128's AFL/Big Brother Thread

idahojetsfan

BRITNEY'S HOUSE BURNED DOWN OMG

'Big Brother' contestant's Hillcrest home burns

LITTLE ROCK — The Hillcrest home of a contestant on the CBS reality show "Big Brother" was heavily damaged in a fire early Wednesday, the same day she is to appear on the program's live finale.

Laura Grisham said her son, Nick Grisham, was awakened by the blaze at the home on the corner of Van Buren Street and Lee Avenue. Nick Grisham, who made it out without injury, is the fiance of Britney Haynes, the 23-year-old woman eliminated from winning the reality competition in last week's episode. She is slated to vote for the show's winner in tonight's finale.

Laura Grisham said the couple picked out the rental home and that her son in July helped move Haynes' belongings into the residence after she left to appear on "Big Brother," where she is sequestered from the outside world.

Nick Grisham called the producers to let them know about the fire, Laura Grisham said.

"He told them what happened and they agreed they wouldn't say anything to Britney," Laura Grisham said. "She can't do anything. The final show is tonight and it's live. There's no sense in her knowing."

Nick Grisham went back inside to rescue the couple's two dogs and family members have been able to salvage some possessions, Laura Grisham said. She said her son will fly to Los Angeles later Wednesday to meet Haynes after the show.

He's concerned about how Haynes will react to the news, Laura Grisham said.

"He hasn't seen her in three months and he's afraid she's going to be mad," Laura Grisham said. "I said 'you don't understand son, you are lucky to be alive, especially after going back in two more times to get the dogs out.'"

The blaze was started by a small grill in the backyard that ignited the grass, spreading to a trash can and then the house, investigators said. Laura Grisham said her son was grilling and that the fire started despite his dousing the coals in water.

The house was fully involved when crews arrived about 1:30 a.m., said Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon. It took about an hour-and-a-half to get the fire under control.

The single-story, blue structure is still standing with a large burned area at its rear, where the windows are boarded up and a tarp covers part of the roof and an adjacent wall. Burn and heat marks are visible on other parts of the structure.

Preliminary total damage is estimated at $50,000.

OMG BRITNEY BETTER WIN THE FAN FAV TONIGHT FOR $25,000

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can we get back on topic poor britney's house burned down

'Big Brother' contestant's Hillcrest home burns

LITTLE ROCK — The Hillcrest home of a contestant on the CBS reality show "Big Brother" was heavily damaged in a fire early Wednesday, the same day she is to appear on the program's live finale.

Laura Grisham said her son, Nick Grisham, was awakened by the blaze at the home on the corner of Van Buren Street and Lee Avenue. Nick Grisham, who made it out without injury, is the fiance of Britney Haynes, the 23-year-old woman eliminated from winning the reality competition in last week's episode. She is slated to vote for the show's winner in tonight's finale.

Laura Grisham said the couple picked out the rental home and that her son in July helped move Haynes' belongings into the residence after she left to appear on "Big Brother," where she is sequestered from the outside world.

Nick Grisham called the producers to let them know about the fire, Laura Grisham said.

"He told them what happened and they agreed they wouldn't say anything to Britney," Laura Grisham said. "She can't do anything. The final show is tonight and it's live. There's no sense in her knowing."

Nick Grisham went back inside to rescue the couple's two dogs and family members have been able to salvage some possessions, Laura Grisham said. She said her son will fly to Los Angeles later Wednesday to meet Haynes after the show.

He's concerned about how Haynes will react to the news, Laura Grisham said.

"He hasn't seen her in three months and he's afraid she's going to be mad," Laura Grisham said. "I said 'you don't understand son, you are lucky to be alive, especially after going back in two more times to get the dogs out.'"

The blaze was started by a small grill in the backyard that ignited the grass, spreading to a trash can and then the house, investigators said. Laura Grisham said her son was grilling and that the fire started despite his dousing the coals in water.

The house was fully involved when crews arrived about 1:30 a.m., said Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon. It took about an hour-and-a-half to get the fire under control.

The single-story, blue structure is still standing with a large burned area at its rear, where the windows are boarded up and a tarp covers part of the roof and an adjacent wall. Burn and heat marks are visible on other parts of the structure.

