Restrepo (A documentary on one platoon's deployment to Korengal Valley Afghanistan

PFSIKH

I would love to see this, but I can't. As I've gotten older, I have turned into my late father...as he couldn't talk about WW II, I can no longer talk about Vietnam...too emotional. I would imagine that the Korengal Valley was our "A Shau Valley"...toughest battles I ever was subjected to. Lost too many good men.

I would love to see this, but I can't. As I've gotten older, I have turned into my late father...as he couldn't talk about WW II, I can no longer talk about Vietnam...too emotional. I would imagine that the Korengal Valley was our "A Shau Valley"...toughest battles I ever was subjected to. Lost too many good men.

Probably so.

Not much has made me miss being in the Army this past year, but this film reminded me of the bonds that are formed and camaraderie of a close unit.

Thank you for your service.

Junger wrote "The Perfect Storm", which is a great read. The movie, not so much.

I will definitely take a look when it gets to home video.

Archived