Joe McNight: Still Out of Shape

Jbro22

If awful and out of shape mean the same thing to you, then I don't think I should waste time arguing with you.

Playmaker was a word tossed around during that rookie camp and OTA's when people talked about McKnight. I'm not saying he's gonna be good, just saying too early to judge.

You're right. No need to argue. But its not too early to judge though.

This is a little dramatic and an oversimplification no?

if this incident was the only bad mark on his record, yes it would be an overreaction.

but this, plus the vomit comet routine at mini camp, plus his up-and-down college career... I dunno if they can expect much out of this player.

Because of Bitonti I hope the Jets cut McKnight and he becomes an absolute stud after being picked up by someone else.

this is how rumors get started. I don't advocate cutting McK. I don't think he definitely will bust. It's concerning for 2010. By 2013 maybe he's matured up and an excellent pick. The Leon/McK swap is overblown. It was more like Leon for LT... and that's probably ok. McK can't be relied upon.

There's no such thing as Leon Washington anymore. Everybody understands that right? There's a guy on Seattle named Leon Washington, but he's not the same Leon Washington we all knew and loved.

No way a guy who's game was predicated on east to west and being a step quicker than everyone else is going to come back from an injury like that and be the playmaker he was.

There's no such thing as Leon Washington anymore. Everybody understands that right? There's a guy on Seattle named Leon Washington, but he's not the same Leon Washington we all knew and loved.

No way a guy who's game was predicated on east to west and being a step quicker than everyone else is going to come back from an injury like that and be the playmaker he was.

ya know i 100 % agree with that... his injury was gruesome. But they made that pick and everyone assumed McK would be an easy replacement.

ya know i 100 % agree with that... his injury was gruesome. But they made that pick and everyone assumed McK would be an easy replacement.

He might not fill the hole that the original Leon left, but he's definitely an improvement on the current Leon. Some reason this forum has a love affair with Leon...

On my site I predicted the careers of over 200 possible draft picks. This was the first year I tried it... From all-pro to bust. We will see how that works out as time goes on... but I had McKnight rated as a fringe player. on a scale of 1 to 7 with 1 being an all pro and 7 being a bust I had him as a 6.

Not because he wasn't talented. He's got 2nd round talent. But because he's a bone head with injury and fumble concerns. I had the other 2 USC backs rated slightly higher.

When I said that after the draft, Jets fans lambasted me for being negative. When I said he was a mess after his vomitorium mini camp I was told not to worry that it was too early... and that I was a jerk. When he didn't want #25 cause he didn't want to be compared with Bush, people thought that was reasonable.

None of that was good signs. This is another bad sign. A running back failing a running test is a big problem.

The fact is i'm not worried about this player. You can't hit on all your draft picks. It's historically unlikely and statistically impossible. It really hasn't been done since the 70's when the Steelers were the only ones scouting small schools and they had some drafts with HOF'ers in every round.

I still stand by the statement, Joe McKnight is the riskiest of the 2010 draft picks. Conner and Wilson are basically sure things. Vlad is risky cause he's from a smaller program but take the total package, he's a good kid and probably will be a smart bet. MckNight is like a 5 dollar scratcher ticket. You might hit it big with him but that doesn't really make it smart. it certainly wasn't a straight swap 2009 leon for 2010 mcknight. Leon is a consummate professional wouldn't dream of showing up in anything less than stellar shape. McK is a complete wild card.

Mr. I call no one a bust, was predicting busts?

Not true. McKnight is a pile of dog dung and isnt cut out for the NFL and wont make it in the NFL. I've said this all offseason when addressing my concerns toward our backfield.

He might not fill the hole that the original Leon left, but he's definitely an improvement on the current Leon. Some reason this forum has a love affair with Leon...

yes i love Leon.. but Leon had heart and passion AND talent..

McKnight is not an improvement in any way.

if he had even one of the three, passion for the game, heart, or talent.. he wouldnt be puking all over the field.. he is 22... it shouldnt be hard for him to be in shape such that he would at least be able to run down the field with out losing his lunch.

OY!

yes i love Leon.. but Leon had heart and passion AND talent..