Preliminary total damage is estimated at $50,000.

OMG BRITNEY BETTER WIN THE FAN FAV TONIGHT FOR $25,000

ragan blogged

I’m back home! Amazing= hanging out with my friends and listening to Hole. A few quick notes & answers to FAQ:

■Thanks to all the people who supported me this summer. I’m overwhelmed by your generosity. I’ll even shout out to the haters. We, evidently, had a number of polarizing cast members this season. Whether it’s love or hate, it’s great to see people make such a substantial investment in the show. I don’t take any of the hate personally, ‘cuz I spent the last 10 years loving and hating houseguests from seasons 2-11 and I knew what I was getting myself into when I signed up for the show. Love me or hate me, “Big Brother” fans are the greatest. That said, Team Ragan f’ing rocks! I have crap loads of email and tweets to get through. If I don’t respond to you immediately, be patient. It may take me some time but I intend to write you back.

■Matt, Stacy, my friend Peter, and I stayed up until 4 a.m. looking and laughing at all the photoshopped images of the BB12 cast. The photoshop forum on SurvivorSucks blew my mind. Amazing. Hilarious! I wish somebody would make a book out of all the art the posters created.

■A special shout-out to my amazing friends and family. I know all of this has been a crazy ride for you and it certainly wasn’t anything YOU signed up for. I am humbled by your grace and love.

■I’m not going to Vegas. As far as I know, Matt and I are the only 2 BB12 cast members who won’t be there for the festivities. Matt and Stacy are going to San Diego for their 1-year anniversary. I’m staying in LA ‘cuz I have to jump right back into my life and career; plus, my stepfather is flying into town this weekend to give me a “big surprise.” I know for sure that Brit and Kristen are in Vegas. Give them lots of love.

■Finale night, Lane’s gorgeous and kind mother told me that two Team Ragan billboards were erected (LOL, erected) in Texas. I’d love to see pictures of them; I’d also love to talk to the person who put them up.

■On finale night, somebody also told Britney and me that they were hooking us up with a Lady GaGa connection. If you’re out there, please find us. I’m all about the GaGa.

■For those of you who don’t already know, Britney’s home burned to the ground the night before finale. I think a donation fund is going to be set up for her. Please keep your eye out for it and donate. She lost almost everything & doesn’t have insurance.

■A shout-out to BB production, the hardest working folks in TV. I can’t wait to see the season. A special thank you to every man and woman in the diary room. Thank you for putting up with my meltdowns. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

■My brilliant colleague Ann Johnson wrote a blog entry for FlowTV, in which she reflects on my participation on BB. I really like what she says about my crying. Give it a read: http://flowtv.org/2010/08/my-co-worker-is-on-big-brother/

The Jacksonville Sharks announce the return of WR/DB and return man, Jomo Wilson, for the 2011 season.

Wilson (6’0, 205, Eastern Oregon) returns to the Sharks as the franchise’s leader in all-purpose yards (1,839). Wilson also led the team in total touchdowns with 26 - 19 receiving, 4 rushing and 3 kickoff returns.

Wilson contributed on all three sides of the ball his rookie season. As a receiver, Wilson tallied 81 catches for nearly 1,000 yards and 19 touchdowns. He also rushed the ball nine times for three net yards and four rushing touchdowns. As a defender, Wilson tackled the opposition ten times (4 solo) and stole one pass for an interception. Wilson added to his Ironman status by returning 60 kicks for over 850 yards with three touchdown returns.

Wilson started the first 11 games for the Sharks in their inaugural season before leaving the line-up with an injury to his eye. Wilson saw action in one more game that season as a non-starter. He was nominated for the AFL’s Ironman of the Week five times, winning the award in Week 7. He was also nominated for Offensive Player of the Week one time.

The Jacksonville Sharks announce offensive lineman Issac Morales returns to the Sharks for 2011.

Morales (6’6, 325, Wyoming) returns to the Sharks after a successful rookie season in 2010. Morales started 13 of the 17 games for the Sharks in their inaugural season - missing four games on injured reserve.

Morales will continue to anchor the offensive line in his sophomore season. Morales may be looking to show his versatility, too. In 2010, Morales caught the only pass thrown his way last season. Against the Blaze in Utah, Morales hauled in a reception for a six-yard touchdown.

