Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

Ratings.

Question: does, and if so, how much, money does Woody (Jets) earn off of this HBO series? Does it have the leagues blessing? I would assume so with the new stadium and all. Does the league work with HBO to hand pick the teams? Curious as to how it all works.

Of course it will boost ratings.

Im sure Jets are making money on Hardknocks but doubt ratings effect that.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me Woody Johnson saying to his knowledge there is no deal is pointless. There is NO WAY he is going to come out and say there is until they decided to make the announcement. He's not gonna risk breaking the media blackout and pissing off Revis's agents or putting this supposed deal in jeopardy. Thats why all these beat writers look like schmucks because they keep talking to the wrong people. Any news we've heard from this has ome from 3rd party sources. Now I'm not saying they are defintely correct either but I'm not surprised anyone directly involved with the team (ex. Woody Johnson) is shooting this down.

To me Woody Johnson saying to his knowledge there is no deal is pointless. There is NO WAY he is going to come out and say there is until they decided to make the announcement. He's not gonna risk breaking the media blackout and pissing off Revis's agents or putting this supposed deal in jeopardy. Thats why all these beat writers look like schmucks because they keep talking to the wrong people. Any news we've heard from this has ome from 3rd party sources. Now I'm not saying they are defintely correct either but I'm not surprised anyone directly involved with the team (ex. Woody Johnson) is shooting this down.

Just throwing it out there.

Thats no excuse for them not doing there jobs. Talk to the right people, find the right people to talk to. They're too comfortable going through the motions and excepting this 'Media Blackout'. Thats not an excuse that they're the only ones taht don't know.

Looks like COlishaw is backing off

How is he backing off?

He is stating that about five different outlets are all reporting the same thing and probably have different sources for the info. If all of them are wrong and Revis doesn't sign it would be strange.

If anything, this is Cowlishaw sticking to his guns yet again.

Just throwing it out there.

Oh yeah i know man, I didnt mean that as an attack on you haha I'm just saying the Jets beat writers sound so rediculous shooting everything down when you know all they're doing is asking Jets officials or people directly connected to Revis thinking someone is going to break and theyre obviousely not. And worst of all instead of reporting that nobody is commenting they're reporting that they're still far apart which to me seems like an obvious assumption so they dont look like they got beat to the news.

Producer of HK on with Mac and Tierney right now, said tonight episode will have nothing to do with Revis. Said even if something was to happen in the next couple of hours it wouldn't be worth it to add to the episode. Said it would disrupt flow of the show, and ultimately make it feel disjointed.

This should all sound familiar.

The Revis has signed rumors....Calishaw is backing off or covering his a$.

Nothing to see here basically.

When did he back off? Just because you misinterpreted his tweet means he's backing off? He said 3 people have different sources that are saying the same thing. If a deal wasn't getting done soon it would be very strange. How does that mean he's backing off?

Sounds more and more like this is dead in the water... Unless I see something substantial by 8pm tonight, Im going to assume Cowlishaw, ESPNRADIO, Pitt local TV, and Fanhouse were all misled.

which camp let the signed rumor leak? which camp does it profit to have fans thinking all morning he is back? IMHO Revis camp

The Revis has signed rumors....Calishaw is backing off or covering his a$$.

Cowlishaw is not backing off, if anything he is responding to all the info that this deal isnt happening with his latest tweet. He obviously still thinks this is going down.

Producer of HK on with Mac and Tierney right now, said tonight episode will have nothing to do with Revis. Said even if something was to happen in the next couple of hours it wouldn't be worth it to add to the episode. Said it would disrupt flow of the show, and ultimately make it feel disjointed.

This should all sound familiar.

He's lying! :rl:

None of the rumors have been confimed true.

There was no report of a meeting last night.

HBO says there is no Revis appearance tonight.

He's still not in camp.

Cause he hasn't been signed yet.

You guys took the HardKnocks theory and ran with it. NO ONE reported ANYTHING about HardKnocks and Revis.

That was all assumed.

The Revis has signed rumors....Calishaw is backing off or covering his a$$.

He is not backing off at all. How the hell can you take that last statement as him backing off unless you don't understand English?

He states that five different media outlets are all reporting the same thing based on info from what are most likely five different sources which means that if the info is false it would be very strange.

That's not backing off, that's doubling down. That's Cowlishaw saying "I told you so."

which camp let the signed rumor leak? which camp does it profit to have fans thinking all morning he is back? IMHO Revis camp

I think it was the Revis camp too, I thought that all along, which is why I was confident. It also seems as if the Jets have been the ones denying all along... Im not sure if leaking false rumors is a good PR move on either side, really.

Archived