Neutral Milk Hotel

drago

I heard a lot of good reviews about them so i downloaded In the Aeroplane... not really my cup of tea, but I can see why others like them.

I hear ya. When i first heard them i couldn't tell if i was going to really like them or get tired of his voice. So far, i really like him. It's sort of the Bob Dylan complex, if you can accept his voice and listen to the words...an obessions begins. :lol:

They haven't performed in years. Mangum pops up playing solo appearances every once in a while, but they're few and far between. His voice is still fantastic.

That's what the guy told me when i was trying to buy a CD of theirs. From what I heard, it is an interesting back story.

Maybe he'll come to summerfest some time. I won't hold my breath though...

Whats with the names of bands these days?

The Milf Hotel would have been better.

I was thinking the same. It's hard to say i'm a fan of 'neutral milk hotel' ...just cause of the name...same with 'spoon' and the 'melvins'...IMO

The String Cheese Incident :confused:

Here's a couple bands I like with names that might not make sense.

Porcupine Tree

Pineapple Thief

A guitar duo I saw opening for Steve Morse last Jan. in SF was called Lapdance Armageddon.

I guess a name's just a name.

Maybe he'll come to summerfest some time. I won't hold my breath though...

Nah, he never does concerts really. There are good bootlegs floating around if you want to get a feel for what type of performer he is. There's a great recording of a set he did in New Zealand which I highly recommend.

That's what the guy told me when i was trying to buy a CD of theirs.

It gets old by the time you have to replace Aeroplane for the third or fourth time because people keep stealing it. It's literally impossible to buy that record without getting the whole spiel from the hipster doofus behind the counter. They just get this irresistible urge to proselytize like anybody gives a **** what they were doing the first time they heard Ghost.

It gets old by the time you have to replace Aeroplane for the third or fourth time because people keep stealing it. It's literally impossible to buy that record without getting the whole spiel from the hipster doofus behind the counter. They just get this irresistible urge to proselytize like anybody gives a **** what they were doing the first time they heard Ghost.

I don't mind their insight. A lot of what those people have to say is stuff i don't know...I mean, they don't generally spout off about the Beatles...which most people know about...it usually new stuff to me....Maybe i'm just ignorant...

LOL, this band gets A LOT of play for being so little known and whose best, if I think last, album was a quite a few years ago. Weird but I remember on JI a lot of people were posting about them too a few years back, I think they had their own thread there too at one time.

Anyway King Carrots Flowers and In The Aeroplane Over the Sea are GREAT songs imo. There songs a very hit or miss for me. I can't just play the whole CD sort of thing but the Ann Frank dedication stuff is very cool imo.

Is this b/c Trey from Phish likes to cover them? Just wondering.

Archived