The Jacksonville Sharks announce wide receiver Sale’ Key will continue catching passes for the Sharks in 2011.

Key (6’5, 215, Idaho State) returns to the Sharks after his best statistical year in the Arena Football League. Key came to the Sharks with two previous season in the AFL in both Utah and New Orleans. In those two years, Key totaled five touchdowns - all receiving.

As a Shark, Key played (and started) in 11 games - ten as receiver and one as linebacker. As a receiver, Key caught 56 passes for 640 yards and eight touchdowns. Key also rushed the ball six times for nine net yards and two touchdowns. Key contributed on defense with 18 tackles (6 solo) and four pass break-ups. On special teams, Key returned seven kickoffs for 30 yards.

Key was recognized by the league for stellar play in week 17 as a finalist for the AFL’s Ironman of the Week after starting at jack-linebacker. Key notched seven tackles (3 solo) and four pass deflections. Key also caught two receptions for 13 yards and rushed the ball twice for a yard.

The Jacksonville Sharks announce defensive lineman Justin Parrish rejoins the Sharks for 2011.

Parrish (6’2, 255, Kent State) returns to a defense that led the Arena Football League in several statistical categories in 2010. Parrish saw action in 13 of the 16 regular season games in 2010, starting three at linebacker and four as defensive end.

Parrish finished the season as a finalist for the AFL Defensive Player of the Week in both Week 5 and Week 14. Parrish finished his rookie season in the AFL as a major contributor to the best scoring defense in the league last season. He wrapped up the opposition with 32 total tackles (21 solo).

For Parrish, three was the magic number. Parrish tallied three pass break-ups, three sacks, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. Parrish returned two of the recoveries for touchdowns - both on Sea Best Field.

The Jacksonville Sharks announce fullback, linebacker Kirby Griffin returns to the Sharks for 2011.

Griffin (6’1, 280, Cal-PA) is a dual threat in the back-field as a rookie. Rushing the ball, Griffin carried the ball 50 times for 127 net yards and 14 touchdowns. Griffin also caught seven passes out of the back-field for a total of 76 yards and one touchdown. Griffin also stopped the opposition ten times - eight solo tackles.

Griffin rejoins the Sharks after rushing for 14 touchdowns - third best amoung all fullbacks in the Arena Football League in 2010. He also placed 9th overall in total net rushing yards. Griffin, the franchise’s only player to ever start at fullback, started all 16 regular season games and the playoff game in 2010.

The Jacksonville Sharks announce offensive/defensive lineman Randy Degg returns to the Sharks for 2011.

Degg (6’3, 310, Northwood) returns to the Sharks after starting every game in 2010 at center. He also contributed on special teams as the long snapper for the kicking unit.

Degg enters his second season in the Arena Football League.

BIG NEWS

The Jacksonville Sharks announce quarterback Aaron Garcia, the Arena Football League’s most prolific passer, returns to Jacksonville for 2011.

Garcia (6’1, 195, Sacramento State) will compete in his 17th season in the AFL in 2011. The veteran quarterback surpassed several milestones in the Sharks’ inaugural season becoming the all-time leader in passing yards (45,098), passing touchdowns (962) and total touchdowns (1,007).

“Our top priority was getting Aaron back,” commented Sharks’ head coach Les Moss. “He was one of the main reasons we were so successful in our inaugural season. He’s a great leader and a key to us in our championship bid for the 2011 season.”

Last season, Garcia started 15 of 16 regular season games and one playoff game as the Sharks’ signal caller. Garcia completed 314 of his 490 passing attempts for over 3,700 yards for 82 touchdowns. Garcia matched a career high 16 interceptions and added one rushing touchdown on nine attempts.

Over his illustrious career, Garcia has been heralded as one of the greatest players to play the Brawl Between the Walls. A two-time All-AFL quarterback, Garcia was named the 2001 Offensive Player of the Year after becoming the first player in the history of football to throw for 100 or more touchdowns in a season - a feat he duplicated in 2003. In 2006, Garcia was named the 11th best player to ever play Arena Football.

