Some guys make it and some guys don't in NY

NIGHT STALKER

So far, Granderson isn't. The guy was projected to hit 30 dingers and he's on pace to hit 14 and batting in the .230's. I can see him gone after this season at his current pace...especially the way Swisher and Gardy are performing...hello Carl Crawford.

So far, Granderson isn't. The guy was projected to hit 30 dingers and he's on pace to hit 14 and batting in the .230's. I can see him gone after this season at his current pace...especially the way Swisher and Gardy are performing...hello Carl Crawford.

So the Yankees will add Crawford AND Lee this off season?

What a great system.

What a great system.

You are basing your thoughts on the system based on the thoughts of another message board poster?

Some thought process.

What a great system.

Don't blame the Yankees...blame the system. Maybe the Mets should give it a shot one of these days or you can go the route of the Rays and stink up the joint for years and garner #1 picks.

You are basing your thoughts on the system based on the thoughts of another message board poster?

Some thought process.

It has been WIDELY speculated throughout baseball and the media that the Yankees are going to make a run at Lee after the off season. Based on their near trade, and subsequent whining, that does not appear to be a stretch.

Yes, I am basing the Yankees getting Crawford based on the speculation of the poster on a message board. It was his idea. That is kind of how these things work-You make a comment based on another person's ideas.

He introduced Crawford. I introduced Lee based on what has been speculated.

Not a big reach.

You trying to pick a fight with me, big boy?

Don't blame the Yankees...blame the system. Maybe the Mets should give it a shot one of these days or you can go the route of the Rays and stink up the joint for years and garner #1 picks.

It seems I did exactly that. And I have always equated the Mets as a part of that bad system.

You just seem to become a little prissy, when it is brought to your attention, for some reason.

It seems I did exactly that. And I have always equated the Mets as a part of that bad system.

You just seem to become a little prissy, when it is brought to your attention, for some reason.

Prissy? I've been called a lot of things in my life, but "prissy" hasn't been one of them...first time for everything I guess...feeling a little down Scotty? Hey, maybe your Mets will still surprise you one of these days...:rolleyes:

Prissy? I've been called a lot of things in my life, but "prissy" hasn't been one of them...first time for everything I guess...feeling a little down Scotty? Hey, maybe your Mets will still surprise you one of these days...:rolleyes:

You will get called, how you act. You seem to recoil and become defensive (NS knee jerk reaction is if someone mentions the Yankees, quick, mention how their team is not as successful). That is prissy.

Maybe my Mets will surprise some day. Maybe.

I promise when they do, I will not put other team's fans down, just because my sport team happens to be successful. At least I hope not. That is boorish.

You will get called, how you act. You seem to recoil and become defensive (NS knee jerk reaction is if someone mentions the Yankees, quick, mention how their team is not as successful). That is prissy.

I promise when they do, I will not put other team's fans down, just because my sport team happens to be successful. At least I hope not. That is boorish.

For your benefit, I took down the 27 championships in my sig...sometimes silence is best.

I started a thread on Granderson and you had to jump it...what do we call that?

Me commenting on the system of baseball if the Yankees were to land Lee and Crawford in the off season.

Doesn't make too much sense to me. The system is not a "Yankees system"...any team with money and or players to trade can sign those guys...send a fax to Wilpon. Maybe he didn't get the system memo.

It's not boorish to bring up the system everytime there is a thread about the Yankees? Sure he mentioned Crawford, but it's not like Granderson isn't getting paid.

Me commenting on the system of baseball if the Yankees were to land Lee and Crawford in the off season.

The system blows, we all know that. The thing is that smart management will generally win out over time. Money doesn't always equal brains, but it certainly helps you get there. The Yankees and the other haves aren't the whole problem, there are plenty of have nots that are happily sucking their way along making money.

Now as for Granderson, have some patience. The guy has been dinged. IMO he'll be fine. Plenty of Yankee heros have had ****ty years which are completely forgotten if they produce in the post-season.

Doesn't make too much sense to me. The system is not a "Yankees system"...any team with money and or players to trade can sign those guys...send a fax to Wilpon. Maybe he didn't get the system memo.

