The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

This quote from Rex Ryan's meeting with the players made me extra excited for the season: "We know we're better than you. We don't give a **** if you know it or not. We don't give a sh*t if you give us your best game. We're gonna give you our best game and we're gonna beat the **** outta ya. How's that? Let's go get it."

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the "nacho," stuff. It's like Sanchez is just wired to be too nice a guy. "Nachos aren't even real Mexican food. I'm gonna tell him that! That'll get him!" Too funny.

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

The Basped stuff was tough.

This holdout is 100% on Revis. I can't believe people still defend him in this. This is solely about Revis getting $16 million a year. End of story.

So after reading and hearing nothing but the Jets side of the argument in the papers and on the radio, watching the cameras follow the Jets around for an hour has you convinced that Revis is 100% in the wrong here. The state of NY should consider making you a judge. Not having to hear the defense will help speed cases thru the courts. :lol:

To Revis' credit, AFAIC, the HBO people wanted to follow him around with their cameras and he told them, "no." He cited the fact that he was already enough of a distraction, and didn't want to be more of one. The way HBO framed the holdout might be somewhat designed to get Revis & Co. to change their minds on that.

Best hour of Television I've ever seen.

Love that they're making Revis feel like a loser too. And LOVED when Tanny straight up said, "whatever we might have to look for another CB and revisit this next year." Not a direct quote.

bummer I can't watch this with my kids....holy expletives

the most teling comment was at ryans cafe, woody, rex and tanny said they won't be bullied, it's not in their DNA. They will not meet revis' demands, so he's going to have to eat crow and skulk back to camp.......not very likely.

I think my daughter curses more than Rex Ryan.

I'll watch the show again during the week, I'm sure, but I really thought that during that sequence Rex was talking about how his defense -even minus Revis- will not be bullied when facing the rest of the league. Not a management vs. Revis thing. Certainly that sends a similar message, but that's what I thought he was saying there.

Love that they're making Revis feel like a loser too. And LOVED when Tanny straight up said, "whatever we might have to look for another CB and revisit this next year." Not a direct quote.

it cuts both ways... Rex was looking for DR at bedcheck saying "i wish" and he also said "well I dunno he's good he's pretty ******* good" in the first speech scene... I think if it were up to Rex it would be a done deal already. No HC wants to load up for a SB year without their best player.

And then seeing what happened to Kevin Basped it's clear Revis has to look out for himself cause no one else is going to...

I think my daughter curses more than Rex Ryan.

I'll watch the show again during the week, I'm sure, but I really thought that during that sequence Rex was talking about how his defense -even minus Revis- will not be bullied when facing the rest of the league. Not a management vs. Revis thing. Certainly that sends a similar message, but that's what I thought he was saying there.

I dont get how the Jets are "being held hostage" by their best player holding out. Its an "us vs them" mentality but really if Revis isn't that important move on. If he is that important pay him like he's that important. The Jets have staked out a pretty wishy washy position where they don't want to "give in" to his demands but they don't want to play games without him.

it cuts both ways... Rex was looking for DR at bedcheck saying "i wish" and he also said "well I dunno he's good he's pretty ******* good" in the first speech scene... I think if it were up to Rex it would be a done deal already. No HC wants to load up for a SB year without their best player.

And then seeing what happened to Kevin Basped it's clear Revis has to look out for himself cause no one else is going to...

Not doing this again...

If he is that important pay him like he's that important.

Fine. Since nothing's ever going to convince you that there are options besides total capitulation, say we do. Then what? Happily ever after? Really? At best that's only going to hold for three years, which not coincidentally is exactly the amount of time for which we've already got him under contract. More likely he just pulls a Haynesworth and 'retires a Jet' thirty seconds after he signs.

The best thing about this show tonight was how much it brought me up for the upcoming season.

All this Revis stuff had taken some of the wind out of my sails, and while it still looms large in the show and in all of our minds, seeing Jenkins out there yelling, seeing Bart Scott Jawing, seeing Rex's confidence, seeing Cromartie and Holmes making plays, it brought back all of the excitement for this year that Revis's holdout took.

I can't wait for next week and then the season.

right there.......this. We the fan base needed this show last night.

Fine. Since nothing's ever going to convince you that there are options besides total capitulation, say we do. Then what? Happily ever after? Really? At best that's only going to hold for three years, which not coincidentally is exactly the amount of time for which we've already got him under contract. More likely he just pulls a Haynesworth and 'retires a Jet' thirty seconds after he signs.

i dont care about 3 years or 23 years from now. 2010 is the year. they haven't been this loaded for a decade and they aren't gonna be this loaded for another decade.

It was pretty cool seeing Sanchez catch passes one-handed, too. "Best hands on the team... ," he said.

Not sure anyone was listening to Namath when he was explaining how to take a snap from center, but the "best hands on the team," really need to eliminate the fumbled exchanges this year.

Goal line drills were nice, but I really want to see a lot of time spent on the two-minute drill. The offense (Sanchez) really needs the work. The defense could use it, too, but the offense really needs to be able to press the ball downfield in a hurry when they have to.

Not sure anyone was listening to Namath when he was explaining how to take a snap from center, but the "best hands on the team," really need to eliminate the fumbled exchanges this year.

at first Sanchez seemed like he was humoring Joe but when they started breaking down the film I think the kid wised up. those fumbles have been a problem in the past.

It was great to see Jets football last night, even in documentary form.

my fave non-Rex moment was Tanny watching the Revis Island commercial "I just saw it... actually funny" no smile.

It was pretty cool seeing Sanchez catch passes one-handed, too. "Best hands on the team... ," he said.

Goal line drills were nice, but I really want to see a lot of time spent on the two-minute drill. The offense (Sanchez) really needs the work. The defense could use it, too, but the offense really needs to be able to press the ball downfield in a hurry when they have to.

