The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Basped get cut was gut wrenching. It was clear Rex wanted to keep him around, but that knee...

yeah... it was.. shame.. kid seems like he'd give anything to play and just can't.. Also, looks kinda dumb, so he probably went from a chance at huge $$ to sh*tty pay..

LOL! OK. I just dont think thats a professional way to represent the Jets. if you do, you FAIL ;) he is a professional, right? or was that a high school football coach? :rl:

it was a little over the top, but w/e

LOL! OK. I just dont think thats a professional way to represent the Jets. if you do, you FAIL ;) he is a professional, right? or was that a high school football coach? :rl:

Take off the skirt.

WINS are the best way to represent the Jets.

Do we really need to in-fight about Rex being himself? :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm looking for a silver lining regarding the Revis fiasco, but they sure mentioned him a lot during this first show...coincidence?

no, he's an all-pro, last year the bengals hold out was a guy known for walking out of the combine and being fat, so they did like 2 mins a show with him

and the first week is boring, no PS games or significant cuts

Take off the skirt.

WINS are the best way to represent the Jets.

Do we really need to in-fight about Rex being himself? :rolleyes:

Dude, dont attack me about my honest opinion. he represents the Jets, and acts like a buffoon. its true, and the truth hurts the ball washers.

Your point is asinine.

ALL Head Coaches (except for Herm) curse to their teams. Bill Parcells, your namesake, cursed up a storm for the team.

You're telling us that Rex should have "edited himself" for Hard Knocks?

Seriously, get a clue. You obviously have an agenda against Rex for some reason and that colors everything you say.

There was some funny sh*t in the show, that's for sure. Rex is of course hilarious, but a few other guys too that I wouldn't expect. Loved Tannenbaum's comment: "#10. Man, who traded for him? What a smart son of a bitch that guy was."

Granted they were highlights, but also cool seeing some of the big plays from our new guys. That leaping interception from Cromartie was insane, and that diving TD by Holmes was a nice one as well.

Awesome to see the amount of Namath's involvement. For him to just take it upon himself to step up and call stuff like he sees it and calling Sanchez and the coaches out for the way Sanchez is taking the snap, plus pointing out the play of the WRs in practice. The fact that he's even sitting in there on a meeting with the coaches and Sanchez I thought was pretty damn cool.

Tannenbaum's reaction after the diner meeting was definitely depressing. Does not seem like a good sign for anything to happen any time soon. That reaction certainly explains Woody's comments since then.

You also really have to feel for a kid like Basped. He's fighting against the odds from the beginning as it is, seems to have been impressing all of the coaches from top to bottom, but he's plagued by bad knees that are just nullifying all of that

I am assuming you are kidding. Using the f word isn't the way to represent the Jets? Mangini wouldn't curse I am sure. That is why he will be fired for the second time when this season is over.

Football is a violent sport played by young men. I think a curse here and there is acceptable.

Dude, dont attack me about my honest opinion. he represents the Jets, and acts like a buffoon. its true, and the truth hurts the ball washers.

Give Rex and break. Hes a regular guy. Im willing to bet when your out with your friends theres a few f-bombs tossed around. HBO wants this to be reality not a scripted show.

Maybe I'm looking for a silver lining regarding the Revis fiasco, but they sure mentioned him a lot during this first show...coincidence?

No its not a coincidence...Our best player is missing from TC because of a contract impasse. Something would be wrong if he wasn't made a major topic.

I am assuming you are kidding. Using the f word isn't the way to represent the Jets? Mangini wouldn't curse I am sure. That is why he will be fired for the second time when this season is over.

Football is a violent sport played by young men. I think a curse here and there is acceptable.

I'm not kidding. lol..but im being overwhelmed by all the ball washers. it wasnt just the f bombs. god..nevermind.

"Attack?"

I rest my case on the "skirt" remark.

and he hasnt won anything yet this year.

Really?

I'm not kidding. lol..but im being overwhelmed by all the ball washers. it wasnt just the f bombs. god..nevermind.

Rex is who he is. Thats not ballwashing, thats just who he is. Hes very passionate about his job and his team and wants to get the best out of everybody around him. Players love him, his assistants love him, pretty much everybody that works with him has nothing but positive things to say about him. You think he's not representing the Jets well...When in fact his is representing the attitude of this team perfectly. We're here and this is who we are and we have one goal and we don't give a f-bomb what anybody thinks about it. Because thats who we are.

Highlights:

* Bart Scott saying Brunelle looked like the "Stetson Man."

* Rex fu%^ing Ryan

* Jenkins going ape sh*t during the goal line drill.

* Classic upstate NY shots (namely, the World's Famous Roscoe Diner).

* Santonio's ridiculous double move and driving catch in the back of the end zone.

* Cro dragging a tire up a hill and then throwing it.

* John Conner blowing up Pace

Lowlights:

Pretty much any scene that involved the absence of Darrelle Revis — especially the one where Mr. T's in the car basically giving up on signing him till next year.

Regardless of Rex's "we won't be bullied stance," it's pretty damn obvious that everyone in camp understands Revis' value.

After all, "he's pretty f*&cking good."

Are you kidding me? Joe Namath the NYJETS legend. All you got out of the show was to bust his balls? And how would you know what an old lesbian looks like? :D

He had his shorts pulled up to his nipples. I don't care if you're Steve McQueen, if you wear your sh*t like that you deserve everything you get thrown at you.

So if I open up a restaurant near the stadium, name it Cafe Ryan with the slogan "It's Hard To Get A Spot At That Place" on the sign, that's a slam dunk right?

winner winner chicken dinner

Man.. it's so great being on this show.. Watching it again now..

That hawaian guy thought he was pissed when he was cut, wait till he watches tonight and see rex whispering under his breath about how awful he is..

winner winner chicken dinner

Man.. it's so great being on this show.. Watching it again now..

That hawaian guy thought he was pissed when he was cut, wait till he watches tonight and see rex whispering unde rhis breath about how awful he is..

Nachos aren't even real Mexican food.

EDIT: That'll be the name of the Nachos at Cafe Ryan. Write that down.

Archived