Sign in to follow this  
PFSIKH

Restrepo (A documentary on one platoon's deployment to Korengal Valley Afghanistan

If you get a chance to see it, I would suggest it.

It is limited distribution mainly in the neighborhood of bases.

The attached link's video is parts from the movie.

http://www.restrepothemovie.com/#/videos

I would love to see this, but I can't. As I've gotten older, I have turned into my late father...as he couldn't talk about WW II, I can no longer talk about Vietnam...too emotional. I would imagine that the Korengal Valley was our "A Shau Valley"...toughest battles I ever was subjected to. Lost too many good men.

• Upvote 1

I would love to see this, but I can't. As I've gotten older, I have turned into my late father...as he couldn't talk about WW II, I can no longer talk about Vietnam...too emotional. I would imagine that the Korengal Valley was our "A Shau Valley"...toughest battles I ever was subjected to. Lost too many good men.

Probably so.

Not much has made me miss being in the Army this past year, but this film reminded me of the bonds that are formed and camaraderie of a close unit.

Thank you for your service.

Junger wrote "The Perfect Storm", which is a great read. The movie, not so much.

I will definitely take a look when it gets to home video.

I actually just finished reading War. A very good read. I'm looking forward to seeing this.