Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

Everyone's greedy. The Jets are greedy for wanting the best CB in the league for the least amount of money they can sign him for. The fans are greedy for just wanting to see Revis play regardless of what he makes. Everyone wants what's best for themselves.

I think if he could take that fake injury back, he would. I really believe that. He knows that was wrong. It was childish and uncalled for. But it does need to be put in the perspective that it's the absolute worst thing he's done on or off the field in a Jets uniform. The guy is certainly a risk to holdout the day after he signs his next contract, but he's not a risk to get suspended by the league, or even have a bad practice due to a hangover. The guy's a complete pro once he straps on the cleats, and a relative choir boy off the field, despite his blossoming rap career. laugh.gif

More than greed, I really believe this is about PROTECTION OF ASSETS. The Jets need to protect themselves, and Revis needs to do the same. They have to arrive at the middle ground that serves both purposes.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounded too good to be true. <_<

Atleast we know they're talking. Up until now I feel like nothing has been done. Which is why I much rathered the Jets dragging him through the dirt via the media rather than this blackout crap. I felt like he was really felling the heat when everyone was criticizing him.

Atleast we know they're talking. Up until now I feel like nothing has been done. Which is why I much rathered the Jets dragging him through the dirt via the media rather than this blackout crap. I felt like he was really felling the heat when everyone was criticizing him.

He was, but not being able to come back with anything, may have made him uncomfortable too.

Yes at least they are talking, but they both need to give to get this done.

He was, but not being able to come back with anything, may have made him uncomfortable too.

Yes at least they are talking, but they both need to give to get this done.

He use to tweet all the time, and I'm sure any beat writer would have given him an interview had he wanted to say something.

TimCowlishaw: Jets' meeting with Revis' people tonite will decide if I was a little overconfident in my initial prediction. But they're talking.

--------------

Just to clarify for a second, he was referenceing the initial prediction of Wednesday, NOT whther or not the deal will be done. He still seems very confident about that and then that other source came out on 1050.

Revis wants some of the HBO airtime he has missed out on blink.gif

HBO wanted to follow Revis around the way they followed around last season's holdout, but Revis said no, citing that he didn't want to be any more of a distraction.

HBO wanted to follow Revis around the way they followed around last season's holdout, but Revis said no, citing that he didn't want to be any more of a distraction.

Curious to see if both sides feel comfortable enough with how close they are on a deal that they agreed for Revis to do a piece for Hard Knocks this week. Which could explain the interview and help erase what seems like a more ridiculous notion that the Jets would actually hold off signing Revis and getting him into practice in order for it to happen on the show.

Source: Darrelle Revis, Jets 'Almost There' on New Deal

8/24/2010 5:10 PM ET By Dan Graziano

Dan Graziano

• jetscampfootball.a0c8d8f50ff3447484c717fc6e7f0779.jpg
    • It's been a weird couple of days trying to make sense of the Darrelle Revis contract negotiations with the Jets, but one source close to the situation told FanHouse on Tuesday that the star cornerback's long-awaited contract extension with the team is "almost there" and could be finalized and announced in the coming days.

Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw claimed via Twitter over the weekend that Revis and the Jets were closing in on a deal and that it could be announced as early as Wednesday. Back-channel sources spent much of the early part of the week denying that report, but Cowlishaw stood by his story. FanHouse's source said Tuesday that the Cowlishaw report was accurate, that the two sides were planning to meet Tuesday night and that the negotiations had progressed to the point where the deal could be announced in the coming days.

Currently scheduled to make $1 million in 2010 and with three years remaining on his rookie contract, Revis has not attended a practice since the Jets started training camp more than three weeks ago. He has said that he was promised a new contract by the team and that he'd like to earn more than the $15.1 million per season that Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha earns as the league's highest-paid cornerback.

The Jets have said they are willing to give Revis a new deal, but privately their position has been that the Asomugha deal is aberrant, not reflective of where the market for the top CBs should be, and that they are willing to make him the second-highest-paid corner in the league. Negotiations have been contentious, and the two sides agreed a couple of weeks ago to stop talking about them in the media.

FanHouse's source theorized that the mutual vow of silence was the reason for the back-channel denials of Cowlishaw's Twitter report, and went so far as to speculate that information about center Nick Mangold's new contract was leaked, at least in part, to help smokescreen the Revis deal as it neared completion but remained in a delicate state.

It's not clear how much Revis' new deal would pay him. Some reports had him asking for $162 million over 10 years, but it suffices to say he won't get that much. Assuming all goes as well as it seems to be going, and the two sides do reach a compromise in the coming days, Revis, the Jets and Jets fans everywhere will be thrilled to see their best player in uniform once again, and in plenty of time for the regular-season opener Sept. 13.

Or maybe he didn't want them to see him not watching the amount of game film that he did last off season...

please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true. please be true.

Archived