Feedback Wanted

There is a long list of features and tweaks that we are going to implement in the next few days. But please let us know what you think about the new site. Also let us know if you are having any problems...

Thanks!

There is a long list of features and tweaks that we are going to implement in the next few days. But please let us know what you think about the new site. Also let us know if you are having any problems...

Thanks!

I like what you've done here Max. Good job, but I can't figure out how to mark forums read. There isn't enough hours in a day to keep up with every post made at your site!

I like what you've done here Max. Good job, but I can't figure out how to mark forums read. There isn't enough hours in a day to keep up with every post made at your site!

Looks good just takes some getting used to... my biggest thing is a "recent posts" link in the top navigation that I can use from any page... that will make the site perfect.

Looks good just takes some getting used to... my biggest thing is a "recent posts" link in the top navigation that I can use from any page... that will make the site perfect.

Never mind. I finally found the way to mark all posts as read. Took a while though.

Click "View New Content" right next to the search bar in the top right--is that what you mean?

You added quick reply! Good lad!

How about having user names in the chat room colored or bolded to differentiate them from text? I might have posted that elsewhere, I don't remember.

Great, I was practically begging for this, haha!

One thing I noticed is it would be nice if when you're in a thread, the thread title appears in the page name. It was like that on the old forum, and it was a big help. Not sure about anyone else, but a lot of times I have multiple threads open in separate tabs, and it makes it tough to figure out which is which when they all just say "JetNation.com Forums".

Thanks!

would just like a one touch tab like old site where I get all my 'subscribed threads' in one spot.

I like it so far...lots of stuff going and I'm going to have to get used to it, but overall I like it. Really like the content management stuff...great addition to be able to see when someone responds to you.

How do you access where you can edit your Avatar, Sig, and all that good stuff?

I like it so far...lots of stuff going and I'm going to have to get used to it, but overall I like it. Really like the content management stuff...great addition to be able to see when someone responds to you.

How do you access where you can edit your Avatar, Sig, and all that good stuff?

Click your user name in the top right, click my settings, click profile, click to edit signature etc.

I would like some sort of rep commenting system, or at least knowing who repped your post. As of now I can only see repped posts after posting it--and I have no idea who repped me. I'd like something like the old system (with neg rep). Obviously the points-per-rep have to be reweighted, and maybe people with more rep get more rep power?

I would like some sort of rep commenting system, or at least knowing who repped your post. As of now I can only see repped posts after posting it--and I have no idea who repped me. I'd like something like the old system (with neg rep). Obviously the points-per-rep have to be reweighted, and maybe people with more rep get more rep power?

Click on your warning thingy. you will see a message ;) lol

Click on your warning thingy. you will see a message ;) lol

My warning thingy? Que?

I see what you're saying--although I dislike the way that handles things. I'd prefer if only I (and mods I guess) could see who repped me, and vice versa. And if there was a centralized rep thing like the old board rather than just leaving it by posts that would be sexy. As of now you never know that someone repped you unless you happen to see it in passing.

Rep is under your profile. You currently have 303692 worth of it.

Click your user name in the top right, click my settings, click profile, click to edit signature etc.

Thanks, but I cant figure out why it wont allow me to change my sig picture back to my Gators. Its messing with my style.

It keeps telling me it wont allow that imagine to be shown?

Thanks, but I cant figure out why it wont allow me to change my sig picture back to my Gators. Its messing with my style.

It keeps telling me it wont allow that imagine to be shown?

And can I change my setting to have more posts per page?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a question and not a suggestion. Why are there blank posts in threads? Furthermore why will you see the content copied in a later post but not in the original?

It's possible that the original post was edited or removed. If it's quoted first, it stays.

This is a question and not a suggestion. Why are there blank posts in threads? Furthermore why will you see the content copied in a later post but not in the original?

Are you on Internet Explorer? It could be a rendering issue, as I've never really noticed deleted posts before...

Are you on Internet Explorer? It could be a rendering issue, as I've never really noticed deleted posts before...

I am, and I guess it is not that they are deleted more so than they are not there. I also noticed that when I scroll down a post may dissapear.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to move the gambling site ad to the middle of the green area it has been placed in. Some of us look at this site while at work. If we were to accidentally click on the ad it would get to the IT people and could cause unecessary trouble. I have been careful, but there appears to be enough room so that it does not have to be below the links to the stuff I want to access.

Thanks for your consideration.

And another question, how do you place a title to a post?

Would it be possible to move the gambling site ad to the middle of the green area it has been placed in. Some of us look at this site while at work. If we were to accidentally click on the ad it would get to the IT people and could cause unecessary trouble. I have been careful, but there appears to be enough room so that it does not have to be below the links to the stuff I want to access.

Thanks for your consideration.

And another question, how do you place a title to a post?

I can move that. I will slide it over to the right actually. I hope that helps....

Thanks.

love the site - i do wish there was a way to order posts by newest first in the thread though.

i realize this is probably possible but i'm too dumb/lazy to figure it out.

but great job team!

I just checked and I don't see anyway to do that. They have the normal options for thread viewing, linear, standard or outline. I can't find a way to change the post order though.

Archived