Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so now tannenbaum is crippling the franchise because he's making really good draft picks? sorry but thats just stupid.

Do me a favor and try reading what I posted. It looks like you were responding to it, but I can't see where in the world you got the idea that I had the opinion of a salary cap being a "noble" thing.

He's not just playing for $1M this year. You can't disregard the guaranteed money he recieved as part of his contract before he ever lined up for an NFL snap. Revis's current contract pays h

Yes, it's in their interest for people to THINK its going to happen on the show.

If you know its going to happen there is no need to watch it.

HBO, said sources tell him nothing going on with Revis tonight on Hard Knocks.

Sure sounds like they are trying to make people THINK it's going to happen on the show

This story is an interesting reflection on the new technology and news gathering of today.

It is a combination of interesting, annoying, sensationalist and at times downright improper.

If someone chose to, they could create a doctorate on this Revis analysis alone and it would be an interesting case study

Yeah that's it, Revis REALLY wants to play in the 3rd preseason game. "Gieger call the suits, the boys are playing 3 whole quarters of fake football and I can't miss it - **** the money and my starving children."

Hey, my opinion, I am sure he would love to just sign the day before the first regular season game, but, you know what, these guys know how long it takes to get up to speed to be fully productive. That's usually the 3rd preseason game. It's not about playing that particular game. It's the drop dead point he probably gave his agent. Let's get as much as we can, but on this date, I need to get in to get ready.

This story is an interesting reflection on the new technology and news gathering of today.

It is a combination of interesting, annoying, sensationalist and at times downright improper.

If someone chose to, they could create a doctorate on this Revis analysis alone and it would be an interesting case study

A Revis/LeBron thesis would result in this:

scanners.gif

Hey, my opinion, I am sure he would love to just sign the day before the first regular season game, but, you know what, these guys know how long it takes to get up to speed to be fully productive. That's usually the 3rd preseason game. It's not about playing that particular game. It's the drop dead point he probably gave his agent. Let's get as much as we can, but on this date, I need to get in to get ready.

I agree with you on this. I know he just looks like a greedy ******* to some people (and he is to an extent) but regardless of that you can see he loves playing. There is no doubt he wanted to be back for this game and get back out there with his team. It had to be killing someone as competitive as him to be watching them from home. Looking forward to hearing more throughout the day and Hard Knocks tonight.

BTW- Does it really bother people that much if Hard Knocks is involved in breaking this story? I just feel like it was going to be this week regardless of Hard Knocks and why not do it on Hard Knock Wednesday or at least have it play a role on the show? Doesn't really bother me but I could be in the minority here.

I agree with you on this. I know he just looks like a greedy ******* to some people (and he is to an extent) but regardless of that you can see he loves playing. There is no doubt he wanted to be back for this game and get back out there with his team. It had to be killing someone as competitive as him to be watching them from home. Looking forward to hearing more throughout the day and Hard Knocks tonight.

BTW- Does it really bother people that much if Hard Knocks is involved in breaking this story? I just feel like it was going to be this week regardless of Hard Knocks and why not do it on Hard Knock Wednesday or at least have it play a role on the show? Doesn't really bother me but I could be in the minority here.

Yes, thoroughly.

It would be an absolute disaster if its taken all this time just because they wanted to put it on Hardknocks. That means this whole thing is staged, from day one. Nothing is real if that happens. Moon landing, Bible, Evolution, God. None of that is real if they did this for HardKnocks.

Yes, thoroughly.

It would be an absolute disaster if its taken all this time just because they wanted to put it on Hardknocks. That means this whole thing is staged, from day one. Nothing is real if that happens. Moon landing, Bible, Evolution, God. None of that is real if they did this for HardKnocks.

Where are you getting that it took this long BECAUSE they wanted to put it on Hard Knocks?

Yes, thoroughly.

LOL-Roswell?

Yes, thoroughly.

haha I don't see it like that. I see it as, this was the week Revis knew he wasnt going to sit out any longer and a deal needed to get done. I don't think it was set up from the beginning I just feel like it fell at this time and why not use a show that supposed to give us an inside look to help break the news and show us what was going on with these negotiations. I would however like it more if they just announced it this afternoon or something and THEN we got an inside look. Tired of waiting and playing this guessing game haha

Where are you getting that it took this long BECAUSE they wanted to put it on Hard Knocks?

Exactly. I just think its more of the fact that they decided on a deal so why not put it on Hard Knocks? I don't see much wrong with it.

Even if he signs today, I doubt he'd play much on Friday. Maybe 10 plays or so. Maybe. They're not going to let him get hurt in a preseason game. Revis is a pro, he's not a guy who needs a lot of preseason work, anyway.

I'm not saying its taking this long because of HardKnocks.

BUT, if this somehow goes down on HardKnocks before it hits the news wire there is no way around that thinking. Even if it was pure coincidence and they decided to do something special with HardKnocks as their platform, it will be looked upon as staged and drawn out for an HBO Mini Series.

