FOR THE 3RD TIME L. COLES SIGNS

FoxJet

Jets | Laveranues Coles knows stay could be brief

Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook

Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:05:58 -0400

New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles said he understands that he may be released after four regular season games since WR Santonio Holmes would be eligible to return from his suspension, reports Rich Cimini, of ESPNNewYork.com.

Jets | Laveranues Coles signed

Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook

Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:43:44 -0400

The New York Jets have signed unrestricted free-agent WR Laveranues Coles (Bengals), reports Randy Lange, of NewYorkJets.com. Terms of the contract were not disclosed

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl#ixzz0vCuxXrRt

I don't understand this move... why sign when we still have Revis, Mangold, Harris and Wilson to give new deals to...

Jokes aside, this sends the right message to these players. They know the Jets want to sign them, but that the organization's hands are tied right now in their personal situations given the state of the CBA and the uncapped year. These guys want to play for the Jets. It sucks that they can't get their contracts taken care of now, but they won't hold it against the Jets.

Jokes aside, this sends the right message to these players. They know the Jets want to sign them, but that the organization's hands are tied right now in their personal situations given the state of the CBA and the uncapped year. These guys want to play for the Jets. It sucks that they can't get their contracts taken care of now, but they won't hold it against the Jets.

Oh I get it. I have a lot of respect for Harris, no clamoring about a deal, he's gonna play this year because he's a real professional... Mangold maturely states he's not gonna hold up on training camp, and I'm happy about that... Revis taints his glory with his unneeded contract squabbles, If he does it to much, we might not remember him as "The Lonely Island" but as "The Unaffordable Luxury".

Oh I get it. I have a lot of respect for Harris, no clamoring about a deal, he's gonna play this year because he's a real professional... Mangold maturely states he's not gonna hold up on training camp, and I'm happy about that... Revis taints his glory with his unneeded contract squabbles, If he does it to much, we might not remember him as "The Lonely Island" but as "The Unaffordable Luxury".

as slats put it in another thread,the media is keeping the revis story alive,not revis.every other day is a new article about the sos.no new news,just another article by 50 sports writers with nothing to write about during the off season

Respectfully, you've got to see this from Revis' perspective. He's arguably the best DB right now, and still young. He wants the security of a long term deal b/c he could be the next Dominique Foxworth (ACL tear) or Leon Washington and never get his big time contract. Fans may call it whining, and to some extent it is, but business is business and I don't blame him. If a player under performs his contract he can be cut, so if a player over performs, he has the right to ask that for a raise, its only fair.

Archived