McKnight is not an improvement in any way.

if he had even one of the three, passion for the game, heart, or talent.. he wouldnt be puking all over the field.. he is 22... it shouldnt be hard for him to be in shape such that he would at least be able to run down the field with out losing his lunch.

OY!

He threw up once.

People talk about him like he hasn't stopped projectile vomiting since rookie camp. Let the kid touch the ball before you say he's not as good as a player on the with a metal rod in his leg.

if he had even one of the three, passion for the game, heart, or talent..

I understand that Leon fanboys (and girls) are still butthurt that he's no longer here, but let's be real... If McKnight was truly devoid of all 3, he wouldn't have been selected in the NFL Draft.

He threw up once.

People talk about him like he hasn't stopped projectile vomiting since rookie camp. Let the kid touch the ball before you say he's not as good as a player on the with a metal rod in his leg.

well in my hippie soul mate from Huskie state's defense, it doesnt bode well that TWICE this asshat hasnt had the desire or fortitude to get in shape.

Warning bells are ringing everywhere. Does that mean he wont be good? No, but Turd status is fast approaching based on his professionalism and workout ethic.

Disclaimer:

Hopefully we dont find out in future he has a as of now undiagnosed disease. Cause, truthfiully, it baffles me that he isnt in shape after the training camp fiasco. The more I type, the more I am wondering if we have a illness issue here. sad.gif

well in my hippie soul mate from Huskie state's defense, it doesnt bode well that TWICE this asshat hasnt had the desire or fortitude to get in shape.

Warning bells are ringing everywhere. Does that mean he wont be good? No, but Turd status is fast approaching based on his professionalism and workout ethic.

Disclaimer:

Hopefully we dont find out in future he has a as of now undiagnosed disease. Cause, truthfiully, it baffles me that he isnt in shape after the training camp fiasco. The more I type, the more I am wondering if we have a illness issue here. sad.gif

We knew what we were getting ourselves into by drafting a guy that wrote 'I GET MONEY' across eye black in college...

Donavan Warren proudly tweeted that he aced his test yesterday Hey what's the name of the other USC back we have on our roster-I always liked what I saw out his running style. Chauncey Washington that's the guy

He threw up once.

he isnt going to touch the ball.. cause at the age of 22.. he cant run down the field.. he didnt pass his conditioning test.. which of course is important for a football player..

and if running is an issue.. that will be tough for him to be a RUNNING back. :blink:

Wait.. can he kick? we need a kicker.. and they dont need to do much running :D

I understand that Leon fanboys (and girls) are still butthurt that he's no longer here, but let's be real... If McKnight was truly devoid of all 3, he wouldn't have been selected in the NFL Draft.

talent in college does not equate talent in the NFL..

there has been tons of busts who were drafted but proved to not have, talent, passion or heart.. just sayin :D

cough .. ryan leaf..cough

Disclaimer:

bingo on the bolded part..

yes.. if it is found out that he has an undiagnosed disease or condition.. i am going to have massive guilt. OY!

he isnt going to touch the ball.. cause at the age of 22.. he cant run down the field.. he didnt pass his conditioning test.. which of course is important for a football player..

and if running is an issue.. that will be tough for him to be a RUNNING back. :blink:

Wait.. can he kick? we need a kicker.. and they dont need to do much running :D

You're out of your mind if you think he's not going to touch the ball. He'll be fine.

Mr. I call no one a bust, was predicting busts?

yes but the question of judging is in the eye of the beholder. I submitted the grades to an open database. He's gonna check back in 3 years. I countered with 15 years but he didn't bite.

I expect to have alot of wrong predictions and hopefully learn from the exercise. There's very little accountability in the draft world.

RE: Disease, it wouldn't be shocking, Cedric Houston had a pretty serious problem they didn't catch until he was a pro player. But he did pass his conditioning test.

Remember the 53 man projection a few weeks back, alot of posters didn't see Woodhead on the roster... Joe McKnight is why... he's not reliable, at least not now. Maybe not ever. How do you put Joe McKnight out there and ask him to pick up blitzers?

I hated this pick to begin with, and he sure hasn't done anything to change my mind.

You can't blame a guy for not having enough talent to make it in the NFL, but not caring enough to even stay in shape for your first pro season? There's no excuse for that.

Archived