For the sake of everything professional sports I hope they don't go that route. It would be WWE-esque.

EDIT: That said, I still think its impossible for this to happen on HardKnocks without anyone knowing it was happening prior.

Edited by Jbro22

I'm not saying its taking this long because of HardKnocks.

BUT, if this somehow goes down on HardKnocks before it hits the news wire there is no way around that thinking. Even if it was pure coincidence and they decided to do something special with HardKnocks as their platform, it will be looked upon as staged and drawn out for an HBO Mini Series.

For the sake of everything professional sports I hope they don't go that route. It would be WWE-esque.

EDIT: That said, I still think its impossible for this to happen on HardKnocks without anyone knowing it was happening prior.

If it comes down to that, I just may abandon sports. It would mean that the WWF is more important than the business and play on the field.

If it comes down to that, I just may abandon sports. It would mean that the WWF is more important than the business and play on the field.

The biggest star has already done it. So, it wouldnt surprise me to see the Jets try and latch on to it....Lebrons show was huge.

Seth Everett with a good point.

HBO isn't a scripted TV Show. It's a realistic look at an NFL Training Camp, there should be no smoke and mirrors for this - they should stay back and do what they set out to do.

The biggest star has already done it. So, it wouldnt surprise me to see the Jets try and latch on to it....Lebrons show was huge.

A planned press conference is a little different then a drawn out staged TV Series.

HBO isn't a scripted TV Show. It's a realistic look at an NFL Training Camp, there should be no smoke and mirrors for this - they should stay back and do what they set out to do.

its a similar premise.

NY Post reporting deal is close

The latest "Darrelle Revis is about to sign" report comes from Pittsburgh, near the All-Pro cornerback's hometown of Aliquippa, Pa.

Television station KDKA reports Revis is about to sign a 10-year, $150 million contract with the Jets with $65 million in guaranteed money.

This would seem to be a compromise in Revis' advantage: He reportedly wanted $162 million with the Jets reportedly offering $122 million over 10 years.

Several reports Tuesday had the two sides meeting, but that did not happen.

Earlier this week, reports had Revis returning to the Jets on Wednesday, with speculation it would coincide with the latest episode of "Hard Knocks." However, the HBO program is taped and edited -- not live -- so it's difficult to see how a signing could be included, unless it has already taken place.

KDKA sportscaster Bob Pompeani around midnight wrote on his Twitter account that his "people in the county" say "Revis (is) getting closer to accepting a record deal from Jets."

Revis played high school football in Aliquippa and collegiately at Pittsburgh.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_revis_close_to_deal_guaranteed_K3ib598sXZbugskzlxXwnO?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#ixzz0xcxFKfYG

In reality TV, EVERYTHING IS SCRIPTED.

Apparently Mankins has a some sort of self-sustaining ranch out in Cali... dude doesn't even need grocery money.

LOL.

Armageddon wack-job.

I think the Armageddon whack-jobs are holed up in compounds with most of their living space devoted to weapons munitions. laugh.gif

The earthship crowd are more your nuts & berries types. I don't think they're expecting the world to end, they actually think they're doing something to help sustain it.

Jeebus... Revis better have 10 seasons like last year and go down as the best defensive player of all time to make this worthwhile.

Haha! People get hung up on the numbers, but if Sam Bradford can make $50M guaranteed over six years, Revis is worth $65M over ten.

I just hope it's done. Once the dust settles, that $152M will probably be a "maximum value" with a lot of incentives thrown in, and probably a bloated couple years on the back end.

Haha! People get hung up on the numbers, but if Sam Bradford can make $50M guaranteed over six years, Revis is worth $65M over ten.

I just hope it's done. Once the dust settles, that $152M will probably be a "maximum value" with a lot of incentives thrown in, and probably a bloated couple years on the back end.

I'm just tired of it all and want it to just get done so I can start dealing other issues in my life now that DJ38 has informed me that all reality TV is scripted-I feel like I just found out there really was no Easter Bunny

NY Post reporting deal is close

The latest "Darrelle Revis is about to sign" report comes from Pittsburgh, near the All-Pro cornerback's hometown of Aliquippa, Pa.

Television station KDKA reports Revis is about to sign a 10-year, $150 million contract with the Jets with $65 million in guaranteed money.

This would seem to be a compromise in Revis' advantage: He reportedly wanted $162 million with the Jets reportedly offering $122 million over 10 years.

Several reports Tuesday had the two sides meeting, but that did not happen.

Earlier this week, reports had Revis returning to the Jets on Wednesday, with speculation it would coincide with the latest episode of "Hard Knocks." However, the HBO program is taped and edited -- not live -- so it's difficult to see how a signing could be included, unless it has already taken place.

KDKA sportscaster Bob Pompeani around midnight wrote on his Twitter account that his "people in the county" say "Revis (is) getting closer to accepting a record deal from Jets."

Revis played high school football in Aliquippa and collegiately at Pittsburgh.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...=#ixzz0xcxFKfYG

Who said that?