Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

There isn't a TV executive in the world who wouldn't cream in his jeans at the prospect of the name of their show and network appearing in every single article written about a big name player signing his new contract on their show especially if that player's holdout has been the biggest story of training camp.

That's already happening. It happens in every city they do HardKnocks in. They knew what they would be getting when they signed the Jets on for this season. My point is, no ones signing up for HBO for tonight.

And, I'm telling you right now this will not go down on HBO tonight.

Hey, I'm not saying this HK's announcement is going to happen.

This was all hypothetical.

If it did happen, HBO would benefit in that free advertising sense.

They already are...

Plus they're guaranteed to get it in next weeks episode.

I don't see the point of rushing or waiting to get it done on tonight episode...

I said facts.

Everyone already knows what HBO is already. No ones subscribing to HBO because a football player signed a piece of paper on it.

Everyone knows what Budweiser is, too, doesn't stop them from buying advertising.

Free advertising is huge. Even if nothing gets done or reported on Hard Knocks (and it's incredibly unlikely that it would), people are talking about HBO and Hard Knocks. The producer of Hard Knocks is going on the radio to discuss Revis. They're milking it for all they can. It raises the profile of the show, HBO Sports, and the network as a whole. It's good for business.

Yes, because if there's one thing we've learned this past offseason, it's that Darrelle Revis is all about making money for other people.

Which is why I don't get this whole "HBO is behind it" idea. The only thing related to Hard Knocks in all of this is that Revis sees all the attention the Jets are getting because of it and he figures if he gets himself on there and makes himself marketable that means more endorsements, which means more cash. If he misses out on a program that would highlight him as a personality, I'm sure he's losing money by doing so.

That's already happening. It happens in every city they do HardKnocks in. They knew what they would be getting when they signed the Jets on for this season. My point is, no ones signing up for HBO for tonight.

I agree the signing will not be on HK in any form of scoop or breaking news, or any other fashion for that matter, but you have to acknowledge all this buzz can only be good for them, and there are jets fans out there who haven't signed up who are callng right now

The only thing that would go down tonight is "Next week on Hard Knocks".

I'm just tired of it all and want it to just get done so I can start dealing other issues in my life now that DJ38 has informed me that all reality TV is scripted-I feel like I just found out there really was no Easter Bunny

There's no Easter Bunny? :blink:

I agree the signing will not be on HK in any form of scoop or breaking news, or any other fashion for that matter, but you have to acknowledge all this buzz can only be good for them, and there are jets fans out there who haven't signed up who are callng right now

For what? If they're that interested in the Jets they would have signed up already.

Whether it does or doesn't I guarantee they get more viewers tonight and THAT will be a story tomorrow.

Its called free advertising and you take as much of it as you can get.

Whether it does or doesn't I guarantee they get more viewers tonight and THAT will be a story tomorrow.

Its called free advertising and you take as much of it as you can get.

That wasn't my argument.

My argument was how would Revis signing on HardKnocks earn HBO anymore money than they would have.

As someone said before, call HBO and pose as JN's watchdog reporter. Politely ask the uptick in subscribers since HK started airing. Therein lies your answer.

Or email Sandomir/Best.

Do your really want to get that extra few dollars and spend the rest of your career in Cleveland?

Look at it this way. If you were on a horrible team with no stars and therefore lots of cap room you could get the ultimate deal. But you would be out of contention in November and bored silly in my opinion. You have best of both worlds. You will get a very big payday, but will take a little less so Jets can pay all the great teammates you have so that you will in a Superbowl run every year of your remaining years in NFL.

Then when you retire, you can be a NY hero with a ring, restaurants, clubs, clothing lines etc. , or you can take more money, no play-off runs and a McDonald's franchise in Cleveland when you retire.

Come on back to JetNation Darrelle.

Sincerely;

SouthernJet

Darrelle said this line effected him the most.

Right, the "hey I'm just saying it's possible" argument. Which is fine for laughs, I mean me crapping my pants is possible every day. But guess what? I don't do it. Even though it would entertain everyone, I'm the one who has to deal with the mess.

Wear a diaper?

And I have no horse in this race.

I don't care WHERE/WHEN this is finally resolved — as long as it does, in fact, get resolved.

some posters have posted here that they signed up for HBO because of HK, that has to be a good thing for a subscritption service, no ?

and if you feel you can't see the big announcement without HK, you're calling right now to get it

I picked up HBO last month specifically for Hard Knocks. Revis announcing on HBO wouldn't have swayed me.

I always insisted it was Hard Knocks related. You can brush that aside and insist it's not true - but we know better.

The the acknowldgement part is true, though - I must remind you of my awesomeness. It's not like you would ever acknolwdge it. Someone has too! ;) LOL!

Honey, I hope you're hot, because your logic sure is not.

See that, poet, me, a poet. How friggin kewlsome.

Archived