jets lookin at NEDNEY....

spjets

-- Nedney Update --

Wed Mar 9, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

#

FFMastermind.com Titans correspondent Terry McCormick reports for the City Paper that former Titans PK Joe Nedney, still hoping to re-sign in Tennessee to compete with newcomer PK Ola Kimrin this summer, has had contact with the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets about their kicking vacancies. Nedney, who has missed all but one half of the past two seasons, has been medically cleared to resume all kicking activities.

I said Nedney two weeks ago and got killed for it.

Nedney would be an improvement.

Max

Nedney has hardly played the last two years because of injuries. Not exactly a great way to advertise your services to an employer.

Max

Nedney has hardly played the last two years because of injuries. Not exactly a great way to advertise your services to an employer.

Him hardly playing means he has missed very few field goals the past two years!

That is more than I can say about Brien.

The glass is half full my friend!

Him hardly playing means he has missed very few field goals the past two years!

That is more than I can say about Brien.

The glass is half full my friend!

I wouldn't want to be Brien in a clutch situation and miss...again! I think for all concerned it would be best for him and the Jets to part ways. Don't know if Nedney is the answer though...

I wouldn't want to be Brien in a clutch situation and miss...again! I think for all concerned it would be best for him and the Jets to part ways. Don't know if Nedney is the answer though...

Herm...agreed 100%.

Brien needs to go. I would like to see a better replacement than Nedney here but I am willing to settle!

Max: I searched your posts and found nothing that said you were calling for Nedney. If you want to spread falsehoods, go somewhere else.

It was right in the post where I said that Jetnation.com will have 204 users by their 2 week anniversary. I was laughed at for that as well!

If you build it they will come.

Max

Faba - I hear you on the injuries, but wonder if the last 2 weren't circumstantial. I don't know. I think the guy is an incredible athlete and if he's healthy and could stay that way - he would be a great addition.

Faba - I hear you on the injuries, but wonder if the last 2 weren't circumstantial. I don't know. I think the guy is an incredible athlete and if he's healthy and could stay that way - he would be a great addition.

Nedney had some serious injury problems the last two years-it does not hurt to bring him in to see what his physical condition is though Newjetser

A lot of kicking success is the mental part and I have no confidence in Brien to be able to handle that for us any more.

he was medically cleared - what was his injury?

This is the best link I could find:

Joe Nedney

Nedney missed most of the past two seasons with knee and hamstring ailments.

I seem to remember his knee injury was torn ligaments. I think he did it trying to tackle someone on a kick off return.

I said Nedney two weeks ago and got killed for it.

Nedney would be an improvement.

Same here.

On the JI site, I found an article about a month ago about the Titans possibly losing a bunch of players due to the cap and free agency.

People quickly dismissed the guy byut I definetly believe he's worth a shot.

Archived