During the season, he passed former AFL quarterback Clint Dolezel at the top of the list for passing yards and passing touchdowns in a career. Garcia was nominated as the AFL Offensive Player of the Week five times in 2010 and was honored with the AFL Highlight of the Week twice.

In 2011, Garcia can move up the ranks in a few other passing categories. He only needs 13 passing attempts to surpass Dolezel for second in career attempts - 540 to pass Andy Kelly for the all-time top spot. Garcia can leap over Dolezel with 168 completions and take Kelly’s all-time best record with 305 completion

couple of nice signings for the sharks yesterday

Sharks Ink New Receiver

09/28/2010 7:47 AM

The Jacksonville Sharks announce the acquisition of wide receiver and kick returner Jeff Hughley.

Hughley (5’8, 165, Averett) joins the Sharks in 2011 after a successful rookie season. As a member of the Tulsa Talons, Hughley was named to the Arena Football League’s All-Ironman Team in 2010. Hughley played all 16 regular season contests and the one playoff game for the Talons.

Hughley spent three years with the Tulsa Talons in the arenafootball2 league, the AFL’s developmental league. He set league records in both all-purpose yards and total kickoff return yards. In 2007, Hughley was named the MVP of the league championship game and was named the af2 Ironman of the Year in 2009.

Hughley, a Chesapeake, VA native, finished the 2010 campaign with at least one touchdown in every game. Hughley caught 113 passes for 1258 yards and 28 touchdowns. He also added four rushing touchdowns on nine carries. As a return-man, Hughley notched 1642 yards and two touchdowns on 91 returns. Hughley also tallied six total tackles, all solo.

Michael Hicks

2009 PRESEASON ALL-OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE FOOTBALL TEAM: WR - Mike Hicks, UT Martin, has been selected Pre-season All-Ohio Valley Conference for the 2009 college football season as voted on by the league's head football coaches and sports information directors. The 6-foot-3 Hicks earned first team all-league honors after taking the OVC by storm last season after transferring from Ole Miss early in the fall of 2008. Hicks caught 66 passes for 894 yards and 12 touchdowns, topping the 100-yard mark in five different games. Hicks' 12 touchdown receptions shattered the previous all-time UT Martin mark of eight touchdown catches in a single season, and his 894 yards were the second-highest receiving yard total in Skyhawk football history. In the middle of the Skyhawks OVC stretch run last season, the first teamer hauled in at least one touchdown pass in nine of the last 10 games. - UT Martin football

Saw action in 10 games, with two starts at split end … Finished with 13 receptions for 225 yards and a touchdown … Ranked second on the team on yards per catch at 17.3 … Earned second letter … vs. Missouri (9/8): Made three receptions for 36 yards … vs. Florida (9/22): Compiled a career-best 89 receiving yards on three catches in start … 51-yard grab equaled his career long … at Georgia (9/29): Hauled in a 15-yard pass … vs. Alabama (10/13): Hauled in first career TD … Finished with two catches for 38 yards … vs. Arkansas (10/20): Posted a nine-yard catch … Made one tackle … at Auburn (10/27): Made an eight-yard catch … vs. LSU (11/17): One catch for 15 yards … at Mississippi State (11/23): Recorded a 15-yard grab … Spring: Recorded one reception for two yards in Red-Blue spring game

Appeared in 10-of-12 games, making two starts at flanker … Recorded nine catches for 165 yards on the season … Led the team in yards per reception with 18.3 among players with more than one catch … Earned his first letter … vs. Wake Forest (9/23): Registered three catches for 53 yards … vs. Vanderbilt (10/7): One catch for 18 yards … at Alabama (10/14): Earned first career start … Caught one pass for six yards … at Arkansas (10/21): Career-high four catches for 88 yards in start.

Considered one of top athletes in Northeast Florida … Selected to SuperPrep Dixie Team … Member of Florida Times-Union Super 24 team who earned All-District and All-FACA District honors … Rated No. 88 overall player in the state of Florida by the Orlando Sentinel … All-Gatewood Conference selection … Was Andrew Jackson's Most Valuable Player as well as Most Outstanding Back … High School Heisman nominee … Helped lead team to district championship in 2001 and 2004 … As a senior, passed for more than 1,200 yards, connecting for 15 TDs, and rushed for over 300 yards, scoring six by land … Was credited with 50 tackles and four pass interceptions, returning one pick for a TD … Completed 58 percent of his passes for over 2,600 yards and connected for 24 TDs during his career at Andrew Jackson … Earned four letters in football … Coached in high school by Kevin Sullivan … Also picked up four letters in basketball and two in baseball … Averaged 15 points and eight rebounds in basketball as team won 2002 district championship … Was All- District and All-Gateway Conference in basketball … Was Scholar Athlete of the Year at Andrew Jackson High.

