Feedback Wanted

when i post in a thread that made before conversion, it doesnt show up in the 'My Content' section..

That is interesting, didn't realize that was happening. I wonder if they can't record the vb stuff. I will take a look.

I realized this week that all of the old vb URLs were not working, we just converted them so the old links are valid again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know what's really annoying? It's not spending 5 minutes for a page to load, then clicking reply and waiting another 5 minutes for that page to load. Not the time writing out the reply, either. Or clicking the Add Reply button and waiting a while for that to laod.

Nope, it's seeing the page load after another age, and realising that for some reason, the reply you've taken so long to create isn't there. And what's even worse is going through it all again, with the same result.

You know what's really annoying? It's not spending 5 minutes for a page to load, then clicking reply and waiting another 5 minutes for that page to load. Not the time writing out the reply, either. Or clicking the Add Reply button and waiting a while for that to laod.

Nope, it's seeing the page load after another age, and realising that for some reason, the reply you've taken so long to create isn't there. And what's even worse is going through it all again, with the same result.

Still on dialup, huh?

The new board loads quicker than the old one for me...also, I don't know why you'd be clicking "add reply" when you can just use the quick reply at the bottom. Granted, that doesn't apply if you want to quote someone--then you're stuck waiting.

How fast or slow is your internet? Try speedtest.net to see your upload/download speeds. I don't see why else pages would load slowly.

• 1 month later...

There is a long list of features and tweaks that we are going to implement in the next few days. But please let us know what you think about the new site. Also let us know if you are having any problems...

Thanks!

Before last night's upgrade, there was a "GO" button next to the scroll of forums on the bottom right corner of the forum page. Now it's gone, and I have to go thru this massive effort of scrolling the page back to the top and clicking the forum link there to refresh the page. I miss the GO button.

Before last night's upgrade, there was a "GO" button next to the scroll of forums on the bottom right corner of the forum page. Now it's gone, and I have to go thru this massive effort of scrolling the page back to the top and clicking the forum link there to refresh the page. I miss the GO button.

Hey Slats I am out until tonight but I will take a look at this, thanks.

Everytime I come back after leaving the page it shows me signed out. But when I click into forums I am "signed in" Additionally I am not seeing notifications.

I am having the same thing. I think there is a patch for that with IPB, I thought they rolled it all into the version I upgraded to last night. I will get it sorted out tonight.

Thanks.

Everytime I come back after leaving the page it shows me signed out. But when I click into forums I am "signed in" Additionally I am not seeing notifications.

I think the login issue is fixed. Not sure yet about the notifications.

I wasn't alerted to this post either.

I was alerted to this post.

This is weird. :D

Hey can you log out and log back in and let me know if you still have the issue. I can check with IPB but they say the patch I just applied fixes that issue. Thanks...

This is weird. :D

Hey can you log out and log back in and let me know if you still have the issue. I can check with IPB but they say the patch I just applied fixes that issue. Thanks...

I went into my preferences, and for whatever reason, this one was turned off...

I went into my preferences, and for whatever reason, this one was turned off...

Unreal, sorry about that. One of the reasons we switched to IPB was because vb put out new releases with so many bugs. I will hold off before upgrading in the future...

Unreal, sorry about that. One of the reasons we switched to IPB was because vb put out new releases with so many bugs. I will hold off before upgrading in the future...

I'm still not getting alerts. What should I have under preferences? I have "Inline Notifications" checked for when someone quotes a post of mine. Not working as far as I can tell.

Max, in the past week I've had to sign in upon every visit even though I checked the "remember me" box. That's not a big deal, but it's never happened before. Just wondering.

Ignore that, and click to any link on the website. You will be signed in, it's just not doing it on the index page. I don't know why but I'm sure Max is trying to fix it.

I'm still not getting alerts. What should I have under preferences? I have "Inline Notifications" checked for when someone quotes a post of mine. Not working as far as I can tell.

im having the same problems are WE no notifications what so ever.

Max, in the past week I've had to sign in upon every visit even though I checked the "remember me" box. That's not a big deal, but it's never happened before. Just wondering.

IPB confirmed that the go button issue was removed to save a click. Makes sense, so just select the forum you want and you are all set. Sorry I didn't know about this.

For anyone have notification issues:

• Go into your profile (click the drop down arrow next to your name in the top right).
  • Click on My Settings
  • Click Notification Options
  • Then you can check all your notification settings. Most people want the notify me when someone quotes my posts set to Inline. That means you will get a notification in the top right.

If you are showing up as not being logged in please log out then log back in.

We just set up a new cookie. Everyone is going to have to login again but this time it remembers it.

Also we set up global inline notifications for everyone. IPB says they aren't sure why the upgrade did that but they were very helpful.

Thanks everyone. I am going to lock this thread and put these notes in a new thread so everyone can see them easier.

Archived