winners are on the banner.

It isn't that Joe led us to our moment of glory.

It is that he led us to the one of the two greatest moments in sports history, (the Mets won the World Series the same year).

All the guys who write in newspapers and magazines and who talk sports on the radio had to Shut The Hell Up, because that year they didn't know squat.

Joe must be there. Even if we win the Super Bowl this year, he should still be up there. The world will not soon forget Super Bowl III.

Archived