All-AFL Defensive Back Rejoins Sharks

09/28/2010 7:40 AM

The Jacksonville Sharks announce All-AFL defensive back Micheaux Robinson returns for 2011.

Robinson (5’9, 175, Otterbein) rejoins the Sharks for his third season in the Arena Football League. Robinson, named to the second-team all-AFL in 2010, completed his best season in the AFL for the Sharks. Robinson started 13-of-16 regular season games and the playoff game, all at defensive back.

“Im excited to continue to be a Shark,” commented Robinson. “I can’t wait to get back on the field in Jacksonville and make some big plays for the best fans in the league. I’m ready to win another [south Division] title and get that ArenaBowl trophy in 2011.”

In his 14 games of 2010, Robinson tallied 82 tackles (64 solo) and was second in the league with 23 passes defended. Robinson finished the season with eight interceptions (fourth best in the league) and three fumble recoveries. Robinson was nominated for Defensive Player of the Week in Weeks 6 and 17 and was Week 17’s Playmaker of the Week.

we also had our first losses of the offseason

Pittsburgh Power sign their first player, QB Bernard Morris

09/27/2010 3:18 PM

Pittsburgh, PA – The Pittsburgh Power announced thesigning of Quarterback Bernard Morris. Morris, a former three-year starter for theMarshall University Thundering Herd, played last year With the Jacksonville Sharks of the AFL, as well as one season with the Arkansas Twisters of the afl2.

potential, saying “We are adding a quarterback not only poised to be a productive“We are very pleased to sign Bernard and gain a quarterback with AFLexperience and tremendous potential. Bernard also shows great character and is the type of person we want representing the Power,” remarked Owner and General Manager Matt Shaner. Co-Owner Lynn Swann went further on Morris’ player, but with the personality to be a team leader”.

Coach Chris Siegfried added, “I had the great pleasure of working with Bernardlast season in Jacksonville. Along with his athleticism, he brings a great work

ethic to this team.”

#######

Bernard Morris Profile

Height/ Weight 6-4/215

College Marshall University

AFL Experience 2 years

Born 05/29/1985

Pro: In addition to playing quarterback for the Jacksonville Sharks in 2010, Morris contributed as a receiver and on special teams. He finished the year witha QB rating of 103.9 and completed 61% of his passes. He showed hisversatility by passing for a TD, rushing for three TDs, catching two TD passes,

and scoring a return TD. Played in 2009 with Arkansas of the afl2.

College: As a walk-on at Marshall, Morris became a three-year starter and the only player in school history to pass for 5000 yards and rush for 1000 yards. Hepassed for 17 touchdowns his senior year.

Pittsburgh Power name Chris Siegfried as inaugural head coach

09/20/2010 12:39 PM

The Pittsburgh Power of the Arena Football League today announced the hiring of the franchise’s inaugural head coach, Chris Siegfried.

“We are extremely excited to add Coach Siegfried to the Pittsburgh Power organization, and we look forward to building a team he can lead to victory. Beyond his accomplishments on the field, particularly with expansion franchises, Chris has demonstrated the character and demeanor we aspire to as a team,” remarked Owner and General Manager Matt Shaner following the announcement.

About Chris Siegfried:

Chris Siegfried brings 10 years of Arena Football coaching experience to the Pittsburgh Power. As a head coach, most recently from 2007-2009 with the Arkansas Twisters of the af2 league, Chris has compiled a 79-40 win-loss record and received the honor of af2 Coach of the Year while leading the Spokane Shock to the ArenaCup championship.