QB's always have great hands slats because of the way they feel when a receiver drops one of their passes. I played a little QB and hated that so whenever I lined up outside I looked them all in-hands to chest, hands to chest

at first Sanchez seemed like he was humoring Joe but when they started breaking down the film I think the kid wised up. those fumbles have been a problem in the past.

It was great to see Jets football last night, even in documentary form.

my fave non-Rex moment was Tanny watching the Revis Island commercial "I just saw it... actually funny" no smile.

yea I will be curious going forward if he heeds that advice

i dont care about 3 years or 23 years from now. 2010 is the year. they haven't been this loaded for a decade and they aren't gonna be this loaded for another decade.

The biggest reason we're as good as we are is Rex. Period. Before he came, we were a pedestrian defense despite all the Pro-Bowl talent and Revis himself being here. This isn't our one shot.

Its true that we loaded up on a some vets for this season's run. LT, Taylor, Coles and Brunell were brought in. We also have guys like Ellis, Jenkins, Pace, Thomas and Woody that are getting up there in age. But the CORE of our roster is going to be here a long while if its financially possible. Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Holmes, Keller, Cromartie, Wilson, Leonhard, Greene, Sanchez, etc. And the Jets front office has proven to be highly capable in the draft.

Why should we mortgage our future to one guy when we have all these other players we want to keep around too? If we give Revis exactly what he wants and DON'T win the Super Bowl, all you'll be doing down the road is bemoaning the fact that we had to let go of a David Harris or a Cromartie.

Dude, dont attack me about my honest opinion. he represents the Jets, and acts like a buffoon. its true, and the truth hurts the ball washers.

I'm not going to beat you up over this because enough people have but this is complete hypocrisy. Its your opinion, but the truth hurts? If its an opinion, then its not truth. Cuz the truth is, it doesnt embarrass me at all. I'm proud we have brash football coach who speaks his mind. His players love him, the fans love (except you) and its bringing an attitude to the Jets that the organization has never possessed.

Your hatred toward this man is strange.

I L<3VE Rex Ryan.

Your point is asinine.

ALL Head Coaches (except for Herm) curse to their teams. Bill Parcells, your namesake, cursed up a storm for the team.

You're telling us that Rex should have "edited himself" for Hard Knocks?

Seriously, get a clue. You obviously have an agenda against Rex for some reason and that colors everything you say.

NEVER in front of the camera. Ive never seen Parcells do that. he was always professional. he would curse when he was pissed off and would be caught by a sideline cam.

I have no agenda, he is a buffoon. you love him..lol..he is a great defensive coordinator. but now I know why everybody passed him up for a hc position.

I'm not going to beat you up over this because enough people have but this is complete hypocrisy. Its your opinion, but the truth hurts? If its an opinion, then its not truth. Cuz the truth is, it doesnt embarrass me at all. I'm proud we have brash football coach who speaks his mind. His players love him, the fans love (except you) and its bringing an attitude to the Jets that the organization has never possessed.

Your hatred toward this man is strange.

I L<3VE Rex Ryan.

I dont hate the guy. I hated Herm. Rex is more embarrassing than anything. its like the Jets are being coached by a 12 year old..lol

The great irony of course is the complaint that yours is just an 'honest opinion' while the others are 'ball washers'.

No need to respond here.

They're ball washers because they start attacking me about my opinion. he is a buffoon. that was embarrassing what I saw last night.

I dont hate the guy. I hated Herm. Rex is more embarrassing than anything. its like the Jets are being coached by a 12 year old..lol

Except everyone lauds Rex for treating them like "men."

But who really cares?

Guy already led us to the AFCCG. And that's all that matters.

Rex is who he is. Thats not ballwashing, thats just who he is. Hes very passionate about his job and his team and wants to get the best out of everybody around him. Players love him, his assistants love him, pretty much everybody that works with him has nothing but positive things to say about him. You think he's not representing the Jets well...When in fact his is representing the attitude of this team perfectly. We're here and this is who we are and we have one goal and we don't give a f-bomb what anybody thinks about it. Because thats who we are.

Right! like when he was wimpering ''the season is over'' when the Jets were 7-7 last year?

:rl:

Except everyone lauds Rex for treating them like "men."

But who really cares?

Guy already led us to the AFCCG. And that's all that matters.

all that matters? I want a super bowl. you can talk all this sh*t after you actually win a super bowl. wtf is losing in the championship game do for you? been there, done that.

all that matters? I want a super bowl. you can talk all this sh*t after you actually win a super bowl. wtf is losing in the championship game do for you? been there, done that.

Does he not seem to be on the right path toward winning one?

Does that not give him the benefit of the doubt?

Whether you like Rex or not, he has to produce...and that is winning the SB. He's put it out there and now he has to do the walk because he sure has hell has done the talk.

Problem is, when you have a big mouth like Rex and you don't put your money where your mouth is, the fall is a lot greater. We've seen all the bashing our HC's have taken through the years and Rex will be no different...

Does he not seem to be on the right path toward winning one?

Does that not give him the benefit of the doubt?

He has done a great job with the defense. hes a great defensive coordinator. lets see if his way works. I will love him if he wins a super bowl. that would give him the right to do or say anything he wants. and all would be forgiven if he did that.

Whether you like Rex or not, he has to produce...and that is winning the SB. He's put it out there and now he has to do the walk because he sure has hell has done the talk.

Problem is, when you have a big mouth like Rex and you don't put your money where your mouth is, the fall is a lot greater. We've seen all the bashing our HC's have taken through the years and Rex will be no different...

Thats what happened to his father too. big mouth and was humiliated because he couldn't follow through on it.

Archived