I NEVER said it was a YANKEES thing, I repeated SYSTEM. You, in your knee jerk reaction, just always think the system only benefits the Yankees, when others bring it up.

Most teams are not in the position to trade for players approaching free agency, give up prospects, and risk losing that player to Free Agency. That is a big market approach, and a system failure. One of many.

There only a certain select few teams that can afford to sign these players at Free Agency. Another fault of the system.

I keep saying system, you keep hearing Yankees. Defensive fans do that.

It's not boorish to bring up the system everytime there is a thread about the Yankees? Sure he mentioned Crawford, but it's not like Granderson isn't getting paid.

The system blows, we all know that. The thing is that smart management will generally win out over time. Money doesn't always equal brains, but it certainly helps you get there. The Yankees and the other haves aren't the whole problem, there are plenty of have nots that are happily sucking their way along making money.

Now as for Granderson, have some patience. The guy has been dinged. IMO he'll be fine. Plenty of Yankee heros have had ****ty years which are completely forgotten if they produce in the post-season.

Having money can certainly help make you look a lot smarter and cover a lot of stupidity.

I NEVER said it was a YANKEES thing, I repeated SYSTEM. You, in your knee jerk reaction, just always think the system only benefits the Yankees, when others bring it up.

Most teams are not in the position to trade for players approaching free agency, give up prospects, and risk losing that player to Free Agency. That is a big market approach, and a system failure. One of many.

There only a certain select few teams that can afford to sign these players at Free Agency. Another fault of the system.

I keep saying system, you keep hearing Yankees. Defensive fans do that.

No Scotty, you're in every Yankees thread...I've told you before, start a Mets thread on how the system can help your Mets. And yes, I will always defend the Yanks because of fans like you who are always dropping negativity in every Yankees thread...move on. Again, start a Mets thread.

Then again, I guess you feel your Mets are not "big market" and thus the reason for your envy...yes, envy. You reek of it.

No Scotty, you're in every Yankees thread...I've told you before, start a Mets thread on how the system can help your Mets. And yes, I will always defend the Yanks because of fans like you who are always dropping negativity in every Yankees thread...move on. Again, start a Mets thread.

Then again, I guess you feel your Mets are not "big market" and thus the reason for your envy...yes, envy. You reek of it.

NS, I have said MANY times, that the Mets are part of the system problem.

I had hoped for the "scorched earth" approach to the strike in teh last labor negotiations.

It is a bad system, and certain teams are beneficiaries of that. It weakens a great sport.

That you are sensitive, when it is brought up in regard to your team, is on you.

NS, I have said MANY times, that the Mets are part of the system problem.

I had hoped for the "scorched earth" approach to the strike in teh last labor negotiations.

It is a bad system, and certain teams are beneficiaries of that. It weakens a great sport.

That you are sensitive, when it is brought up in regard to your team, is on you.

Not sensitive either Scotty...just defending my territory. Listen, I'm out of piss for you, maybe another Yankees fan needs to take a leak...I'm done.

Makes me sick that teams can't hold on to their talent. Crawford's such a great player, i'd hate to see him switch teams...what a joke.

Makes me sick that teams can't hold on to their talent. Crawford's such a great player, i'd hate to see him switch teams...what a joke.

Brewers are going to have issues with Fielder, also. Looks like Hart may be a goner, also.

The Small Market clubs have become farm systems for the Large Market teams. The small Market clubs draft, develop and then ultimately get outbid for premium talent they developed.

Brewers are going to have issues with Fielder, also. Looks like Hart may be a goner, also.

The Small Market clubs have become farm systems for the Large Market teams. The small Market clubs draft, develop and then ultimately get outbid for premium talent they developed.

Small market clubs get there shot every 10 to 20 years. Brewers had theirs when they had sabathia. Now it's just back to the dark ages for another 20 years. No way we can keep fielder, we were lucky to keep Braun.

Now the count down is for when Gallardo's contract is up.

We had our shot...Time to get back to being destroyed year in and year out.

I've been saying since it didn't happen that the Yankees made a very un-Yankeelike mistake in not signing Carlos Beltran. Bernie was leaving, Beltran was a truly elite CF talent entering his prime, and this is a franchise used to having truly elite CFers.