Additionally, he coached the only expansion team to play in the ArenaCup in af2 League history. Chris honed his coaching style as an offensive coordinator, helping his teams compile a 32-19 win-loss record. Chris has coached one af2 Rookie of the Year, an af2 Lineman ofthe Year, two af2 Offensive Players of the Year, and an af2 Playmaker of the Year. Coach Siegfried was the offensive coordinator for the expansion Jacksonville Sharks in 2010, a team that went 12-4 in the regular season and earned the top seed in the American Conference playoffs. He joined the Sharks following as stint as head coach of arenafootball2’s Arkansas Twisters. Siegfried was the second most “winningest” coach in the league’s ten-year history. Prior to his arrival in Little Rock, he spent the 2007 season as the offensive coordinator for the AFL’s Kansas City Brigade. In 2006 with the Spokane Shock, he guided the expansion club to the ArenaCup Championship and was honored as the af2 Coach of the Year. As the first af2 player to be named a head coach in the league, Chris tasted coaching success immediately when named the head coach of Cape Fear before the 2002 season. Finishing 38-16 over three years, Siegfried lead the franchise to three playoff appearances and two division titles. Siegfried played college football at Division II Millersville University (PA) and earned a degree in business administration. He was a three-year starter and led the team in kick-off return average. The West Hazleton High graduate has also appeared on television and in movies. He was a contender on the show “American Gladiators Orlando Live” and appeared in “The Waterboy” as a stuntman performing football related stunts and “Radio” as an assistant football coach. Siegfried is married to wife Tammi and the couplehas two children; Kody and Baylee.

The Jacksonville Sharks announce the addition of rookie wide receiver and defensive back Terrance Smith.

Smith (6’2, 190, South Carolina State) is the first rookie added to the Sharks roster for the upcoming 2011 season. Smith, a four-year starter at South Carolina State, is experienced on both sides of the ball. Smith spend three seasons as a wide receiver where he caught 108 passes for 1516 yards and 13 touchdowns.

As a junior, Smith was converted to a defensive back. In his 13 games, Smith had 26 tackles (15 solo), four interceptions and two fumble recoveries. One fumble recovery was returned 41 yards for the winning score against Florida A&M.

WOW A GREAT COLLEGE QB WHO NEVER GOT A CHANCE IN THE NFL IS GOING TO THE AFL

CLEVELAND

HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED

QB Kurt Rocco 6’5 230 10/8/87 Mount Union

Late round gems at the quarterback position are a rare commodity especially when they hail from a Division III school. The perennial powerhouse Mount Union has produced a signal caller with the coveted attributes that make scouts drool in their lanky leader Kurt Rocco. At 6’5” 215lbs. Rocco has the sought after intangibles that the NFL brass looks for with a decent amount of pocket awareness and shiftiness for a big man as well as a prototypical delivery of the football. His 70 percent completion percentage during his collegiate career is an eye opening stat at any level of competition with nearly 4,000 yards and a 42 to 8 touchdown to interception ratio. There is definitely some upside to any quarterback with that size and the production that he has produced during his time at Mount Union.

One thing that is weighing on Rocco’s potential is his lack of bulk with a rather gaunt build carrying just 215 pounds at 6’5” he looks awfully skinny. Scouts wonder whether he could survive physically with the rigors of NFL football and if he can generate enough downfield velocity to complete deep throws at the next level. It’s highly likely that most teams would prefer to see at least 10 more pounds added to his frame in order to show that he has the body of a potential NFL player. His numbers in college were quite good, but most of those statistics were accumulated in yards after the catch by his receivers with a number of short routes in the playbook at Mount Union. There may be a cannon hidden somewhere in Rocco’s right shoulder, but it has yet to be seen by scouts. Getting drafted might be a bit of a longshot for this young man, but he will definitely be considered by a number of teams as both the Cleveland Browns and New Orleans Saints have already had him in for a workout. Don’t be surprised if he is a late round choice based on the potential to develop into something special at the next level.

A number of names will be called during April’s NFL Draft that seem to be from out of left field, but don’t let Kurt Rocco’s be one of them

great signing by the sharks

SHARKS ACQUIRE FORMER DRAGON

10/06/2010 6:25 PM

JACKSONVILLE, FLA - The Jacksonville Sharks announce wide receiver and linebacker John Walker has been assigned for the 2011 season.

Walker (6’1, 210, Southern California) returns to the Arena Football League for a second season. With the Dragons is 2008, Walker played both linebacker and defensive back. He registered 71 tackles (45 solo) in 16 starts. He broke up seven passes and forced three fumbles, recovering one. Walker picked off seven passes and had two defensive touchdowns.

“Walker is a great addition to the team,” said Sharks head coach Les Moss. “He’s a great skill player having played wide receiver and defensive back at Southern Cal and played some line backer with the New York Dragons as well. Not only is he a great football talent, he’s a great character guy, too.”

Walker got a late start in football. As a child actor, he appeared in shows such as 7th Heaven and E.R. His acting contract did not allow him to participate in football until he was a sophomore in high school. In high school, he was named a 2000 Super Prep All-Farwest, Prep Star All-Western Region, Cal-Hi Sports All-State second team, All-L.A. City, Los Angeles Times All-San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles Daily News All-Valley first team choice as a senior at Birmingham High in Van Nuys (Calif.). He had 5 interceptions (1 for a TD) as a defensive back, 30 receptions for 640 yards (21.3 avg.) and 5 TDs as a wide receiver, and 2 kickoff returns for scores in 2000. In one game, he scored 3 times on just 5 catches (for 136 yards). Birmingham went 10-2 in 2000.

Walker’s high school accolades earned him a spot on the USC Trojan roster. While at Southern Cal., Walker played safety, corner back, nickle back, wide receiver and was on the special teams units in 47 appearances. His senior season, Walker recorded 31 tackles, five pass deflections and two interceptions.

Walker was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2006-2007 to the Houston Texans practice squad.

• 2 weeks later...

SHARKS ADD DEFENSIVE LINEMAN

10/14/2010 6:22 PM

Jason Holman lines up on the defensive line. Holman was added to the Jacksonville Sharks’ roster October 14, 2010. Photo courtesy Richmond Rampage.

JACKSONVILLE, FLA - The Jacksonville Sharks announce defensive/offensive lineman Jason Holman has been placed on the 2011 roster.

Holman (6’3, 295, Winston-Salem State) returns to the Arena Football League after a standout 2010 season with the Richmond Rampage, a minor league indoor football team. Holman started 14 regular season games for the Rampage notching 29 tackles (14 solo) and 9.5 sacks. Holman also started the only playoff game for Richmond making two tackles and one pass deflection.

Holman was a 2007 graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where he played his last 2 seasons after transferring from the University of Maryland. In 2 seasons with the Rams, he totaled 74 tackles, 14 for loss, 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. As a Junior he was named First Team All CIAA at the Defensive Line position.

Holman played 6 games in 2009 for the Billings Outlaws of the IFL, totaling 11.5 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble. He signed the Outlaws after spending time on the practice squad of the Colorado Crush of the AFL. Holman was also a member of the Grand Rapids Rampage in 2008 where he saw action in three games and recorded four tackles (two solo).

SHARKS ADD DEFENSIVE LINEMAN

10/14/2010 6:22 PM

Jason Holman lines up on the defensive line. Holman was added to the Jacksonville Sharks’ roster October 14, 2010. Photo courtesy Richmond Rampage.

JACKSONVILLE, FLA - The Jacksonville Sharks announce defensive/offensive lineman Jason Holman has been placed on the 2011 roster.

Holman (6’3, 295, Winston-Salem State) returns to the Arena Football League after a standout 2010 season with the Richmond Rampage, a minor league indoor football team. Holman started 14 regular season games for the Rampage notching 29 tackles (14 solo) and 9.5 sacks. Holman also started the only playoff game for Richmond making two tackles and one pass deflection.

Holman was a 2007 graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where he played his last 2 seasons after transferring from the University of Maryland. In 2 seasons with the Rams, he totaled 74 tackles, 14 for loss, 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. As a Junior he was named First Team All CIAA at the Defensive Line position.

Holman played 6 games in 2009 for the Billings Outlaws of the IFL, totaling 11.5 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble. He signed the Outlaws after spending time on the practice squad of the Colorado Crush of the AFL. Holman was also a member of the Grand Rapids Rampage in 2008 where he saw action in three games and recorded four tackles (two solo).

I Thought the Sharks played in San Jose?

Archived