This is a franchise with two of the top 5 CFs of all time and at least 3 others in the top 50 (Combs, Bernie, and Murcer)....and then another all time great in Henderson, who manned CF before Bernie. Granderson's a nice player, but I'm not sure he's THAT nice.

All that bs said....He'll be fine because this is ARod/Tex/Cano/CC's team...he's just a complimentary piece to the puzzle until an internal talent is developed (Heathcott or someone).

Granderson was sliding before he came to NY. I have no idea why the Yanks even made the deal.

The advantage for the Yanks is that they can write it off and go get someone else next year if they want.

This deal was so uneeded. The Yanks would have been fine with either Melky or even Austin Jackson.

That's a total crock of ****. San Francisco, San Diego, Colorado, Cincy, Texas, Minnesota, and Tampa are all in the bottom half of MLB payrolls. That's 7 of the lowest 15 (almost 50%) payroll teams in MLB that are in the post-season conversation.

That's a total crock of ****. San Francisco, San Diego, Colorado, Cincy, Texas, Minnesota, and Tampa are all in the bottom half of MLB payrolls. That's 7 of the lowest 15 (almost 50%) payroll teams in MLB that are in the post-season conversation.

Of those teams you mentioned, how many of those teams have signed what would be considered a high priced free agent?

San Franciso is not considered a small market club.

Want to make a bet whether Sand Diego can keep Adrian Gonzalez?

Colorado has grown through a production farm system. Ditto Cinci and Minnesota and Tampa.

Would Tampa like to keep Crawford? Think they will?

Wow, they get defensive quick. Every year you have a few small market teams make a push. Their 'push' tends for one or two seasons (save the Twins, they clearly have one of the best front offices in US sports to keep winning without money) and then they fade away for 5 to 10 seasons.

Makes for long seasons if your team isn't in the middle of their 'push'. Oh well, it's a 5 team race most years and this year is no different. Carry on...

Want to make a bet whether San Diego can keep Adrian Gonzalez?

Colorado has grown through a production farm system. Ditto Cinci and Minnesota and Tampa.

the system is set up to 'compensate' San Diego for the loss of Gonzalez if they choose not to sign him. San Diego would get 1 1st rd pick from the team that signs him AND 1 compensatory pick b/w the 1st + 2nd rounds of the draft.

The Yankees + other big market teams have an advantage b/c they can afford to "eat" salary for bad contracts (Giambi). The smaller market teams still can afford to keep players they just can't afford to pay players who don't perform.

the system is set up to 'compensate' San Diego for the loss of Gonzalez if they choose not to sign him. San Diego would get 1 1st rd pick from the team that signs him AND 1 compensatory pick b/w the 1st + 2nd rounds of the draft.

And they'll potentially have to pass on some of the draft's top talents, because of outrageous contract demands (see: Boras, Scott), whereas the bigger market teams can afford to pay over slot for draft picks and absorb the hit if they don't pan out.

The system is clearly broken.

And they'll potentially have to pass on some of the draft's top talents, because of outrageous contract demands (see: Boras, Scott), whereas the bigger market teams can afford to pay over slot for draft picks and absorb the hit if they don't pan out.

MLB isn't the NFL and drafted players don't really make big money until they become arbitration eligible.

The biggest contract ever given to drafted player was $15M to Strasburg. The Nationals have probably already made a profit on that deal given they sell about 20,000 extra tickets to every home game he pitches - not to mention merchandise etc...

David Price who is one of the best pitchers in baseball signed 6-years at about $9M. Even if you doubled that total the Rays still got a great deal.

Overpaying for a drafted player is really only relevant as it applies to later round players who are 'bought' out of attending college. The MLB amateur draft is probably the least broken system of any in sports.

Broken is kind of strong because they do turn profits. What I don't like is that rivalry games for the Brewers are absolutely irrelivant to the rest of the league. Neither the Crew nor the Cubs have a shot this year...like most years.

It forces me to watch the same tired match ups of the Red Sox-Yankees. I see it every year...it's just not interesting anymore.

I'm not even baggin on Yankee fans, I'm only saying that I've lost interest in the entire sport.

Archived